Bills 11-5 This Year!

How is a team with, by your announced estimate, the least amount of talent in the league, even close to winning six games? Seriously.

I swear Ice, I don't know how you managed to slip both personalities by security, but it's hard to ignore the obvious flip-flopping that made Ice a maniac.

740336[/snapback]

We're just destined to overachieve. B-)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------

---------------

jets blow.  that is tow wins right there.  GB sucks.  Lions suck.  at home, with the context of the season in mind, and their talent at issue, we can win 5.  FIVE wins is nothing to get excited about.  read my breakdowns.  makes sense.  don't try to light a fire where there is no smoke haus.

740341[/snapback]

I'm confused, Ice. Is it six or five?

I'm confused, Ice. Is it six or five?

740350[/snapback]

-----------------

----------------

5 right? jets twice, GB , lions and titans. i think in math that = 5. are you using another type of mathematics? i dont see any of those teams beating us. 5 wins is nothing to get excited about. in light of OUR TALENT (HAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaaa) B-)

-----------------

----------------

5 right?  jets twice, GB , lions and titans.  i think in math that = 5.  are you using another type of mathematics?  5 wins is nothing to get excited about.

740358[/snapback]

LEts break this down:6-10.

740325[/snapback]

B-):D:P

better yet:

A reasonable person would say the the worst teams in the NFL are:

San Fran; Buffalo; Houston; Titans; Cleveland; Raiders; New Orleans; & Detroit

When we diagnose the above teams, we can see that they have loads more of talent than us

738660[/snapback]

We are worse that tenn, hou and det, but are going to beat them? wtf?

B-)  :D  :P

better yet:

We are worse that tenn, hou and det, but are going to beat them? wtf?

740360[/snapback]

-----------------------

----------------------------

we may have less or more talent, but does that translate to wins? think context. if the titans bring in a rookie in vince young -- can he beat us if we are jelling midseason? does JP take 5, 6,7 games to find his game? i think the chances for 5 wins is reasonable, regardless of talent. I mean, a good team will go through a moment of 3 or 4 games where they paly poorly. maybe we catch them on the wave. weather? maybe a injury takes place. my talent evaluation is only part of the equation.

anyway you look at it, i say 5 wins. how many you got for this club?

If JP starts 16 times and things go well we can win 9 games. Key injuries and things don't go well and we could get stuck at 5-6. Getting to 10+ would mean everything going right, but that happens in the NFL (37% of 5-11 teams since 1999 won at least 10).

I think talent wise this is a 7-8 win team, but the best thing about the NFL is that talent and roster is only part of the equation, and luck, momentum, injuries, and go a long way.

But I don't get people who are big enough fans to be reading and writing about a team on a message board in early August not showing any optimism. I know that both the early 90s and the early 00s have are a heavy burden for Bills fan, but one big season can get rid of a lot of demons...just ask the Red Sox and White Sox (or Broncos or Patriots or other never-wins who won). I don't think that the big season is going to be this year, but I'm excited about watching it unfold and being a stepping stone to that Super Bowl victory.

You  should watch the games in California. Nothing will twist your mind around like arriving at a bar at 8:30 a.m. for a game that starts at 10 a.m. and a second pitcher of beer being poured at 10:05 a.m. Thank god for The Ticket. I much prefer drinking my second pitcher at home.

739960[/snapback]

Sounds a lot like a trip to Vegas...except I'm not at the bar at 8:30, I'm at a blackjack table at 4:30.

Usually takes about a week to flush the alcohol out of my system after one of those trips.

The Ticket is the best thing to ever happen to displaced football fans. I swear, they could charge double what they do and I'd still probably fork it over.