Youboty

Not to be insensitive, but other people have lost parents and have gotten back to work in a few days. In fact, it's often what helps them get their mind off their grief. So I am wondering what is going on with Youboty. There must be other things that aren't being discussed, like maybe family issues.

PTR

Not to be insensitive, but other people have lost parents and have gotten back to work in a few days.  In fact, it's often what helps them get their mind off their grief.  So I am wondering what is going on with Youboty.  There must be other things that aren't being discussed, like maybe family issues.

PTR

756147[/snapback]

It all depends on his family situation. Does he have one deadbeat brother and a crackwhore sister and is his mother's burial left up to him? How many family members are actually there to help him?

Who the !@#$ cares how fast other people come back from the death of a parent? Everyone is different because every situation is different. Not everyone is going to pull a Brett Favre when their parent dies, nor should they be expected to.

It all depends on his family situation. Does he have one deadbeat brother and a crackwhore sister and is his mother's burial left up to him? How many family members are actually there to help him?

Who the !@#$ cares how fast other people come back from the death of a parent? Everyone is different because every situation is different. Not everyone is going to pull a Brett Favre when their parent dies, nor should they be expected to.

756159[/snapback]

Good points. If it's all on his shoulders, I can see that keeping him out this long.

However when you are rookie draftee for an NFL team, people DO give a f**k how fast you get back. You just can't take 3 months off. He's missed most of camp and is now not ready to play. Yet the Bills are loaded with DB's and cuts are coming up. So what do the Bills do? Cut him, or use up a roster spot on a guy who can't play yet? His fault or not, it's putting the Bills in a bad spot.

PTR

Not to be insensitive, but other people have lost parents and have gotten back to work in a few days.  In fact, it's often what helps them get their mind off their grief.  So I am wondering what is going on with Youboty.  There must be other things that aren't being discussed, like maybe family issues.

PTR

756147[/snapback]

I was waiting for someone to post this kind of response as soon as I heard his Mother died and it seemed like he wasn't going to come back in a day or two.

My Mom passed away a month ago almost to the day. It was all I could do to hold myself together for the plane ride home and the subsequent days. Needless to say it was the hardest thing I have ever gone through - and I still find it difficult to get through parts of the day. Sometimes I think the pain will never go away.

How dare you or anyone else judge how someone should respond to the death of a loved one - especially a Mother, for which for many will be the most anguished, personal grief they will ever know.

Stick to commenting about football.

Good points.  If it's all on his shoulders, I can see that keeping him out this long. 

However when you are rookie draftee for an NFL team, people DO give a f**k how fast you get back.  You just can't take 3 months off.  He's missed most of camp and is now not ready to play.  Yet the Bills are loaded with DB's and cuts are coming up.  So what do the Bills do?  Cut him, or use up a roster spot on a guy who can't play yet?  His fault or not, it's putting the Bills in a bad spot.

PTR

756170[/snapback]

Its the guys mother, maybe the death wasn't expected (maybe she wasn't sick before she died with cancer or something that the family was already preparing for her death)

Personally if I was in his situation, I could care less that other people give a f*ck if I am not running back to camp. The Bills would take a back seat at this moment and I'm sure Marv and DJ understand that this is a kid (yes he is still a young kid coming out of school) who just lost his mother and are not going to force him back.

I was waiting for someone to post this kind of response as soon as I heard his Mother died and it seemed like he wasn't going to come back in a day or two.

My Mom passed away a month ago almost to the day.  It was all I could do to hold myself together for the plane ride home and the subsequent days.  Needless to say it was the hardest thing I have ever gone through - and I still find it difficult to get through parts of the day.  Sometimes I think the pain will never go away.

How dare you or anyone else judge how someone should respond to the death of a loved one - especially a Mother, for which for many will be the most anguished, personal grief they will ever know. 

756179[/snapback]

Yeah, but your not a rookie trying to make the Bills this year. We all know having Youbouty ready to go for the 4th preseason game was going to be the key to the SB run this year. The Bills should always come first before family.

However when you are rookie draftee for an NFL team, people DO give a f**k how fast you get back.

756170[/snapback]

And when your mother dies, you don't give a !@#$ what people think, let alone the bad spot in which your mother's untimely death left a group of guys who play a game for a living.

756159[/snapback]

Also, we're comparing the reactions of a 32-year-old with those of a 21-year-old. I can imagine it would be pretty devastating to him.

My Mom passed away a month ago almost to the day.  It was all I could do to hold myself together for the plane ride home and the subsequent days.  Needless to say it was the hardest thing I have ever gone through - and I still find it difficult to get through parts of the day.  Sometimes I think the pain will never go away.

756179[/snapback]

with all due respect steve PTR wasn't judging. just asking if anyone knows if there are further issues other than the death of the parent.

BTW, my condolances to you.

756179[/snapback]

So my company giving only a few days of bereavement per family member death is insensitive? Many people don't have the option to take weeks off to grieve. It's not that the employers aren't sensitive, but life and business must go on.

So my company giving only a few days of bereavement per family member death is insensitive?  Many people don't have the option to take weeks off to grieve.  It's not that the employers aren't sensitive, but life and business must go on.

756218[/snapback]

Now the couple days they give, are they paid? I'm sure most places that would pay you for that time would allow you to take extra time if needed but not paid. The problem here is saying that he should be right back at training camp because the team is going to start cutting players soon and that he should be back already. The problem is more with the line about how people care that he isn't there. If the coaches and management approved him being away for the time he has been gone, then whats the problem? I really doubt he cares that some fans are pissed off cause he has missed time to bury his mother. Who knows, this could have hit him really hard. A young kid getting a huge break living his dream, getting paid serious $$$$ to play a game, probably waiting for opening day when his family would probably be in the stands, and then all of the sudden his mom dies before getting to see him realise his dream. Its not like he is off doing TV spots and other things during this time

I might be talking out of my a$$ here but I think I read something a while ago about Youboty having a family from Africa. It might be a cultural thing that you stay with the family and mourn for a couple weeks or so. You don't just hop in a car and drive back the day after your mother's funeral. Yes, it's bad timing for Youboty and the Bills but that's life.