Too early for...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it would make my day and I can actually see it happening. If there was one week that the Bills have the best chance to beat the Pats, it is week 1. Branch might still be holding out, they won't have any regular season game film of our new offense or defense yet, and overall it's the best time to catch a team by surprise that probably doesn't think much of you. I don't think we'll route them like we did a few years back, but I could see us pulling out a 21-17 win.

I want to be optimistic, I want us to win, but I just don't see it happening for us. Too many changes, coaches, players and not enough talent to win against a superior team (even though maybe not as good as previous Patsy teams). I sadly predict a 28-13 loss with at least one Patsy score coming off of a turnover.

Sorry guys, I am a big optimist but the Bills are not going into Foxboro opening day and beating the Pats. They are looking very sharp in pre-season, two excellent RB's that are going to pound defenses. Brady will be picking apart our cover 2 all day. Pats 34-24.

Sorry guys, I am a big optimist but the Bills are not going into Foxboro opening day and beating the Pats.  They are looking very sharp in pre-season, two excellent RB's that are going to pound defenses.  Brady will be picking apart our cover 2 all day.  Pats 34-24.

754219[/snapback]

I'll be optimistic until Brady takes the Pats first dive down field and does a play action on the 7 and finds a Tight End WIDE OPEN. He always does that to us....

I think not...I'm not afraid of the Patriots! Last year we almost won the darn game with Holcomb at the helm at NE. I truly think we are a much better team this year.........

Bills - 21

Pats - 20

Shocker of the week

754202[/snapback]

Ahh, the rose-colored glasses are always rosier week one, aren't they?

Of course, the Bills are1-0 in Week One games against the Patriots this decade. So you've got that going for you... which is nice.

I'm pretty sure that the Patriots will not only win, but absolutely destroy our boys.

BUT...

We do have something going for us, and thats nobody expects us to win. If the Bills get creamed, which they probably will, people will just shrug their shoulders and say "Buffalo traveling to New England in the first game of the season? What did you expect to happen?".

That could work in the Bills' favor though.

No pressure to win. They're expected to lose. I know for a fact that players HATE playing teams like that because the pressure is squarely on their shoulders.

If the Bills lose...hey...thats what is supposed to happen. If the Patriots somehow lose though at home...whoo-boy, you'll see a lot of Pats fans running for the bridges in Boston.

I'm pretty sure that the Patriots will not only win, but absolutely destroy our boys. 

BUT...

We do have something going for us, and thats nobody expects us to win.  If the Bills get creamed, which they probably will, people will just shrug their shoulders and say "Buffalo traveling to New England in the first game of the season?  What did you expect to happen?". 

That could work in the Bills' favor though.

No pressure to win.  They're expected to lose.  I know for a fact that players HATE playing teams like that because the pressure is squarely on their shoulders.

If the Bills lose...hey...thats what is supposed to happen.  If the Patriots somehow lose though at home...whoo-boy, you'll see a lot of Pats fans running for the bridges in Boston.

754372[/snapback]

It'll be a lot closer if Holcomb starts. If The Loss-man plays, members of 2BD will be diving under cars on the freeway.

Brady has more fun and success abusing the Cover-2 defense than he does with most other defensive schemes. That's counting teams that actually have run the cover-2 base for a number of years, including TB :devil: . While their defense has slipped a bit over the years, I don't think our offense will have enough consistency in them to out-do what the Pats offense will do to our D. I see many slants and deep seam passes killing us all day long. We have a shot, but it seems to be a very slim one right now.

Brady has more fun and success abusing the Cover-2 defense than he does with most other defensive schemes. That's counting teams that actually have run the cover-2 base for a number of years, including TB  :devil: . While their defense has slipped a bit over the years, I don't think our offense will have enough consistency in them to out-do what the Pats offense will do to our D. I see many slants and deep seam passes killing us all day long. We have a shot, but it seems to be a very slim one right now.

754389[/snapback]

The Patriots WR core isn't what the Bills D will be worrying about. I think that the Bills will key on stopping Ben Watson and the running game. I'd be surprised if the Pats' WR caught more than 5-6 passes in the opener. The TEs and RBs will catch the bulk of passes for New England.

I don't think the Bills can move the ball on the Pats' D, at least not yet. I like the unn-dah in the game.

The Patriots WR core isn't what the Bills D will be worrying about.  I think that the Bills will key on stopping Ben Watson and the running game.  I'd be surprised if the Pats' WR caught more than 5-6 passes in the opener.  The TEs and RBs will catch the bulk of passes for New England.

I don't think the Bills can move the ball on the Pats' D, at least not yet.  I like the unn-dah in the game.

754415[/snapback]

I'm not an Xs and Os guy, but I recall Aikman commenting one night that the key to beating Cover 2 is getting the passes to your TEs and RBs.

Too early to predict a score yet, but I will predict young Donte will be picked on & TV will be trampled. :devil: I want to see how JP looks this week first, his big-play capability could keep the Bills in the game.

i attended the pats-bills game last year at gillete, vowing never again to actually go to an opposing stadium and see the bills lose. the worst part last year was not the loss, it was the nickel and dime b-s offensive play calling. i actually had a line of sight on the hit where holcomb fumbled, and see it about every 6-9 days in my dream sequence I have titled "Being a Bills Fan Brings Such Sweet Agony to my restless nights every 6-9 days", or ("BABFBSSATMRNE6-9D" for short). i swore off mularkey. i swore off clements. i wished only that, should we lose, we lose like men, not like girls scouts or those female indian guides.

of course, i was back enjoying the agony before long, and will again visit gillette stadium for opening day with my 11 year old. this time, i'm confident we'll at least lose like men, and i'm hopeful for the future.

good day, comrades. i think we're outmatched here, too early for the o-line to gel against a well-coached defensive team. brady is as brady does, and that usually means pain.

timmo

I think not...I'm not afraid of the Patriots! Last year we almost won the darn game with Holcomb at the helm at NE. I truly think we are a much better team this year.........

Bills - 21

Pats - 20

Shocker of the week

754202[/snapback]

Guess what, the Patriots aren't afraid of the Bills either. I just don't get these dumping on the Pats posts. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have owned the Bills for a long long time now. There's no reasonable explaination of how and why they would faulter at home against the Bills in week one. This Bills team will have to "learn" how to win. There are just too many different moving parts going in, such as new starters and new coaches, to expect anything but a loss at Foxboro. I'm thinking this team will have a rough start, but come together by mid-season to raise some eyebrows. I think their first win will come in week 3, but I'll give you serious props if the Bills pull off the monumental upset.

It'll be a lot closer if Holcomb starts.  If The Loss-man plays, members of 2BD will be diving under cars on the freeway.

754379[/snapback]

I agree. Based on last year, Holcomb was a far better QB, has he digressed that much? Had he started from Week 1 on last year we could have contended for playoffs.

Unless JP has improved leaps and bounds, I don't think he can win more than 7 games for us this year.