The "REAL" Lions Game thread.....

sven233

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean no offense against anyone with Downs

Nor do i mean any offense to you personally when I say you need to develop a sense of humor

I was referring to this bit of old Internet Humor

758159[/snapback]

But can you see where someone who has to deal with Downs every day of their life might not share your "sense of humor" regarding that particular topic? Just sayin'.

Probably a good idea to end this here.

But can you see where someone who has to deal with Downs every day of their life might not share your "sense of humor" regarding that particular topic? Just sayin'.

Probably a good idea to end this here.

758166[/snapback]

if it makes anyone feel better, i teach special ed pre-k, with some downs children... Is it in poor taste, yes, but do i appreciate the humor, yes.

Please, please, please, PLEASE did Greg Jerman lose his roster spot tonight? Jiminy Christmas, that guy looked horrible in the few "highlights" I saw. Go with the new blood. Experience for experience's sake is not worth it, and the Greg Jerman Experience is one I'd rather forget forever.

Please, please, please, PLEASE did Greg Jerman lose his roster spot tonight?  Jiminy Christmas, that guy looked horrible in the few "highlights" I saw.  Go with the new blood.  Experience for experience's sake is not worth it, and the Greg Jerman Experience is one I'd rather forget forever.

758173[/snapback]

Hey, I'm still trying to figure out how he made it LAST year.

it looks as though Shaud Williams has indeed gone from the 3rd DOWN PACKAGE to the 3rd STRING package......might be tough for him to make the team.

I have no problem with Shaud Williams.......but to think that this guy was on the field on the MOST CRITICAL down (3rd downs) last year while McGahee was on the bench......

JUST PLAIN STUPID!

I agree that this staff is just plain stupid to have Shaud Williams running with the 3rd team. Instead of the more talented, more versatile, more dedicated Williams, Jauron has inserted his little pet AThomas into the #2 role even though he doesn't bring anywhere near as much to this team as Williams does.

So much for the bullshlt about "the best players playing"............ :lol:

Did they say Kelso is def coord for St. Mary's in Lancaster?  Does he live there?

758105[/snapback]

Yeah Kelso still lives locally, he coaches at Jim Kelly camp like, every year. I remember seeing him on Adelphia Channel 13 for the Monsignor Martin Championship game in '04, I think the game was St. Mary's vs. Archbishop Walsh of Olean

I agree that this staff is just plain stupid to have Shaud Williams running with the 3rd team. Instead of the more talented, more versatile, more dedicated Williams, Jauron has inserted his little pet AThomas into the #2 role even though he doesn't bring anywhere near as much to this team as Williams does.

So much for the bullshlt about "the best players playing"............ :lol:

758184[/snapback]

I don't know. Thomas has looked a lot quicker than I thought he was. He runs hard and is much harder to tackle IMO than Shaud. A decent back-up who will likely be third string. Shaud does little for me, except he is good in blowouts on draws plays and excellent at picking up 10 yards on 3rd and 18. He can't block, although he is willing. He is okay but not great as a receiver.

I went to the game, it was lots of fun. Watched from the fourth row. Ford Field is really nice.

JP looked awesome, Nall threw an awesome td pass and a dumb dumb dumb int. I did notice that london fletcher always knelt far away from most of the other players, and nate clements came over to talk to him a lot. Also, willis sat behind the water cooler by himself for a long time. at one point i had moved to about the 50 yard line in the 4th q. and i wanted to see if i could get an autograph or something. i was in the 3rd row, and he walked up and gave his hat to a young kid with ridiculous hair. i was jealous :lol:

there weren't many bills fans at the game. the lions look terrible. they didn't play rogers or mike williams enough. rogers will certainly get cut for good reason but MW deserved more of a shot. i'll upload some pictures later. my gf prolly took 100.

So much for the bullshlt about "the best players playing"............ :doh:

758184[/snapback]

I always hate to do this with you but I disagree :blush:

Thomas has shown better ability to pick up tough yards, be involved in the outlet passing game, and block.

I really like Shaud too, but other than as a change of pace scat back, he hasn't shown as much in other areas to me. Plus as a returner his is simply awful.

A few thoughts now that I have seen the game.......

1) Willis IS faster and is going to be a force this season if he has any room.

2) Did anybody see Pennington at LT? He is going to be interesting, but he looks and plays like a RT, potentially a good RT.

3) Posters who questioned Jerman getting cut must have missed the game. On 2 successive plays, he was beaten miserably for a sack, and turned completely around on a running play.

4) Anthony Thomas looked faster in this game. Is he coming off injury? I liked him on the Bears, and if he regains his form, he will be a fine back (again, if he has any room).

5) Josh Reed gets open, but he is a drop waiting to happen. Sorry.

6) JP looed good no doubt. That said, I hope that he can learn to put touch on the ball, and not fire a Nolan Ryan fastball every time he throws. He is going to have to calm down.

7) Schobel gets better every game. Period.

8) I am anxious to see what Royal can do. He is tough to bring down, and not as slow as I feared.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few thoughts now that I have seen the game.......

3) Posters who questioned Jerman getting cut must have missed the game. On 2 successive plays, he was beaten miserably for a sack, and turned completely around on a running play.

761246[/snapback]

I feel shame, shame I tell you.