Bills Cut Roster to 53

Matt in KC

Nope. Look back in the NFL Gamebooks and you will always see eight names there. They never play, except the QB situation with the #3.

I just never understood why they even have the inactives. They should all play. They get paid the same. They practice. There would be more things to do for the coaches. You could have a few more specialty players that I think would make the game a little more exciting.

760004[/snapback]

Here is an article about it ... http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Featu...stion010303.htm

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! They guy is real tough, but size does matter. Guess the size of his heart is carrying him!

759898[/snapback]

Yes he is all of those plus he can return punts, kickoffs, can tackle, is a leader on the field and off, is faster then Gates, is not afraid to run inside the tackles like Gates was last year (Result, no playing time).

How many yards would Gates have gained on those hopeless third down and forever draw plays that Williams was asked to run over and over?

Sorry folks if you disagree with me but this was a no brainer.

Biggest surprise to me is They kept all of the draft choices. Aron Mertz , and T. Pennington ?? Either they are really convinced these guys have huge upsides ( since they will likely be inactive almost every week ) or the coaches know just how BAD our depth is on the line.

Go Bills. Hope wilson, Nance and Gates make it to the practice squad .

The exception to the rule is QB.  If starter/backup QB is injured and the emergency QB comes in, and then one of the other QBs is injured, the firstQB injured is allowed to return.

759980[/snapback]

...But Who's on first if What's his name is on second?

Greg Jerman was was a piece of poop that shouldn't have survived the first wave of last year's cuts.

760015[/snapback]

Maybe so. But he was the third tackle behind a young UDFA (ok, a special one) and the Gandy man. I hope there is more to come.

I think the only player cut that really "shocked" me is Eric King. With the inevitabile departure of Clemments next year I would have thought we was a keeper.

ESPECIALLY since they really didn't have a chance to find out what they have in Youboty this summer. My guess is there was something behind the scenes that led to his release. I don't really have any alligence to any of the player cut but I do hope they manage to get King back on the PS. My guess is he will be scooped up by someone else.

Milwaukee Thomas over Eric King, wow..

759895[/snapback]

That shocked me the most to. It doesnt make sense. Ive seen King in on alot of plays. Plus he is five years younger. Maybe he has some other issues we don't know about.

Good Lord.  Beyond Preston, who will be a starter after Villarial gets his usual week 4 hang nail, we have NO depth on our line.  Keep yer fingers crossed....

760054[/snapback]

Yeah, the OL could look like 2001 again... I hope we add a late cut or 2 from another team.

something to consider.....typically coaches or GM's grab players they are familar with...there may be a player or two that DJ is looking at from the Lions cut list:

OT Kelly Butler, LB James Davis, S Marcus Demps, WR Devale Ellis, DT Damian Gregory, C Brock Gutierrez, LB James Hargrave, DE Claude Harriott, CB LaMarcus Hicks, WR Glenn Martinez, G Fred Matua, CB Dee McCann, DT Lynn McGruder, TE Sean McHugh, DE Marcus Parker, TE Dave Pearson, DT Cleveland Pinkney, RB Artose Pinner, WR Charles Rogers, CB Harrison Smith and OT Clint Stickdorn.

My thoughts on a couple of players:

Demps could be a replacement for Bowen/Wire

Pinner could be a replacement for A-Train if he doesn't show any improvement.

Gregory could be added for depth.

I know I know...who wants someone elses cut players? I think if they know the system the coach is putting in, they have some value. Another option would be defensive players cut by the Bears (tied to Fewell) and the offensive players cut by the Rams (tied to Fairchild).

something to consider.....typically coaches or GM's grab players they are familar with...there may be a player or two that DJ is looking at from the Lions cut list:

My thoughts on a couple of players:

Demps could be a replacement for Bowen/Wire

Pinner could be a replacement for A-Train if he doesn't show any improvement.

Gregory could be added for depth.

760062[/snapback]

Michael Haynes got cut by the Bears, yet another Penn State 1st-round bust...

I hope Fewell doesn't want him here.