Sam Aiken vs Eric Moulds

Anybody think Aiken could put up Moulds's type number in a year or two?

Just a question?

742856[/snapback]

It is a summertime ritual that Aiken has an outstanding camp and catches everything in the preseason. Then he disappears in the offensive plans during the regular season and makes his mark on special teams. I'm not ready to place him in the category with a guy who routinely caught 80+ passes per year for the Bills after one preseason game. Losman seemed to have confidence in him and was looking for him in the Carolina game, but Aiken was the most talented receiver on the field at that point.

He will make the team as a #5 receiver, behind Evans, Price, Parrish, and Reed. I don't see him in the Moulds ballpark.

Aiken

Position: WR

Height: 6-2

Weight: 204

Moulds

Weight: 225

Just a question?

742856[/snapback]

No!

The comparisons end there.

Aiken

Moulds

Just a question?

742856[/snapback]

The comparisons end there.

742928[/snapback]

Yeah, I think we forget just how great Eric was, and how good he still is.

But I would ask a followup question. Can Sam Aiken be better than Josh Reed? Not based on just the Carolina game obviously. I don't know enough about either, but I get frustrated with the Reed drops.

Aiken

Moulds

Just a question?

742856[/snapback]

See the weight difference? 204 vs. 225? That difference was in muscle. Moulds was a stout guy for a wideout. I don't see Aiken being able to bounce off of defenders and take the same punishment as Moulds did.

Aiken

Moulds

Just a question?

742856[/snapback]

See the weight difference? 204 vs. 225? That difference was in muscle. Moulds was a stout guy for a wideout. I don't see Aiken being able to bounce off of defenders and take the same punishment as Moulds did.

742967[/snapback]

Moulds has never been more than 210 ever in his career. Were do you guys get some of this stuff from? A 225lb 6-2 wide receiver? Okey Dokey.

Moulds has never been more than 210 ever in his career. Were do you guys get some of this stuff from? A 225lb 6-2 wide receiver? Okey Dokey.

743000[/snapback]

Sorry there John Clayton. Don't let the wind ruffle your combover there guy. Either way, Moulds body type was bigger than Aiken's is all I was saying. Okey Dokey.

Yeah, I think we forget just how great Eric was, and how good he still is.

But I would ask a followup question.  Can Sam Aiken be better than Josh Reed?  Not based on just the Carolina game obviously.  I don't know enough about either, but I get frustrated with the Reed drops.

742934[/snapback]

Someone had a telling comment......The Panthers brought in Reed for a workout

and were prepared to offfer Vet. Minimum + incentives....Then the bills paid

10M contract with a 2.5M signing bonus to bring him back, when no one

wanted him.....and the Panthers pay a extra 4M and get Keyshawn Johnson...

While I agree that KJ wouldn't jhave come to Buffalo if he was offered 16M

by the bills, it shows that we overpaid for Josh Reed...

Aiken

Moulds

Just a question?

742856[/snapback]

0:) sorry but no. I like Sam Aiken. I think he's probably our best st's player, but I highly doubt he'll ever be as productive a wide receiver as moulds.

There are several WR's who are 225# or more. Guys like Owens, Andre Johnson, and David Boston. But Moulds was never that heavy. And he's 6' tall, not 6'2". I don't know why that 6'2" keeps popping up but I've seen it in more than a few places.

There are several WR's who are 225# or more.  Guys like Owens, Andre Johnson, and David Boston.  But Moulds was never that heavy.  And he's 6' tall, not 6'2".  I don't know why that 6'2" keeps popping up but I've seen it in more than a few places.

743140[/snapback]

There are plenty of heavier WRs in the league but I would be hard pressed to name one who is only 6'2" and carrying around 225 lbs. The dude would be a meatball. The heavier receivers tend to be 6'4" plus.

EDIT: With the exception of David Boston, and we all know how well his story of bulking up turned out.

There are several WR's who are 225# or more.  Guys like Owens, Andre Johnson, and David Boston.  But Moulds was never that heavy.  And he's 6' tall, not 6'2".  I don't know why that 6'2" keeps popping up but I've seen it in more than a few places.

743140[/snapback]

The "official" NFL.com player page, perhaps? That has EM at 6-2, 225. And this year's Sporting News Pro Football Register lists him at 6-2, 210. Which means he somehow has grown two inches taller since the 1999 media guide claimed he was 6-0, 204. Curiouser and curiouser...

T.O. and Andre are both 6-3 and solidly built. But Boston, that was the 'roids. 0:)

The "official" NFL.com player page, perhaps? That has EM at 6-2, 225. And this year's Sporting News Pro Football Register lists him at 6-2, 210. Which means he somehow has grown two inches taller since the 1999 media guide claimed he was 6-0, 204. Curiouser and curiouser...

T.O. and Andre are both 6-3 and solidly built. But Boston, that was the 'roids. 0:)

743183[/snapback]

Moulds is definitely 6'0". He was coming out of college and still is. It was just hype to make him seem bigger or maybe with cleats on. Aiken is a solid 6'2".

Aiken

Moulds

Just a question?

742856[/snapback]

He'll do even better considering that Moulds is such a fatass.