My prediction: Bills will catch fire after the bye

It's my turn to make predictions for 2006.

First let me say that you cannot underestimate Marv Levy's contribution to this team. He will make many detractors eat their words in a couple of years. Just like a great football team isn't always made up of the best individual players, this coaching staff may not look impressive one-on-one. But it's obvious they work well together, and more importantly, send a clear message to their players.

So the Bills are on their way, but still have far to go. The Bills team that breaks camp won't be anywhere near where they need to be. JP will still be learning the job, the O-line will need time to gel, and our young secondary will get torched a few times.

That's why I think the first half of the season will be like an extension of training camp. The Bills will be learning some hard lessons, and will probably wind up losing 5 or 6 of their first 8 games.

But watch out after the bye...

I predict by midseason, it will all start to click. The Bills schedule after the bye is W-E-A-K!! Of course at this point no one will be paying attention to the Bills, so no one will notice when they start stringing together wins. By week 15 the pundits will be amazed when the Bills will be within striking distance of a wild card. I think 9-7 is doable. That may or may not be good enough for a playoff spot, but by the ned of the year, the Bills will look like a very strong football team.

PTR

It's my turn to make predictions for 2007.

First let me say that you cannot underestimate Marv Levy's contribution to this team.  He will make many detractors eat their words in a couple of years.  Just like a great football team isn't always made up of the best individual players, this coaching staff may not look impressive one-on-one.  But it's obvious they work well together, and more importantly, send a clear message to their players.

So the Bills are on their way, but still have far to go.  The Bills team that breaks camp won't be anywhere near where they need to be.  JP will still be learning the job, the O-line will need time to gel, and our young secondary will get torched a few times.

That's why I think the first half of the season will be like an extension of training camp.  The Bills will be learning some hard lessons, and will probably wind up losing 5 or 6 of their first 8 games.

But watch out after the bye...

I predict by midseason, it will all start to click.  The Bills schedule after the bye is W-E-A-K!! Of course at this point no one will be paying attention to the Bills, so no one will notice when they start stringing together wins.  By week 15 the pundits will be amazed when the Bills will be within striking distance of a wild card.  I think 9-7 is doable.  That may or may not be good enough for a playoff spot, but by the ned of the year, the Bills will look like a very strong football team.

PTR

744591[/snapback]

Green Bay, Indianapolis, Houston, Jacksonville, San Diego, Jets, Miami, Tennessee, and Baltimore. The only possible wins I see here are Houston and Tennessee. They will not be good enough to win on the road, or beat any playoff, or playoff caliber teams. Let's revisit this when the 2007 schedule is released, and make your predictions for the first half of that season.

Green Bay, Indianapolis, Houston, Jacksonville, San Diego, Jets, Miami, Tennessee, and Baltimore.  The only possible wins I see here are Houston and Tennessee. They will not be good enough to win on the road, or beat any playoff, or playoff caliber teams.  Let's revisit this when the 2007 schedule is released, and make your predictions for the first half of that season.

744616[/snapback]

Yeah No possible way we beat the jets or Green Bay :rolleyes:

I really think the bills will win their first game @ NE.  TKO's first game back, be scared NE.  He will be even more fired up than usual, if thats possible, and it will carry over to the whole team.

744598[/snapback]

Its also Lord Ted's first game back. :rolleyes:

I really think the bills will win their first game @ NE.  TKO's first game back, be scared NE.  He will be even more fired up than usual, if thats possible, and it will carry over to the whole team.

744598[/snapback]

:rolleyes::w00t:

Seriously?

Green Bay, Indianapolis, Houston, Jacksonville, San Diego, Jets, Miami, Tennessee, and Baltimore.  The only possible wins I see here are Houston and Tennessee. They will not be good enough to win on the road, or beat any playoff, or playoff caliber teams.  Let's revisit this when the 2007 schedule is released, and make your predictions for the first half of that season.

744616[/snapback]

While I think some of these games are almost certainly losses (Indy at home or away, Balt away) the rest are winnable because of the opponent or home cooking.

Green Bay- Please they sucked worse than the Bills last year and playing them at home on the backside of Favre's career gives the Bills real shot and makes them the facorite if ol man favre gets nicked even if we are struggling.

Houston- easily the worse team in the league last year and maybe they improved but may be not.

Jax- A likely loss for us, but a lot depends on the injury picture the week before the game such that writing this one off as a loss seems foolish for this team which failed to make the playoffs last year.

SD- Likewise a team which failed to make the playoffs last year and after their cross country trip and given they have a first year QB (his first pre-season start was good but the Raiders are 2-0 so I would cast few bets on playoff results lone which is pretty much all you have for a 1st year QB.

Jets-- Please. They just traded for Suggs to replace Martin and whoops.

Miami- The Fish are eminently beatable seeming anyplace and anytime and particularly at the end of the season.

TN- Again a team that was worse than we were last year that has not seemed to revoluntionize itself (yet).

I would not predict wins exceot for the Jets at home, but likewise I do not think one can rationally chalk up most of these games as losses unless you know something about the wonderful improvement of many of these teams we do not know.

Most of them proved they can lose to bad teams last year and even if we are a bad team no one has pointed to specific improvements these opponents have made that they cannot be beaten even by a bad team in 06.

@ Pats L

@ Miami L

Jets W

Vikings W

@ Chicago W

@ Detroit W

N. England L

BYE

Greenbay W

@ Indy L

@ Texans W

Jacksonville L

San Diego L

@Jets W

Miami W

Tenn W

@Ravens W

10-6 with a 4 game winning streak to end the season.

Edit: you could have us lose to the Bears (great D) and win agenst the Jags... but the end result is the same.

@ Pats  L

@ Miami  L

Jets  W

Vikings  W

@ Chicago  W

@ Detroit  W

N. England  L

BYE

Greenbay  W

@ Indy  L

@ Texans  W

Jacksonville  L

San Diego  L

@Jets  W

Miami  W

Tenn  W

@Ravens  W

10-6 with a 4 game winning streak to end the season.

Edit: you could have us lose to the Bears (great D) and win agenst the Jags... but the end result is the same.

744894[/snapback]

I agree - except for the 6 losses.

I would put good money on the Bills having NO chance to upset New England...in New England.  Not going to happen in Week One.

744889[/snapback]

Normally you could say that, but NE is starting to come back down to earth, and Buffalo has alot of things different from last season that will require some extra game planning from the almighty holy coach.

They have a chance to upset NE and surprise people. Doesn't mean were are automatically a better team or will make the playoffs, just that it is going to be very difficult to scout and gameplan against this team going off of only pre-season games and training camp. the videos from last year aren't going to help BB much

Normally you could say that, but NE is starting to come back down to earth, and Buffalo has alot of things different from last season that will require some extra game planning from the almighty holy coach.

They have a chance to upset NE and surprise people. Doesn't mean were are automatically a better team or will make the playoffs, just that it is going to be very difficult to scout and gameplan against this team going off of only pre-season games and training camp. the videos from last year aren't going to help BB much

745030[/snapback]

Completely agree. If we have a chance to beat them, it's the opener. They'll have virtually nothing on us. My only concern is that JP will start having flashbacks from Mularkey's excellent plan of shoving him in at the end of a deathmatch.

Completely agree. If we have a chance to beat them, it's the opener. They'll have virtually nothing on us. My only concern is that JP will start having flashbacks from Mularkey's excellent plan of shoving him in at the end of a deathmatch.

745050[/snapback]

And just think - after NE, we get to play that a$$clown Mularkey for win #2, then we got the New Jersey Jets at home - that's 3-0...

I'm tellin' ya...7-0 going into the bye week...then we catch fire!

Superbowl XLI - February 4, 2007 - see you in Miami!

I would put good money on the Bills having NO chance to upset New England...in New England.  Not going to happen in Week One.

744889[/snapback]

Why no chance?

1. The Bills almost beat NE last year in a night game in NE and even were led by current most hated Bill Kelly Holcomb after his failings this pre-seaspn are not new but represent some the same failings which almost brought a defeat of NE at home.

2. NE was bouyed by the return of Bruechi after he beat a serious ailment. It is doubtful he may even play in this game or at best this will be his first game back not after a stunning tri,ph over illness but after missing practices with a nagging injury.

3. NE has huge issue at WR quality which equal or exceed past weaknesses they overcame by shifting players around. All world kicker Vinateri and also McGinest are gone.

4. Boy genius coach contributes a lot by coming up with schemes to beat opponents weaknesses. However, what are the weaknesses of an offensive and defensive schemes which have never played a real game and have exhibited no tendencies whatsoever to combat.

They well might lose but saying they have no chance seems to be little more than wishful thinking and it is beyond me what you are wising for if you are a Bills fan.