Nall will be the starter by the home opener

From what I've read, so far, Holcomb & Losman are not doing anything to inspire confidence in camp. The way I see it, it doesn't matter who plays better, because better of two losers isn't really better than nothing. Due to his injury, I doubt Nall will be able to win the starter's job by opening day. On the other hand, if the opening day starter is truly (as I believe it is) the lesser of two evils, the guy who doesn't start is basically considered as not NFL starting material.

I see the 1st two games as the starting QB getting exposed. Heading into the home opener, the staff, seeing the team is headed nowhere with the "winner" of Losman/Holcomb as the starter, and the loser deemed not capable of starting, turn to Nall, who is healthy and has finally caught from the lost camp time.

In the best case scenario, Nall will lead the team to victory, start a winning streak and be the QB for the future. Worst case scenario is Nall sucks too. Losman/Holcomb "loser" is given a shot after Nall bombs and if it's JP and he fails, the Bills draft a QB in 2007 with their top pick.

From what I've read it sounded like Nall was the worst of the lot before he got hurt. Howe exactly is he suddenly going to be the best of the bunch by the home opener when he hasn't been getting the starter's reps?

From what I've read, so far, Holcomb & Losman are not doing anything to inspire confidence in camp.

keep it real... the trooth is this... none of the QBs (that would include Nall and the other two) have distinguidhed themself thus far. So, but what evidence, by which anyone can endorse Nall on, I have no clue... only to percieve that you have been fantasizing, not looking at reality. Here's a dose of reality... Dick Jauron and Marv Levy are "win now" guys. Their stance is, what mix of guys give you the best chance to win "TODAY".... NOW.... in the PRESENT. Anyone that percieves that it is not Kelly Holcomb, is disregarding all of the evidence and trooth. True, Holcomb has a girly arm and may only bring a team to a certain level, But with Holcomb, you know what you're going to get. You can't say that about the other QBs. Another thing to consider is Steve Fairchild's offense... downfield passing game that everyone thinks is going to happen. Well, I don't know what the offense will be no more than anyone else... but the kind of QB that the Rams had (with and without Fairchild) was accomplished with rag arm QBs... Warner and Bulger do not have canons for arms. However, they are quick minded and dart throwers and loved to dump off to Marshall Faulk. That type of offense seems to me to be more suitable to Kelly Holcomb than to JP... Nall, I have no idea.... and neither do you.

keep it real... the trooth is this... none of the QBs (that would include Nall and the other two) have distinguidhed themself thus far.  So, but what evidence, by which anyone can endorse Nall on, I have no clue... only to percieve that you have been fantasizing, not looking at reality.  Here's a dose of reality... Dick Jauron and Marv Levy are "win now" guys.  Their stance is, what mix of guys give you the best chance to win "TODAY".... NOW.... in the PRESENT.  Anyone that percieves that it is not Kelly Holcomb, is disregarding all of the evidence and trooth.  True, Holcomb has a girly arm and may only bring a team to a certain level, But with Holcomb, you know what you're going to get.  You can't say that about the other QBs.  Another thing to consider is Steve Fairchild's offense... downfield passing game that everyone thinks is going to happen.  Well, I don't know what the offense will be no more than anyone else... but the kind of QB that the Rams had (with and without Fairchild) was accomplished with rag arm QBs... Warner and Bulger do not have canons for arms.  However, they are quick minded and dart throwers and loved to dump off to Marshall Faulk.  That type of offense seems to me to be more suitable to Kelly Holcomb than to JP... Nall, I have no idea.... and neither do you.

736063[/snapback]

What you have said is basically my point. The way things are going, JP has been too erratic to be considered starting material. After about 2 weeks of Holcomb, I think Dick & Marv will feel 1) We can't win now with Holcomb 2) We'll never win with JP. 3) Let's give the ball to the one QB that we (Dick & Marv) brought in & see if it's even possible to win now. If not, "win now" is not possible, suck it up, we won't get fired going 2-14 and rebuild within a year or 2.

Just because you want to win now, doesn't make it possible if you don't have a NFL caliber starting QB. I have no idea on Nall, but Dick & Marv thought enough of him to give him a chance to compete for the starter's job. I think at some point they'll turn to him as the starter, my guess, and it is a guess, is that time will be after the first 2 games with the record 0-2.

Well, it's week one of training camp and already we're looking for a saviour.  It's going to take longer than an 8 second ride to win this season's retard rodeo.

736061[/snapback]

Agreed as the major problem for many TSW posters is that they seem to have bought into the QB Club hype and really look to the QB to be some type of saviour and judge that it our QB does not walk on water like an Elway or a Favre we are doomed.

It certainly is great to have an Elway or a Favre on the field, but the occurence of these HOF players happening is so rare that if winning the dice game to get one of these players in not just wonderful but in fact essential then we probably are doomed.

Most SB appearing teams do have a stud QB (though most teams simply do not have an Aikman, Montana or a Jim Kelly), and the fact is that even many SB winning teams have QBs such as Brad Johnson, Hasselbeck and even the oft-mentioned Dilfer who have been total failures elsewhere.

The Bills are setting things up with:

1. the scheme we are likely gonna use (a St. L type O but who can say for sure til it runs even one play on the field in regular season),

2. are working to develop underused skills in players (WM getting some downfield passes in practice so far), and

3. acquired players who limited skillsets includes particiular types of skills (the WRs may not have even a true #2 quality player but there will be big time WR speed on this team).

If the Bills O plans work out the way that Jauron and fairchild are setting them up under Levy then we will get by with a QB who is not a savior but one who is merely adequate.

The ability to throw deep bombs well consistently is not what the run after catch St. L O is all about. Even if a player like KH honestly has a rag arm, if he can haul out the ability to throw the deep strike a couple of times a game and even throw it in the right situation so a speedy reciever runs under it rather than him threading it through a crowd then this will work.

Doing good reads will be key and upon some consideration from this banter, I am beginning to think that KH may have a leg up as he has the experience to do good reads. If the game has not slowed down yet for JP, KH could win the job even though he is a merely adequate QB with episodes of great production at best. We will se.

We have two road games to start and the Bills and many teams do panic when they lose and they could grasp at the Nall straw looking for a savior. However, it is more likely the same experience that the Bills team had in 2004 when after a 1-4 start folks were arguing to throw Bledsoe under the bus, but MM beleived in his system and stayed the course. the Bills ultimately proved not to be good enough and lost to Pitts but a great QB is wonderful, but great QBs simply do not occur for NFL teams with regularity (and in fact as Indy has shown simply having the best QB does not guarantee you even a berth in the SB).

The kwy here is not to find a savior at QB (I know KH is not one, really doubt JP will be one this year (if ever) and really doubt that the Pack drafted Rodgers and let Nall go because it is a good bet he is a savior.

The more important and realistic question is not which QB is great, but instead how do you see the Bills doing better and even winning without a QB who is so great he walks on water.

From what I've read, so far, Holcomb & Losman are not doing anything to inspire confidence in camp.  The way I see it, it doesn't matter who plays better, because better of two losers isn't really better than nothing.  Due to his injury, I doubt Nall will be able to win the starter's job by opening day.  On the other hand, if the opening day starter is truly (as I believe it is) the lesser of two evils, the guy who doesn't start is basically considered as not NFL starting material. 

I see the 1st two games as the starting QB getting exposed.  Heading into the home opener, the staff, seeing the team is headed nowhere with the "winner" of Losman/Holcomb as the starter, and the loser deemed not capable of starting, turn to Nall, who is healthy and has finally caught from the lost camp time. 

In the best case scenario, Nall will lead the team to victory, start a winning streak and be the QB for the future.  Worst case scenario is Nall sucks too.  Losman/Holcomb "loser" is given a shot after Nall bombs and if it's JP and he fails, the Bills draft a QB in 2007 with their top pick.

You really think that a guy who looked horrible until the day he got hurt, and who looks like will end up missing 2 pre-season game, will be the starter? No friggin' way.

I sincerely doubt it. Seriously, name the last coach who benched their quarterback in the second game of the season. Oh yeah, Mike Mularkey. This isn't the starter coming back. This is a guy who hasn't played much before, hasn't played in this offense before, hasn't played with these players before, coming off a nagging injury and not necessarily shining before he was hurt. Jauron has said he's going to name a guy and stick with him. I sincerely doubt Losman, er, the starter, will be benched after two games, especially on the road against the Pats and Fins.

Let's make Brian Morman the starting QB, Rian Lindel the back-up, and Mike Schneck the 3rd string.

At least we can save 3 roster spots. :lol:

I have as much confidence in them as I do any other QB we have right now.

I sure someone steps up soon!!!!!

Agreed as the major problem for many TSW posters is that they seem to have bought into the QB Club hype and really look to the QB to be some type of saviour and judge that it our QB does not walk on water like an Elway or a Favre we are doomed.

It certainly is great to have an Elway or a Favre on the field, but the occurence of these HOF players happening is so rare that if winning the dice game to get one of these players in not just wonderful but in fact essential then we probably are doomed.

Most SB appearing teams do have a stud QB (though most teams simply do not have an Aikman, Montana or a Jim Kelly), and the fact is that even many SB winning teams have QBs such as Brad Johnson, Hasselbeck and even the oft-mentioned Dilfer who have been total failures elsewhere.

The Bills are setting things up with:

1.  the scheme we are likely gonna use (a St. L type O but who can say for sure til it runs even one play on the field in regular season),

2. are working to develop underused skills in players (WM getting some downfield passes in practice so far), and

3. acquired players who limited skillsets includes particiular types of skills (the WRs may not have even a true #2 quality player but there will be big time WR speed on this team).

If the Bills O plans work out the way that Jauron and fairchild are setting them up under Levy then we will get by with a QB who is not a savior but one who is merely adequate.

The ability to throw deep bombs well consistently is not what the run after catch St. L O is all about. Even if a player like KH honestly has a rag arm, if he can haul out the ability to throw the deep strike a couple of times a game and even throw it in the right situation so a speedy reciever runs under it rather than him threading it through a crowd then this will work.

Doing good reads will be key and upon some consideration from this banter, I am beginning to think that KH may have a leg up as he has the experience to do good reads.  If the game has not slowed down yet for JP, KH could win the job even though he is a merely adequate QB with episodes of great production at best. We will se.

We have two road games to start and the Bills and many teams do panic when they lose and they could grasp at the Nall straw looking for a savior.  However, it is more likely the same experience that the Bills team had in 2004 when after a 1-4 start folks were arguing to throw Bledsoe under the bus, but MM beleived in his system and stayed the course.  the Bills ultimately proved not to be good enough and lost to Pitts but a great QB is wonderful, but great QBs simply do not occur for NFL teams with regularity (and in fact as Indy has shown simply having the best QB does not guarantee you even a berth in the SB).

The kwy here is not to find a savior at QB (I know KH is not one, really doubt JP will be one this year (if ever) and really doubt that the Pack drafted Rodgers and let Nall go because it is a good bet he is a savior.

The more important and realistic question is not which QB is great, but instead how do you see the Bills doing better and even winning without a QB who is so great he walks on water.

736093[/snapback]

:D Oh no! Not another loquacious epistle again from Pyrite Gal :lol:

What you have said is basically my point.  The way things are going, JP has been too erratic to be considered starting material.  After about 2 weeks of Holcomb, I think Dick & Marv will feel 1) We can't win now with Holcomb 2) We'll never win with JP. 3) Let's give the ball to the one QB that we (Dick & Marv) brought in & see if it's even possible to win now.  If not, "win now" is not possible, suck it up, we won't get fired going 2-14 and rebuild within a year or 2.

Just because you want to win now, doesn't make it possible if you don't have a NFL caliber starting QB.  I have no idea on Nall, but Dick & Marv thought enough of him to give him a chance to compete for the starter's job.  I think at some point they'll turn to him as the starter, my guess, and it is a guess, is that time will be after the first 2 games with the record 0-2.

736086[/snapback]

So what your saying is when we lose the first to games, (which by the way well will be underdogs in regardless of who the QB is...JP,Nail,KH)....they will then put in Nails to win the next to games, (which by the way we will be favored to win regardless of who the QB is....Jp,Nail,KH). I seem to remember this same movie being played out last year....did not work too well then either. Regardless of who our QB is, it is going to be very difficult to win these first two games. I hope the coach does not simple put the lost on the starting qb, (assuming we lose), and put another QB in just to play the sorry Jets in a game we would most likely win with me starting a QB. I do not want to see a merry-go-round a QB like I saw last year. And thus far, Nails has not done anything to make me think that the true saviour at that position just happnes to be hurt right now

Let's make Brian Morman the starting QB, Rian Lindel the back-up, and Mike Schneck the 3rd string.

At least we can save 3 roster spots. :lol:

I have as much confidence in them as I do any other QB we have right now.

I sure someone steps up soon!!!!!

736099[/snapback]

And then we can say we also have a Pro Bowl QB!

Just imagine the confusion of 4th downs now, Mike Mularky would be salavating of the trick plays he could call. Will it be a real punt? a deep pass? QB sneak (wasn't Morman a track and Field guy in college?)? No one would know

From what I've read, so far, Holcomb & Losman are not doing anything to inspire confidence in camp.  The way I see it, it doesn't matter who plays better, because better of two losers isn't really better than nothing.  Due to his injury, I doubt Nall will be able to win the starter's job by opening day.  On the other hand, if the opening day starter is truly (as I believe it is) the lesser of two evils, the guy who doesn't start is basically considered as not NFL starting material. 

I see the 1st two games as the starting QB getting exposed.  Heading into the home opener, the staff, seeing the team is headed nowhere with the "winner" of Losman/Holcomb as the starter, and the loser deemed not capable of starting, turn to Nall, who is healthy and has finally caught from the lost camp time. 

In the best case scenario, Nall will lead the team to victory, start a winning streak and be the QB for the future.  Worst case scenario is Nall sucks too.  Losman/Holcomb "loser" is given a shot after Nall bombs and if it's JP and he fails, the Bills draft a QB in 2007 with their top pick.

736040[/snapback]

As I have said before, this board is filled with funny stuff. Nall is #3 unlees one for the other two gets hurt or traded. JP will be the starter. Bank on it. Bet the ranch and you neighbor's ranch too.