Aw Crikey!!!

smokinandjokin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Five years ago, my wife and I went to Australia. Because I was a huge fan of the Crocodile Hunter show, we made it a point to go visit the Australia Zoo (Steve and Terry's zoo). Not only was it a wondeful zoo, we also personally met Steve, Terry, Terry's parents (who were visiting for Christmas from the US), and Steve and Terry's daughter.

I cannot say enough about Steve and Terry and their family. They were wonderful to us. I will never forget that day. I also will never forget Steve. He was an ordinary guy, but larger than life (if that makes sense). He was so enthusiastic about everything he did.

God bless Steve and his family.

This is huge news here.

Everyone is talking about it.

FYIW, aside from the obvious grief to his family and friends, there loss is felt, the guy built a huge empire employing hundreds.

His "Australia Zoo" is one of, if not the #1 tourist destination in Qld- against Dreamworld, Seaworld, Movieworld.

He also put big $ into environmental projects including wetlands for endangered species. He went out filming a documentary, with his daughter Bindi about animals that kill. Apparently, the barb on the tail of a stingray penetrated his heart, killing him.

All in all it's pretty tragic.

What a bummer. Not everyone dug his "shtick" and he didn't necessarily always make the best decisions (croc incident w/ his kid) but you knew one thing for certain -- he loved wildlife and the environment and wanted to do everything possible to preserve it. He was one of a kind.

RIP Steve.