Weird turn in Clarett story

It's crazy because we've watched this kid screw up his whole life right before our very eyes. I remember watchin him beast on everybody as a freshmen, capped by the game against Miami. But since that point, that guy's life has crumbled around him. It's pretty sad.

It's crazy because we've watched this kid screw up his whole life right before our very eyes. I remember watchin him beast on everybody as a freshmen, capped by the game against Miami. But since that point, that guy's life has crumbled around him. It's pretty sad.

746181[/snapback]

It's a sad story but I don't feel bad for him. Most people would give anything for the chance that this kid had. He won a National Championship and had the world at his fingertips. <_<

ESPN

This guy has definitely screwed up.

746084[/snapback]

He's probably the only one whose story has come out. There are many hints in both ESPN stories that pro athletes and unsavory characters run together.

I wonder how Mel Gibson feels about Jewish Mob living in his backyard of Malibu.

But anyways, I do feel bad for him. He got mixed up with th wrong people.

I remember seeing a story about Russian hockey players afraid of the Mob in Russia. They wouldnt leave any family members in Russia once they left for the NHL because of extortion.

I certainly would not want any type of organized crime syndicate after me, but the Jewish Mafia just doesn't seem to carry the same weight or fear as say the Russians, Ukrainians or Italians.

746293[/snapback]

You, of course, mean the Israeli "Mafia" (as opposed to guys like Dutch Schultz, Meyer Lansky, Arnold Rothstein, Mickey Cohen, Bugsy Siegel, et al).

Nonetheless, I'm sure the Israeli "Mob" is no less competent and no more benevalent than the Mossad - Clarett is screwed!

I certainly would not want any type of organized crime syndicate after me, but the Jewish Mafia just doesn't seem to carry the same weight or fear as say the Russians, Ukrainians or Italians.

746293[/snapback]

Ummm......So if you die by gunshot or you die by a blade, what's the difference, you're still dead.

It's a sad story but I don't feel bad for him.  Most people would give anything for the chance that this kid had.  He won a National Championship and had the world at his fingertips. :P

746183[/snapback]

That actually reminds me of watching Andy Katzenmoyer, the LB who eventually got drafted by New England, just get worse and worse as his career went on. Nowhere near the level of sadness that Maurice is at since Andy, despite being an idiot, was never carrying around machetes and assault rifles. Katzenmoyer was the ONLY guy I can think of who though actually got worse with the more experience he got on the field.

His freshman year in college was light outs...then it was just a downward slope from there.