what a mess!!!

from Buff News Article

Vincent also thinks the Bills will benefit from better team chemistry. Key veterans such as Eric Moulds and Sam Adams were not happy with coach Mike Mularkey last year, and both had high-profile run-ins with him. There were philosophical differences among the defensive coaches about strategy and tactics. Mularkey took play-calling away from his offensive coordinator, Tom Clements.

"Last year we weren't disrupted just on the field," Vincent said. "We had internal disruptions, from coaches fighting coaches to coaches and front office. It was a mess. It trickled over to the field.

They certainly played like a disjointed family on the field as well. You could tell no one bought into the philosophy or direction the team was headed. Hopefully with Marv's experience and the respect that he commands based on his resume combined with his ideological alliance with Jauron will make a cohesive team this year.

And so the question needs to be asked.....

IF the cohesion of this team was SO BAD last year.....and we were early favorites to be a wildcard last year due to talent......

Well?

It only stands to reason that there is enough talent to make the wildcard THIS YEAR if those problems can be fixed.......

Patriots....a little less dominant each year now that coaching staff has been dismantled and losing players......

Fins.....look an awful lot like the bills who had a winning record and then fell apart the following year......

Jets....suck

hmmmmmmm

IF the cohesion of this team was SO BAD last year.....and we were early favorites to be a wildcard last year due to talent......

Well?

It only stands to reason that there is enough talent to make the wildcard THIS YEAR if those problems can be fixed.......

Patriots....a little less dominant each year now that coaching staff has been dismantled and losing players......

Fins.....look an awful lot like the bills who had a winning record and then fell apart the following year......

Jets....suck

hmmmmmmm

732058[/snapback]

With the ball bouncing our way... we might still be in the playoff hunt by week 11.

Well?

Jets....suck

hmmmmmmm

732058[/snapback]

John, PLEASE, take the rose colored glasses off!

First, the Bills will have to improve 100% to make the playoffs this year. Think about - yet another new coach with yet another system - no solid QB - and a weaker WR corp with out Eric Moulds.

Patriots....Should win the division

Fins....DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE DOLPHINS, If Culpepper is healthy (and it looks that way) and Ronnie Brown is just a little better than last year (907 yrd). They could easily pressure NE for the division title.

Jets...Suck

The Bills could easily be the third horse in a four horse race!

Jeff

Good pint, John. Anyone else realize the stinkin' fish were beat by the Bills last year early in the season and should have lost to the Bills late in the season (three first-quarter TDs for Lee and J.P.)? What did the stinkin' fish do since then? They added a QB with a suspect knee, but they also lost ricky. OK, culpepper has a decent shot at having a big year, but I don't think they improved all that much, so I firmly believe agree miami is overrated and due to fail terribly this season, which will be GREAT.

Well?

Jets....suck

hmmmmmmm

732058[/snapback]

This is an extremely good point!!!!

From all of the comments, it sreally seemed like a poison atmosphere. McGahee says he's not part of the "Mularkey package." Vincent's comments alluded to the chemistry problem. Even Sully (who I know has an ax to grind) says the atmosphere is light and refreshing at camp versus the suspicious and clenched atmosphere of TD.

Maybe TD and his minions were the problem all along. I can only hope that what was rotten has been removed.

John, PLEASE, take the rose colored glasses off!

First, the Bills will have to improve 100% to make the playoffs this year. Think about - yet another new coach with yet another system - no solid QB - and a weaker WR corp with out Eric Moulds.

Patriots....Should win the division

Fins....DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE DOLPHINS, If Culpepper is healthy (and it looks that way) and Ronnie Brown is just a little better than last year (907 yrd). They could easily pressure NE for the division title.

Jets...Suck

The Bills could easily be the third horse in a four horse race!

Jeff

732082[/snapback]

Jeff,

It is football season and I will keep the glasses on till the team proves otherwise...

- The team will have to improve 100%....no more like 50%. We after all did not go WINLESS and 9-7 could very well end up winning the division

- The system seems to finally fit the players we have on the roster

- No solid QB....well we will just have to wait and see on that...it is a little difficult to tell what we have at QB when they have no pass protection. Lets see if the influx of veteran offensive line players along with another year for Jason Peters doesnt make the line at least average.

- No Eric Moulds....you mean the same malcontent last year that fueded with coaches and lobbied openly against what should have been the starting QB? I think Lee Evans is FULLY capable of taking over the number 1 spot.....and we seem to have a multitude of number 2's on the roster. But going past that it appears to me that the TIGHT END situation is better then in previous years which should also help the pass catching situation.

Now on to the other teams predicitions....

Patriots - WHY should they win the division....RB position not as strong as in previous years....free agency defections.....departure of key coaching staff.....players getting a year older that were counted on in Super Bowl years?

Fins....any team that has Bennie Anderson protecting a QB is going to have problems.....and while the fins do have a very good RB they have a rook behind him....and for all of reefermans short comings at least the fins had a great 1-2 punch last year at the back position.....they are an injury away from being a bad team. It is a wait and see with Culpepper as well......

I dont know where our Bills team ends up at the end of the year.....I am just saying that if we were considered talented enough to be a "darkhorse" team last year then the majority of that talent has not left and and in fact we have improved at some areas like Tight End and Center......

from Buff News Article

Vincent also thinks the Bills will benefit from better team chemistry. Key veterans such as Eric Moulds and Sam Adams were not happy with coach Mike Mularkey last year, and both had high-profile run-ins with him. There were philosophical differences among the defensive coaches about strategy and tactics. Mularkey took play-calling away from his offensive coordinator, Tom Clements.

"Last year we weren't disrupted just on the field," Vincent said. "We had internal disruptions, from coaches fighting coaches to coaches and front office. It was a mess. It trickled over to the field.

731913[/snapback]

In the early '90s, did Defensive Line Coach Chuch Dickerson get his head slammed into a wall by an offensive coach, because they were fighting about which unit was better?

In the early '90s, did Defensive Line Coach Chuch Dickerson get  his head slammed into a wall by an offensive coach, because they were fighting about which unit was better?

732115[/snapback]

The fight was Nick Nicolau and somebody else... 1989, the classic Bickering Bills year.

You said it brother.

732130[/snapback]

The whole team seemed to have this frustrating dark cloud over it last year that even though there was some stuff openly talked about on the surface you could not help but feel there were other things going on beneath the surface.....

Take that Miami game for instance when they came back on us....I have NEVER seen a bills team just drop their hands and give up like they did in that game....

AND WE WERE KILLING THEM......Losman was on pace to have his best game a bill.......very frustrating.

Levy isn't going to put up with that kind of crap this year......I dont think DJ will either

The fight was Nick Nicolau and somebody else... 1989, the classic Bickering Bills year.

732127[/snapback]

Nicolau and Bresnahan, if memory serves. As to the general vibe back then, however, I do remember Chuck telling me something like "we had guys hitting each other in the head with coffee pots."

Dysfunction can be OK when you've got a bunch of future HOFers on the roster... not so much if you're the 2005 Bills.

In the early '90s, did Defensive Line Coach Chuch Dickerson get  his head slammed into a wall by an offensive coach, because they were fighting about which unit was better?

Wasn't it the OLine coach, who I think was Tom Breslahan(sp?)? Nicolau was WR coach, IIRC.

Judging from the recent report of the offensive line coach making comments about Losman, it sounds like a continuing problem that Jauron and Levy had better address if we ever want to go anywhere. Whining assistant coaches should be shown the door post haste.

Nicolau and Bresnahan, if memory serves.  As to the general vibe back then, however, I do remember Chuck telling me something like "we had guys hitting each other in the head with coffee pots."

Dysfunction can be OK when you've got a bunch of future HOFers on the roster...  not so much if you're the 2005 Bills.

732137[/snapback]

Who are you?