Bills 11-5 This Year!

After following this team for almost 40 years - just trying to keep things in perspective. New coaches, new schemes, and a large roster turnover.

If they do win a Super Bowl, I will be pleasently surprised!!

Pleasantly suprised, huh? It would be the best thing thats ever happened in any Bills fan's life (sportsfandom-wise, of course!)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From your lips to God's ear.  Actually, I think 11-5 would probably be a real challenge for God this year, unless He can play offensive line.

739366[/snapback]

I'm getting reports he can. But those reports say that his assets are offset by his false starts and we know how that goes.

From your lips to God's ear.  Actually, I think 11-5 would probably be a real challenge for God this year, unless He can play offensive line.

739366[/snapback]

I've always gotten the impression he wasn't a Bills fan. :lol:

I think 16-0 is a realistic possibility, provided the Holster is QB. Whatcha gonna do when the Holster runs all over you??????????? HOLCOMBMANIA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

739636[/snapback]

Wrap the aluminum foil back around your head, you're listening to the voices in your head again!

Ok, so what, it's the typical training camp optimism. Sure, maybe they don't have a lot of stars, but if they get the ground game going and this new defense stops the run, they will be good. I like the new attitude I'm reading about. Don't remind me of this post later.... :lol:  :o

739325[/snapback]

and then u woke up...

I think 8-8 is probably the best we can hope for - with some positive improvement in our offensive and defensive numbers.

739369[/snapback]

The best we can reasonably project maybe. Higher than Vegas should go on the over/under for wins, sure. A cautious prudent not-wanting-to-be-disappointed, fine. But the best we can hope for? This is the NFL. Stuff turns around so quickly, and things rarely go according to plans. We could have easily been 8-8 last year with Mularky, Mike Williams, and Shelton.

We are better at QB, better at RB (game calling and blocking), better at TE, better OL, better WR (sorry Eric, I really liked you), better at DL, better at LB, better secondary, and better coaching. All this from a team that wouldn't have caused an uproar if they went 8-8 last year. I know our punter is a year older and coming off a career year that could probably mean a little drop off.

I think expecting the team to go 7-9 or 8-8 is pretty reasonable and don't fault anybody for predicting it. I think that if things don't go well 6-10 could happen, and I think that if things go very well 9-7 could happen, with 10-6 about as unlikely as 5-11, but both possible. So saying you expect 8-8 is fine, but saying that 8-8 is probably "the best we can hope for" just seems a little off to me. I'm hoping for 1-0 so we can try to get to 2-0. And I'm hoping for a winning season, and while optimisitic, I don't think I'm crazy to do so.

Records the season after a 5-11 season since 2000:

05 TAM *11-5*

05 CHI *11-5*

05 OAK 4-12

05 TEN 4-12

04 CLE 4-12

04 JAC 9-7

04 HOU 7-9

04 DET 6-10

04 ATL *11-5*

03 DAL 10-6

03 ARI 4-12

02 SDG 8-8

02 DAL 5-11

02 MIN 6-10

01 NE *11-5*

01 DAL 5-11

01 CHI *13-3*

00 PHI *11-5*

00 ATL 4-12

19 teams, 7 made it to 10 or more wins the following year (37%). Of course 7 also won five or fewer games (and only 5 times 6-9 wins).

So many things went wrong last year, that if the ball gets rolling this year, things could be brighter than some people think.

Ok, so what, it's the typical training camp optimism. Sure, maybe they don't have a lot of stars, but if they get the ground game going and this new defense stops the run, they will be good. I like the new attitude I'm reading about. Don't remind me of this post later.... :lol:  :o

739325[/snapback]

And if a check for $1,000 arrives in my mail every day for ten years I'll be rich.

If, if, if...

Any reason to believe that our DL can stop the run? What, the coaches tell you it can, is that it?

With a lot of "IFs" falling into place, why not a 7-1 home record and 4-4 on the road? I think the Bills can certainly win 4 of 5 games in Miami, New York, Houston, Detroit, and Tennessee. At home, anything can happen.

We may as well dream big. What's the fun in predicting 6-10?

and then u woke up...

739686[/snapback]

Haven't woke up yet, like I said it's still training camp. Run and stop the run. Who knows, maybe the Bills will excell in those two areas. If that's the case it will be a good season. The QB position is what, IMO, makes my prediction look like it borders on moronic. You can't win a lot of games with good play from that position and I don't think they will get it even with a good running game. Hope I'm wrong of course

We are better at QB, better at RB (game calling and blocking), better at TE, better OL, better WR (sorry Eric, I really liked you), better at DL, better at LB, better secondary, and better coaching.

739691[/snapback]

I don't think you've been paying attention because logic has no place for discussion amongst either Bills fans or the media reporting on the Bills.

Here's the truth: We have the absolute worst talent in the league, bar none. Holcomb can't throw long, Losman can't throw short, our coaches are overdue making a decision for the starter, our OL is porous, McGahee is selfish, Jauron got lucky in Chicago once, the only thing we've done in the offseason is sign...get this...Peerless freakin' Price, we reached for a #8 pick who we apparently could have picked up as an undrafted free agent (and couldn't even dial a working number for him while he was talking on the phone with half of our team) and then gave him way too much money.

To make matters worse, our GM has no GM experience and, in fact, recently had a bullet removed from his calf muscle that has been lodged there since he fought in the War of Northern Agression, and our owner, who hasn't been around the practicies at all and apparently was next to our GM when he was shot, is too senile to understand the CBA agreement, let alone know how to open a press conference with a good joke.

So take that sensible, understandable logic someplace where the fans and media will at least give it a chance of being accepted. :rolleyes:

I don't think you've been paying attention because logic has no place for discussion amongst either Bills fans or the media reporting on the Bills.

Here's the truth: We have the absolute worst talent in the league, bar none. Holcomb can't throw long, Losman can't throw short, our coaches are overdue making a decision for the starter, our OL is porous, McGahee is selfish,  Jauron got lucky in Chicago once, the only thing we've done in the offseason is sign...get this...Peerless freakin' Price, we reached for a #8 pick who we apparently could have picked up as an undrafted free agent (and couldn't even dial a working number for him while he was talking on the phone with half of our team) and then gave him way too much money.

To make matters worse, our GM has no GM experience and, in fact, recently had a bullet removed from his calf muscle that has been lodged there since he fought in the War of Northern Agression, and our owner, who hasn't been around the practicies at all and apparently was next to our GM when he was shot, is too senile to understand the CBA agreement, let alone know how to open a press conference with a good joke.

So take that sensible, understandable logic someplace where the fans and media will at least give it a chance of being accepted. :rolleyes:

739814[/snapback]

So 11-5 out of the question then? How about 10-6? War of Northern Aggression? Dude, the South started that war and the North finished it!

Here's the truth: We have the absolute worst talent in the league, bar none. Holcomb can't throw long, Losman can't throw short, our coaches are overdue making a decision for the starter, our OL is porous, McGahee is selfish,  Jauron got lucky in Chicago once, the only thing we've done in the offseason is sign...get this...Peerless freakin' Price, we reached for a #8 pick who we apparently could have picked up as an undrafted free agent (and couldn't even dial a working number for him while he was talking on the phone with half of our team) and then gave him way too much money.

739814[/snapback]

Good post LA, but you forgot to call yourself a "realist" and tell everyone else they are drinking the kool-aid or have rose colored glasses on.

Good post LA, but you forgot to call yourself a "realist" and tell everyone else they are drinking the kool-aid or have rose colored glasses on.

739878[/snapback]

The reality is, this is the time of year when fans like me get optimistic if for no other reason than because we've waited so long for the games to start.

Unfortunately, there are those who simply are tired of the heartache and have decided they will expect nothing good to happen so they can avoid any further disappointments.

The problems start when these two groups start discussing the upcoming season. The pessimists don't want to hear anything that will take them out of their negative funk [and in many cases just want us to fail so they can say they were right, as if predicting failure is such a tough thing to do (i.e. see Ice and Roscoe)] and the optimistics don't want the pessimists pissing on their parade (i.e. see guys like me) because we've waited so long for the season to start that we at least want to get out of the gates before we lose all hope.

Being a fan of a specific team makes us myopic, so we're convinced no other fans feel the way we do. In some cases that's true because our team carries the public stigma of four SB losses, OJ, Home Run Throw Back, etc., and they overshadow the forgotten stigmas of going to four straight SBs, The Comeback, 51-3, etc. We have to live with that, and when other fans remind us of the negative stigmas, we have to blame someone, and since blaming ourselves for allowing us to cheer for this team isn't going to happen, we get pissed at our team for doing this to us.

It's part of being a fan, I guess, but it does get very tiresome this time of year.

The reality is, this is the time of year when fans like me get optimistic if for no other reason than because we've waited so long for the games to start.

Unfortunately, there are those who simply are tired of the heartache and have decided they will expect nothing good to happen so they can avoid any further disappointments.

The problems start when these two groups start discussing the upcoming season. The pessimists don't want to hear anything that will take them out of their negative funk [and in many cases just want us to fail so they can say they were right, as if predicting failure is such a tough thing to do (i.e. see Ice and Roscoe)] and the optimistics don't want the pessimists pissing on their parade (i.e. see guys like me) because we've waited so long for the season to start that we at least want to get out of the gates before we lose all hope.

Being a fan of a specific team makes us myopic, so we're convinced no other fans feel the way we do. In some cases that's true because our team carries the public stigma of four SB losses, OJ, Home Run Throw Back, etc., and they overshadow the forgotten stigmas of going to four straight SBs, The Comeback, 51-3, etc. We have to live with that, and when other fans remind us of the negative stigmas, we have to blame someone, and since blaming ourselves for allowing us to cheer for this team isn't going to happen, we get pissed at our team for doing this to us.

It's part of being a fan, I guess, but it does get very tiresome this time of year.

739902[/snapback]

Who are you, and what have you done with LA?