Too early for...

Brady has more fun and success abusing the Cover-2 defense than he does with most other defensive schemes. That's counting teams that actually have run the cover-2 base for a number of years, including TB  :doh: . While their defense has slipped a bit over the years, I don't think our offense will have enough consistency in them to out-do what the Pats offense will do to our D. I see many slants and deep seam passes killing us all day long. We have a shot, but it seems to be a very slim one right now.

754389[/snapback]

The only way we beat NE is get pressure on Brady. If we can't pressure his throws then he will pick us apart. IMHO, that is the key to the game, our DL vs. their OL !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I feel this is a rebuildingf year wherein we should look not for playoffs but improvement from Game 1 throughGame 16, the Week 1 prediction follows:

Week 1 predict

Pats 34

Bills 14

JP 12/22 156yds 1 td 2int

and then use this game as a measuring stick for JP's progress when they meet in Week 7 in Buffalo immediately before the Bills' bye week

Week 7 predict

Bills 24

Pats 20

JP 16/25 212yds 2 TD 1int

You act as if the Bills will miraculously have the answers for Tom Brady & Co. just because they lost a kicker and a geiser LB. You're making way too much of their recent losses.

I hate to say this but Watson, Dillon and Maroney will be all that Brady will need to beat our team. The Bills will have to play out of their socks to beat the Patriots. I'm not saying the can't do it but I think it would be a major upset if they did.

I laugh at the suggestions here that the Patriots are no longer a very good team.

755284[/snapback]

Maybe you should go back and read the part where I said that the Patriots will win :doh: and NEVER ever said that the Bills would win :unsure::devil:

My point was this. People are making a huge deal out of this Patriots team when their is nothing really special about them. They have one of the best QB's in the league and one of the top 2 best coaches. Thats great.

But that kicker you were talking about has by himself won them probably 5, late game field goals in the last year and 2 Super Bowl rings earning him the name of best pressure kicker. He is now gone.

That Geiser of a LB you were talking about, has had 15.5 sacks, 107 tackles, 1 INT, and 8 pass deflections in his last 2 years. Yeah . he sucks .

Oh that Charlie Weiss guy. He sucks too. I dont know if you remember, but heading into their bye week last year they were only 3-3 and then with 2 weeks of preperation, struggled to beat the lowly Bills with Holcomb at QB, by a mere 5 points. After they struggled to beat the Bills, they got crushed by the Colts by nearly 20 points . At this point they were only 4-4. Then they got to the easy party of their schedule where 7 out of their 8 next games were non-playoff teams. Thisis where they picked up their wins and escaped into the playoffs. If it wasnt for the fact that they played SEVEN non-playoff teams, who knows if they would have made the playoffs. Mind you that this was with the 5 quality players/coaches they lost.

So I understand your thinking. I really do. Brady and Belichick are a great tandem and the years previous, including last year, I had no doubt they were going to be awesome. But this year .... just mark this post and see for yourself.

Especially when Tom Brady and Tom Cruise publicly acknowledge their daily butt fests with one another.

That last one was cheap I know.

Sorry.

755176[/snapback]

I don't know about cheap, but it certainly lacked any inkling of being clever or comical.

Why is it that when some "men" (I use the term loosely) want to disparage another man, they immediately latch onto the "up the ass" angle? Any amateur psychoanalysts out there?

Maybe you should go back and read the part where I said that the Patriots will win  :doh: and NEVER ever said that the Bills would win  :unsure:  :devil:

My point was this. People are making a huge deal out of this Patriots team when their is nothing really special about them. They have one of the best QB's in the league and one of the top 2 best coaches. Thats great.

But that kicker you were talking about has by himself won them probably 5, late game field goals in the last year and 2 Super Bowl rings earning him the name of best pressure kicker. He is now gone.

That Geiser of a LB you were talking about, has had  15.5 sacks, 107 tackles, 1 INT, and 8 pass deflections in his last 2 years. Yeah . he sucks .

Oh that Charlie Weiss guy. He sucks too. I dont know if you remember, but heading into their bye week last year they were only 3-3 and then with 2 weeks of preperation, struggled to beat the lowly Bills with Holcomb at QB, by a mere 5 points. After they struggled to beat the Bills, they got crushed by the Colts by nearly 20 points . At this point they were only 4-4. Then they got to the easy party of their schedule where 7 out of their 8 next games were non-playoff teams. Thisis where they picked up their wins and escaped into the playoffs. If it wasnt for the fact that they played SEVEN non-playoff teams, who knows if they would have made the playoffs. Mind you that this was with the 5 quality players/coaches they lost.

So I understand your thinking. I really do. Brady and Belichick are a great tandem and the years previous, including last year, I had no doubt they were going to be awesome. But this year .... just mark this post and see for yourself.

755450[/snapback]

A big reason the Bills were able to stay in that game had a lot to do with the fact that Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison weren't playing that day and they had a lot of injuries on their offensive line. They'll all be be back week 1 in Foxboro.

How about the guys they lost? Who cares. Every team in the NFL lose key players year after year. Plus the Pats are the one team that has made it's mark, and winning 3 Superbowls in the process, with replacing players without missing a beat. They may not have Vinitieri or McGinnest but they still have guys like Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Colvin, Banta-Cain, Harrison, Watson, Dillon, Light and Koppen. These are the type of guys that won't allow themselves to lose to an inferior rebuilding team like the Bills. I will be shocked if the Bills were to do it.

Being a realist by name :doh:, you have to look at whats happened to both teams in the preseason. I know they say it really doesn't mean anything, but you can't tell me that Buffalo has looked great. They look like a team that is growing and slowly coming together. The key word there is "slowly". They look improved but to think they will beat the Pats on the road in game 1 is a bit too optimistic. They pats have looked like their old selves in preseason so far.

I think Buffalo has a much better opportunity to beat them at home the second time they meet. This team has to work together for awhile yet.

Pats 31

Bills 17

You'll see several stupid penalties and a couple of "dumb" mistakes by JP. And of course Brady killing us with that short passing game to the backs and TE's.

A big reason the Bills were able to stay in that game had a lot to do with the fact that Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison weren't playing that day and they had a lot of injuries on their offensive line. They'll all be be back week 1 in Foxboro.

How about the guys they lost? Who cares. Every team in the NFL lose key players year after year. Plus the Pats are the one team that has made it's mark, and winning 3 Superbowls in the process, with replacing players without missing a beat. They may not have Vinitieri or McGinnest but they still have guys like Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Colvin, Banta-Cain, Harrison, Watson, Dillon, Light and Koppen. These are the type of guys that won't allow themselves to lose to an inferior rebuilding team like the Bills. I will be shocked if the Bills were to do it.

755512[/snapback]

Thats basically Spikes, Fletcher, Crowell, Clements, McGee, McGahee, Evans, and Schobel. So whats your point? All except for 2 or 3 names you listed, are not pro-bowlers, former pro-bowlers, all-pros or anything of that sort. So again. What is your point? honestly ... lets just leave it here and discuss this in week 9 when you see that NE's record is 3-5 or 4-4 after they beat Buffalo, NY Jets, Buffalo again, and Minnesota while losing to Denver, Cincinatti, Miami and Indianapolis. For the 2nd straight year, the Patriots received a pancake easy schedule for the last 8 games, including 7 of which that did NOT make the playoffs last year. So you can really only count the first 8 games.

Thats basically Spikes, Fletcher, Crowell, Clements, McGee, McGahee, Evans, and Schobel. So whats your point? All except for 2 or 3 names you listed, are not pro-bowlers, former pro-bowlers, all-pros or anything of that sort. So again. What is your point? honestly ... lets just leave it here and discuss this in week 9 when you see that NE's record is 3-5 or 4-4 after they beat Buffalo, NY Jets, Buffalo again, and Minnesota while losing to Denver, Cincinatti, Miami and Indianapolis. For the 2nd straight year, the Patriots received a pancake easy schedule for the last 8  games, including 7 of which that did NOT make the playoffs last year. So you can really only count the first 8 games.

755728[/snapback]

No it's not. The Bill you've mentioned were on teams that crapped the bed over the last few years while the Pat players have been to the playoffs year after year and even won the Superbowl. Are you saying the Pats are over-rated because they've been playing weak schedules and that's how they make it to the playoffs every year? Maybe we should just leave it here because I'm not buying what you're selling at all.

It sucks to say, but the Pats will be every bit as good as the Colts, Steelers, Bengals and Broncos...mark it down.

I think not...I'm not afraid of the Patriots! Last year we almost won the darn game with Holcomb at the helm at NE. I truly think we are a much better team this year.........

Bills - 21

Pats - 20

Shocker of the week

754202[/snapback]

I agree we will be able to play with them, I think it will be a matter of if we beat ourselves with penalties and turnovers that will be the result. Jp has turnes the ball over in every outing this year, last week the penalties where a mess

I think not...I'm not afraid of the Patriots! Last year we almost won the darn game with Holcomb at the helm at NE. I truly think we are a much better team this year.........

Bills - 21

Pats - 20

Shocker of the week

754202[/snapback]

34-10 Patriots. I think we'll have a lot to learn from the game.