Talked with O.J. last night

Peter

I could never look at OJ the same again. I think he's a low life scumbag. If I ever got near him I'm afriad what I would say to his face.

760749[/snapback]

Don't be scared Frez. It'll be alright. :w00t:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never look at OJ the same again. I think he's a low life scumbag. If I ever got near him I'm afriad what I would say to his face.

760749[/snapback]

this is the wrong thread to write it on, and i only have 80 or so posts to back it up, but there is just something about that creepy bills mask and coincidentally it seems like everytime you reply it is like snake venom....

this is the wrong thread to write it on, and i only have 80 or so posts to back it up, but there is just something about that creepy bills mask and coincidentally it seems like everytime you reply it is like snake venom....

760998[/snapback]

Changed my avatar just for you. :w00t::lol::D

I'm not going to try to defend OJ but. . .

When you are a 10 year old Bills fan and a superstar like OJ lives around the corner, a little bit of hero worship creeps in. (which also explains my Schoenfeld jersey)

OJ always treated the neighbor kids spectacularly. He was known to come out and toss the ball around with you and signed countless autographs for kids that just walked up and rang his doorbell. It was heartbreaking to see what he did but its also hard to distance yourself the hero worship of a ten year old.

BTW, how many of you heard the rumors about Jim Kelly back in the day but have not let it affect how you feel about him as a Bill?

BTW, how many of you heard the rumors about Jim Kelly back in the day but have not let it affect how you feel about him as a Bill?

761205[/snapback]

I don't know what rumors you're talking about, but unless he sliced off the heads of two people, we're talking night and day. :w00t:

I don't know what rumors you're talking about, but unless he sliced off the heads of two people,  we're talking night and day. :w00t:

761236[/snapback]

Labatt,

The point I was trying to make was generational. If you lived in WNY during the Bills Super Bowl runs and was over 21, there were a number of distasteful rumors around about Jim Kelly. Ask around, I don't want to get into it on the internet. And no, they don't equate to murder. The point I was trying to make is that it is difficult to take a boyhood sports hero, someone you've met more than once- and in my case lived around the corner from- and all of a sudden separate out those feelings.

I have to imagine for those of us here who grew up "worshipping" OJ (the 40 plus crowd) that there is not a lot of bile towards OJ but disappointment. In the 70s OJ was the Buffalo Bills. IMO more than Kelly, Thomas, Smith or Reed were. He was the only "good" thing about the Bills and the only reason for positive football attention towards Buffalo.

Imagine trying to explain to a 15 year old why Jim Kelly is still a "god" in this town. No matter how hard you try I don't think they would get it.

Labatt,

The point I was trying to make was generational. If you lived in WNY during the Bills Super Bowl runs and was over 21, there were a number of distasteful rumors around about Jim Kelly. Ask around, I don't want to get into it on the internet. And no, they don't equate to murder. The point I was trying to make is that it is difficult to take a boyhood  sports hero, someone you've met more than once- and in my case lived around the corner from- and all of a sudden separate out those feelings.

I have to imagine for those of us here who grew up "worshipping" OJ (the 40 plus crowd) that there is not a lot of bile towards OJ but disappointment. In the 70s OJ was the Buffalo Bills. IMO more than Kelly, Thomas, Smith or Reed were. He was the only "good" thing about the Bills and the only reason for positive football attention towards Buffalo.

Imagine trying to explain to a 15 year old why Jim Kelly is still a "god" in this town. No matter how hard you try I don't think they would get it.

761279[/snapback]

I always thought Kelly was an a-hole. I respected him as a great football player but not as a person