You want to know what bothers me..

BoondckCL

Guys named Guy. Does anyone else back me on this matter.

740526[/snapback]

Sure do. I played football with a guy named Guy....& what a guy he was. My first hitting drill(ever) he went straight for my knees.

Needless to say he was not a popular guy on the team(though he was the only Guy).

"What a Guy." became a common phrase whenever he was around.

IMO, a guy named Guy is even less trustworthy than someone with two first names....like Peter David.....or Richard Dick(I have worked for a Richard Dick recently....what were his parents thinking?)

Sure do.  I played football with a guy named Guy....& what a guy he was.  My first hitting drill(ever) he went straight for my knees.

Needless to say he was not a popular guy on the team(though he was the only Guy).

"What a Guy." became a common phrase whenever he was around.

IMO, a guy named Guy is even less trustworthy than someone with two first names....like Peter David.....or Richard Dick(I have worked for a Richard Dick recently....what were his parents thinking?)

740531[/snapback]

Or even worse the dreaded double name. Pete Peters, Mike Michaelson, Jack Jackoff.... B-)

Worst name I've ever seen, Ronald Raymond Randlet

Or even worse the dreaded double name. Pete Peters, Mike Michaelson, Jack Jackoff.... B-)

Worst name I've ever seen, Ronald Raymond Randlet

740533[/snapback]

That leads me into the old name game...

Will E. Makeit

Look Below>>>

And his sister... Betty Wont

:D

740531[/snapback]

Friend of mine is Jeff Bruce. Teacher in high school is Marshal Marshall.

I've known several guys named "Guy" and they were all pretty nice guys.

The double first name IS a real problem. If you think about it, though, the problem is the last name. If your last name is a first name, then you're going to have two first names...unless your first name is a LAST name or initials (both bad choices, IMO).

The double name (Robert Roberts) is just plain lazy and stupid. People who name their kids like this should not be alowed to breed anymore. It seems to lead to Robert Roberts III, etc.

My niece used to date Preston Breckenridge Sloan III (I may be maiking up the "III" part, I don't remember). Bad name, to be sure, but it was a Swiss-Army name in a way. He could use the entire name to appear aristocratic "(The Aristocrats"!), Preston to appear preppy/snotty or "Breck Sloan" if he wanted to go cowboy.

Once i had to use a consultant named Richard Hertz (I kid you not). I always called him "Dick" in conversations. He never corrected me.

On an unrelated side-note, have you seen The Senator's slogan for the Bills this year?

Come see Marv's Dick!

A guy named (no schitt) Dick Seamen lived behind my friend in gradeschool.  :devil:

I hate it when people call me "guy". Like "how's it goin guy". I don't know why, it just irritates me...

741087[/snapback]

totally agree, tends to be common among the greeks