Bills 11-5 This Year!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reality is, this is the time of year when fans like me get optimistic if for no other reason than because we've waited so long for the games to start.

Unfortunately, there are those who simply are tired of the heartache and have decided they will expect nothing good to happen so they can avoid any further disappointments.

The problems start when these two groups start discussing the upcoming season. The pessimists don't want to hear anything that will take them out of their negative funk [and in many cases just want us to fail so they can say they were right, as if predicting failure is such a tough thing to do (i.e. see Ice and Roscoe)] and the optimistics don't want the pessimists pissing on their parade (i.e. see guys like me) because we've waited so long for the season to start that we at least want to get out of the gates before we lose all hope.

Being a fan of a specific team makes us myopic, so we're convinced no other fans feel the way we do. In some cases that's true because our team carries the public stigma of four SB losses, OJ, Home Run Throw Back, etc., and they overshadow the forgotten stigmas of going to four straight SBs, The Comeback, 51-3, etc. We have to live with that, and when other fans remind us of the negative stigmas, we have to blame someone, and since blaming ourselves for allowing us to cheer for this team isn't going to happen, we get pissed at our team for doing this to us.

It's part of being a fan, I guess, but it does get very tiresome this time of year.

739902[/snapback]

I completely agree. I am so pumped for the start of football season and watchign the Bills. Being optimistic abotu the season is so much more fun that saying "we suck we have no talent". I dont see why these jackasses even want to watch the games? Hell, no matter how bad we are playing, theres still no feeling like arriving at the bar on sunday morning, grabbing a seat, and waiting for the start of the Bills games. Sure they frustrate the hell out of me a lot fo times, but its fun to watch and root for them.

Maybe i am just a sucker, but i cant help being optimistic about the start of the season. Its a new year, and anything can happen. I see no reason to be all piss and vinegar about it. I guess some people are happier when they can complain and B word. And you are right. there are a lot fo posters here who love it when the bills lose, just so they can say they were right.

And liek you said, its much easier to predict failure than it is success. But i dont watch baseball saying "this guy has a 70% chance of not getting a hit, so what are you rooting for?", so why do the same for football? are their lives really that pathetic?

Amen, amen, amen!

Keep hope alive!

:rolleyes:

Go Bills!

I completely agree. I am so pumped for the start of football season and watchign the Bills. Being optimistic abotu the season is so much more fun that saying "we suck we have no talent". I dont see why these jackasses even want to watch the games? Hell, no matter how bad we are playing, theres still no feeling like arriving at the bar on sunday morning, grabbing a seat, and waiting for the start of the Bills games. Sure they frustrate the hell out of me a lot fo times, but its fun to watch and root for them.

Maybe i am just a sucker, but i cant help being optimistic about the start of the season. Its a new year, and anything can happen. I see no reason to be all piss and vinegar about it. I guess some people are happier when they can complain and B word. And you are right. there are a lot fo posters here who love it when the bills lose, just so they can say they were right.

And liek you said, its much easier to predict failure than it is success. But i dont watch baseball saying "this guy has a 70% chance of not getting a hit, so what are you rooting for?", so why do the same for football? are their lives really that pathetic?

739922[/snapback]

Hell, no matter how bad we are playing, theres still no feeling like arriving at the bar on sunday morning, grabbing a seat, and waiting for the start of the Bills games. 

739922[/snapback]

So, how early do you get there on sunday morning? Something about that sentence just doesn't seem right :rolleyes:

So, how early do you get there on sunday morning? Something about that sentence just doesn't seem right  :rolleyes:

739928[/snapback]

well, i arrive there usually about 12:15. But seeing how i roll out of bed at roughly 11:45 on sunday mornings, its still morning to me.

11:45am - get up

11:47am - put on deodorant

11:48am - put on bills jersey and pants

11:51am - grab something from kitchen

11:55am - set fantasy football lineup

11:59am - put shoes on

12:00pm - head for bar

well, i arrive there usually about 12:15. But seeing how i roll out of bed at roughly 11:45 on sunday mornings, its still morning to me.

11:45am - get up

11:47am - put on deodorant

11:48am - put on bills jersey and pants

11:51am - grab something from kitchen

11:55am - set fantasy football lineup

11:59am - put shoes on

12:00pm - head for bar

739946[/snapback]

You should watch the games in California. Nothing will twist your mind around like arriving at a bar at 8:30 a.m. for a game that starts at 10 a.m. and a second pitcher of beer being poured at 10:05 a.m. Thank god for The Ticket. I much prefer drinking my second pitcher at home.

You  should watch the games in California. Nothing will twist your mind around like arriving at a bar at 8:30 a.m. for a game that starts at 10 a.m. and a second pitcher of beer being poured at 10:05 a.m. Thank god for The Ticket. I much prefer drinking my second pitcher at home.

739960[/snapback]

Been out there a few times visiting some friends in SD. Nothing like sitting down to watch the national championship game (FSU-VT a while back) while you are eating dinner. The game ended, and we went OUT, not to bed.

What really messed with my head was watching a game when it was light out, but it was dark at the game on TV. I see no problem with the reverse scenario, but watching a night game while it was light out was messing with me.

Been out there a few times visiting some friends in SD. Nothing like sitting down to watch the national championship game (FSU-VT a while back) while you are eating dinner. The game ended, and we went OUT, not to bed.

What really messed with my head was watching a game when it was light out, but it was dark at the game on TV. I see no problem with the reverse scenario, but watching a night game while it was light out was messing with me.

739962[/snapback]

The bar I used to go to in Burbank with the Bills Backers of LA would shut all the windows and blinds to keep the ambient light from screwing with the projector and TVs, and being from the East Coast, once the game started it took absolutely no time for my body to be convinced it was the afternoon. I'd be completely lit by noon, and the rest of my day was shot.

You  should watch the games in California. Nothing will twist your mind around like arriving at a bar at 8:30 a.m. for a game that starts at 10 a.m. and a second pitcher of beer being poured at 10:05 a.m. Thank god for The Ticket. I much prefer drinking my second pitcher at home.

Good thing Cali has no blue laws!!

The bar I used to go to in Burbank with the Bills Backers of LA would shut all the windows and blinds to keep the ambient light from screwing with the projector and TVs, and being from the East Coast, once the game started it took absolutely no time for my body to be convinced it was the afternoon. I'd be completely lit by noon, and the rest of my day was shot

Then you keep drinking and call it a wasted (or shot of Crown if you prefer) Sunday, literally!!

i posted a few weeks ago that we would go 10-6. I stand by the POSSIBILTY of that.

No Line? No depth? No QB? Division too tough?

sounds like the Bears of 05 to me. No way anyone thought that team wasn't f***ed before the season started. Remember they had to start the season with Grossman out and a very green Kyle Horton leading the O.....dare I say they were "DOOOOOOOMED"

but of coarse I'm prepared to go through another sub .500 season. the Odds are we will suck. But as Lloyd Christmas once said to Mary Swanson: "Sooo, you're telling me there's a chance..."

i posted a few weeks ago that we would go 10-6. I stand by the POSSIBILTY of that.

No Line? No depth? No QB? Division too tough?

sounds like the Bears of 05 to me. No way anyone thought that team wasn't f***ed before the season started. Remember they had to start the season with Grossman out and a very green Kyle Horton leading the O.....dare I say they were "DOOOOOOOMED"

but of coarse I'm prepared to go through another sub .500 season. the Odds are we will suck. But as Lloyd Christmas once said to Mary Swanson: "Sooo, you're telling me there's a chance..."

740134[/snapback]

The difference, however, is the Bears have TALENT. They had FOUR guys in the Pro Bowl.

The difference, however, is the Bears have TALENT.  They had FOUR guys in the Pro Bowl.

740140[/snapback]

ummmm, prior to last season they had ONE guy make the Pro Bowl. Hell the Bills had more players last year!

and CHI had 6 (counting reserves) last year.

739960[/snapback]

Try getting up at 2:30am Monday mornings to listen to the game live. I said listen because the Bills are never friggen good enough to get a nationally televized game therefore are never shown on cable over here.

Try getting up at 2:30am Monday mornings to listen to the game live.  I said listen because the Bills are never friggen good enough to get a nationally televized game therefore are never shown on cable over here.

740310[/snapback]

That reminds me of listening to Super Bowl XXVIII while living in Germany... waiting for it to start at midnight, listening to it faintly on AFN.... Thurman fumbled at ca. 2 a.m..... I was up all by myself listening.... the emptiest feeling in the world....

God, I love being a Bills fan... So help me I do!

ummmm, prior to last season they had ONE guy make the Pro Bowl. Hell the Bills had more players last year!

and CHI had 6 (counting reserves) last year.

740161[/snapback]

And how many more of our players DESERVED pro-bowl spots? Apparently 12 sacks, or leading the league in tackles for the last 5 years, or having the highest KR average is nothing to write home about..... :D

B-) I love smilies

------------------

-------------------

11-5? Love to see it, but that is a lot of wins. LEts break this down:

at New England Patriots -- that will be hard to win. they are healthy. 0-1

Miami Dolphins -- that will be hard to win. ronnie brown and culpepper make them a threat to win the east. - 0-2

NEW YORK JETS --- they have no running game or passing game. their D will be okay. 1-2

MINNESOTA VIKINGS --- they are going to have a dynamic running game. Chester tayor will have a great day. their Def. front and retooled backfield makes them the central champ over Chicago. 1-3

Chicago Bears -------- they got great balance and Smith is an excellent coach. they will bruttalize us. 1-4

Detroit Lions -------- our stong nickle and dime packages cover Marxs passing game with Kitna. JOnes is a force. Close game, their D is suspect. 2-4

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -------------- if they are healthy, i dont see a win here. they are jsut to strong across the board. JP's head will be spinning. Belechek will run it down our soft def. front's throat. Tim anderson and tripplet along with the lightweights shoebel/ denny and kelsey will be plowed into by dillon and their TEs. 2-5

BYE WEEK

GREEN BAY PACKERS ---------------- GB is hurting. at home we win with a field goal. favre is washed up. 3-5

at Indianapolis Colts* ------------ they will spray the ball around. we lose by 20.

3-6

at Houston Texans* ---------------- we shut down dom davis and carr. moulds is a no show. their Def. is soft. 4-6

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS* -------------- their def. will pulverize JP. and their balanced off. attack will win it for them in the 4th quarter. 4-7

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS* ---------------- LT, 200 total yards in this game, as he revenges Mcgahee's rude comments. 4-8

at New York Jets* ------------------- we win, they stink. 5-8

MIAMI DOLPHINS* ------------- to many weapons on offense for us. saban will have them playing for the title. 5-9

TENNESSEE TITANS ------- fisher is a great coach. but he has little talent here. vince young will be starting and we will be peaking. 6-9

at Baltimore Ravens* ------------ they might be in a playoff run. if at home we may have a chance. but their D play nasty at home. they have some great player who we can't solve. 6-10.

------------------

-------------------

11-5?  Love to see it, but that is a lot of wins.  LEts break this down: 6-10.

740325[/snapback]

How is a team with, by your announced estimate, the least amount of talent in the league, even close to winning six games? Seriously.

I swear Ice, I don't know how you managed to slip both personalities by security, but it's hard to ignore the obvious flip-flopping that made Ice a maniac.

How is a team with, by your announced estimate, the least amount of talent in the league, even close to winning six games? Seriously.

I swear Ice, I don't know how you managed to slip both personalities by security, but it's hard to ignore the obvious flip-flopping that made Ice a maniac.

740336[/snapback]

----------

---------------

jets blow. that is tow wins right there. GB sucks. Lions suck. at home, with the context of the season in mind, and their talent at issue, we can win 5. FIVE wins is nothing to get excited about. read my breakdowns. makes sense. don't try to light a fire where there is no smoke haus.