Next round of cuts

JPL7

with this tuesday all teams must have rosters cut down to 75, what 8 guys do u think will be next to go? and if u have any "surprises" why do u see them going? discuss!

749697[/snapback]

83 into 75...

1. Corner: Bassey- never mentioned, maybe keeping Bethea to cover the WR competition for a bit longer.

2. DE: One of the DE's- most likely Joshua Cooper. The others are rookies, Neill can long snap are are higher listing in depth, thus far...

3. OL:Maybe Gobson, but he gets reps at both Guard and Tackle, which may count for him. Therefore Jason Thomas.

4 & 5. WR: An older receiver- Wilson and a younger 1- Denney (too many Denney's on this roster :devil: )

6. RB: Running back- Burns, despite sticking for 4 years, there's too much competition at both RB and FB ahead of him.

7. FB: Goldsberry. Is 2 FB's enough competition in training camp?

8. S: Wire- Bowen played well enough to push Whitner but is now injured, hopefully be back for the back up spot. Leonard has reps between FS and SS, adding some value (?) and has Rob Lee done enough. Wire's injuries in Weeks 1-2 must have hindered his roster spot more than helped, but Bowen's injury complicates.

I've tried to leave Rookies- maybe for PS and guys who can play more than the 1 position (except Burns...). Gibson hasn't had a lot of looks, plus he's been out of the league- maybe a Watson type cut. I wouldn't be too suprised if he was cut. Judging from some of Jauron's comments the Turk looks likley to come visiting for "reciever" but I haven't been too bold and predicting a "name" yet.

The interesting thing to me about the cuts so far is that I think some of it is motivated by getting rid of a guy so he does not take up game time or practice reps from other players where they feel like the need to choose or give the kept player practice.

The LB cuts were interesting not so much because I think they felt Posey or Watson were so bad, but I think it was because they judged that they were good enough to make this cut, but would probably lose out on the final cut. The braintrust really seems to want to get a good look at Wendell Hunter and also they are flipping OLBs to each side since TKO is going to the SS. I yhink they let Posey and then Watson go because they are really gonna take a hard look at tat least Hunter and maybe Ezekial before they make a decision who to keep.

I think Mcfarland is a goner - his lingering knee injury hasn't helped the fact that I don't think he has ever exactly been stellar even with two good knees.

If Bowen wasn't hurt Wire would be gone next cut - they will probably keep him around until they know Bowen is healed w/ no complictions and ready to go for the start of the season.

If Bowen wasn't hurt Wire would be gone next cut - they will probably keep him around until they know Bowen is healed w/ no complictions and ready to go for the start of the season.

749785[/snapback]

That's my thinking as well, there's no way they dump Wire until Bowen is healthy.

I don't know, I could see both Wire and Bowen getting cut eventually in favor of Leonard becoming the backup SS, and in addition contributing on the coverage teams. Considering they'll likely be going 3-deep at FS (Vincent, Simpson, Baker) I don't see them keeping more than two strong safeties. If I were in charge, I'd want to keep a player like Leonard on the roster.

I've been waiting years to say this with certainty. Ryan Neufield. God i HATE him. He does absolutely nothing. Every time he steps on the field i end up saying, what is he going to do to !@#$ this play up.

Suprise cut could be Fast Fred. I know that you would not suspect him to be one of the first gone and he is a fan favorite, but i also think that the team likes him. As a result of the team liking him, i could see him being cut early so that he can get a roster spot on another team. We did this for the likes of Jonathan Linton and i think we will do the same for him. The people to pick him up will either be the Jets or the Patriots.

Joe Burns is as good as gone because he is just not all that productive. He has an effect on special teams and at one point returned a couple of kicks, but we have far too many returners for him to have any value except for at running back or fullback, and i just don't see it happening.

This is strictly either/or with the DL..... Cooper, Neill, and/or Hall are packing their bags and the jury is still out on Sape and Jefferson. With Hunter pushing hard, does Haggan get the heave ho? On the OL, Pennington might go in the next group, however, he is slated for the practice squad, IMO. I think Mr. Gibson stays a while longer and Merz might also be PS material for this year. Brad Butler will make this team along with Greg Jerman and Justin Geisinger. I agree that Ryan Neufeld is in all likelihood a goner. At WR, I think Andre Davis is a casualty along with Freddy. Denney and Nance could both see time on the PS roster. One thing this regime likes to do is promote someone for a game to test their mettle. Me thinks the next candidate for this "honor" is George Wilson!! Wendell Hunter stepped up, why NOT Wilson??

Burns and Neufeld stay. Both are extremely versatile players who can do a lot - it's hard to cut players like that. I'm guessing it's why they've both been around longer than a lot of other players on the team. Not to mention they are part of Bobby April's special teams unit. They stay and both make the final cut. Cieslak will be the TE casualty this year.

i doubt they cut bowen in favor of rob lee or leonard. i bet they both get cut. baker could play ss in a pinch as could ko. shaud williams will get cut. hes almost usless in our new offense and a crowded backfield, his days a s a bill are over. fast freddie love him but hes gone. chris denny(whats he done) and neufeld wont make it. if they really likecieslak as much as they say they only keep theee. neufeld is out. whoever our ls was from last year. hes a mularky guy and one of our des can do it i think. hes usless then.

i doubt they cut bowen in favor of rob lee or leonard. i bet they both get cut. baker could play ss in a pinch as could ko. shaud williams will get cut. hes almost usless in our new offense and a crowded backfield, his days a s a bill are over. fast freddie love him but hes gone. chris denny(whats he done) and neufeld wont make it. if they really likecieslak as much as they say they only keep theee. neufeld is out. whoever our ls was from last year. hes a mularky guy and one of our des can do it i think. hes usless then.

749945[/snapback]

Last year's long snapper was Schneck. If Schneck goes, Neufeld is the back up long snapper, which would mean he stays. Cieslak got a lot of pub during the offseason but hasn't done much to impress during camp. For him to win out over Neufeld for the third TE spot, he'd have to really show something. As of the last game, Neufeld was starting on special teams - Cieslak didn't. The third TE has to be able to play special teams. Neufeld stays - Cieslak goes to the PS.

Last year's long snapper was Schneck.  If Schneck goes...

749986[/snapback]

Look at Lindell's FG% before Schneck snapped and then after. There is absoultely no chance he goes. He's good, he's quick, he's accurate and he, Moorman and Lindell have their timing down to a science. I'd be shocked if they mess with that.