The Jets are entertaining trading TE Doug Jolley.

Tipster19

It wouldn't hurt to use a little foresight fellas. The Jets' administration as we knew it has been dismantled. I believe that this player has been lost in the shuffle. It wouldn't hurt to investigate player's ability and character. It should safe to say that this guy would have alot to play for. Let's not lose sight of how important a pass catching TE is in today's game. Dallas, Indianapolois, and New England are loaded at the TE position. Marv has always been a believer in the TE position. What's our situation?

Check out Jolley's bio.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/sho...ntroller=player

That guy is a complete stiff.  Kudos to the Raiders for fleecing the Jets for a 1st round pick for that guy!  :)  :D  :D

757274[/snapback]

I always imagined how that trade actually went down.

Al Davis: "Okay, well we got Doug Jolley...I know you need a TE, so we'll float him to you for a sixth roun..."

Jets GM: "FIRST ROUNDER! We'll give you a first rounder for your backup TE!"

*Awkward Silence, followed by Al trying to contain a gitty squeal*

Al Davis: "Kaaay...First rounder it is"

That's pretty funny, a 1st rder for Jolley. It's more like the Jets moved back from a late 1st rd to a mid 2nd rder. In addition, the Jets improved their 7th rder to a 6th. They also received another 6th rder and Jolley for compensation. Based on the value point board, it wasn't too bad of a deal for the Jets at the time. I just think that the Jets' administration was a mess and they didn't utilize him properly.

It wouldn't hurt to use a little foresight fellas. The Jets' administration as we knew it has been dismantled. I believe that this player has been lost in the shuffle. It wouldn't hurt to investigate player's ability and character. It should safe to say that this guy would have alot to play for. Let's not lose sight of how important a pass catching TE is in today's game. Dallas, Indianapolois, and New England are loaded at the TE position. Marv has always been a believer in the TE position. What's our situation?

Check out Jolley's bio.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/sho...ntroller=player

757292[/snapback]

You are right - it never hurts to take a look, and I'd like to think that the Bills have considered the possibility. That wouldn't brand them as idiots - just as being prudent.

How many TE's have the Bills braught in, over the last decade, trying to find anyone even remotely comperable to Metzelaars, as far as all around play? No thanks...the Bills haven't really utilized the TE as an offensive weapon in years....

No! No. No. No. No.

I do not want him. Underperformer. Poor blocker. I can't believe the how badly the Jets got fleeced on that deal. (but was happy to see it of course)

Unless of course, you did mean to just play dress-up with him. Well... what you do in your own time is your own business. :)

Last year we desperately could have used him, Now Royal seems to be overachieving in the pass game, look at there practice highlights hes making catches all over the place, plus hes a way better blocker. I read everett has been a pretty strong blocker to. Some one will give him way more cash then what we would want to pay him

We don't want him anyway. What does that say about the guy when the Jets gave up a first round pick last year for the guy and now they are trying to pawn him off for something that they lost to the Raiders when the Raiders mugged them.

Tony Kline > Doug Jolley

We don't want him anyway. What does that say about the guy when the Jets gave up a first round pick last year for the guy and now they are trying to pawn him off for something that they lost to the Raiders when the Raiders mugged them.

Tony Kline > Doug Jolley

758181[/snapback]

I think it was a swap of a late 1st rounder for a early 2nd rounder and Jolly....