How do you feel about the upcoming season??

I'm not sure if it 5 long disappointing years of the TD regime, not being in the playoffs for so long, the Sabres having a ton of success this past year or something else, but I don't ever remember feeling less excited about a training camp that is about to open. If I had to describe it in one word it would be...indifferent.

Hopefully all it will take is one visit to training camp to get pumped up for the season. :)

I'm not sure if it 5 long disappointing years of the TD regime, not being in the playoffs for so long, the Sabres having a ton of success this past year or something else, but I don't ever remember feeling less excited about a training camp that is about to open. If I had to describe it in one word it would be...indifferent.

Hopefully all it will take is one visit to training camp to get pumped up for the season. :)

729675[/snapback]

I feel the exact opposite, at least at the start of it. The certifiable fools and idiots of the organization are gone, namely Donahoe, Mularkey, Clements, and Gray. IMO, what they collectively knew about fielding a competitive team wouldn't have filled a thimble.

I think if Losman or Nall can play average or better this is an above 500 team with a chance to challenge for the championship within a year or 2. If the young QBs bomb, we're in for a very long season, with the team drafting a QB and being another 2-3 years away at best.

I think one of the young QBs emerge, and we are at least fighting for if not in the playoffs this year. I base this on the fact that there are some talented players, we haven't taken a step back, talentwise, from last year and the coaching was so bad last year, Jauron & staff have to be a huge upgrade.

I guess I feel like I did in July of 1980. I was excited, man! Prior to that season, we had 4 losing seasons back to back, I was 13, and I can remember being just as I was when I was 9, 10, 11, 12......I gotta tell ya, it was great to be a kid back then and having a winning team was not an option for me. I had the Bills and they typically stunk, and that was all there was to it. But I was a fan. I had dreams back then of playing for the Bills and leading them to a Championship. :)

Sounds corny, but that's the beauty of it.

I can remember having hope every year! When we got Jim Ritcher and Joe Cribbs in the draft. I was excited and always willing to give my team the benefit of the doubt.

I guess i had HOPE. or FAITH.

i can remember feeling the same way in July 88. July 89. July 90.......today!

With the offseason being so long, how can you NOT be excited about the season to start????

Go Bills!!!!

......With the offseason being so long, how can you NOT be excited about the season to start????

Go Bills!!!!

729712[/snapback]

This sums it up for me as well. :)

I'll always be excited for a new edition of Buffalo Bills football. Even with our recent stretch of suckassness, the masochist in me can't get enough.

The key is to find at least one thing that gets you excited. Usually it was the prospect of getting to the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl. That ain't happening this year. So I am excited about the new regime, potentially bright young stars and the re-emergence of some veterans that got kicked in the nuts by 2005.

GO BILLS

I'll always be excited for a new edition of Buffalo Bills football.  Even with our recent stretch of suckassness, the masochist in me can't get enough.

The key is to find at least one thing that gets you excited.  Usually it was the prospect of getting to the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl.  That ain't happening this year.  So I am excited about the new regime, potentially bright young stars and the re-emergence of some veterans that got kicked in the nuts by 2005.

GO BILLS

729721[/snapback]

....and special teams!!! How can you not get excited about the potential of three-peating at #1 in Special Teams. :)

honestly? I have never felt less excited about football in my entire life. Maybe I am finally growing up, no wait, that can't be it. Lets see, I am going through a divorce, losing the house, trying to find a place to live, the only other Bill fan I watched the games with is gone (wife), my job has taken a real turn fo the worse, I am losing my animals too... but thanks for asking

honestly?  I have never felt less excited about football in my entire life.  Maybe I am finally growing up, no wait, that can't be it.  Lets see, I am going through a divorce, losing the house, trying to find a place to live, the only other Bill fan I watched the games with is gone (wife), my job has taken a real turn fo the worse, I am losing my animals too... but thanks for asking

729725[/snapback]

Geez, if all that is true you have my sympathies......losing the animals too. :)

This is where being a rabid fan can help though. Remember the times when you were right into football? When you were eating/breathing/existing just for the following Sunday to come around so you could see your beloved Bills? When you have that mentality going, **** in life fades out(at least while you are in football-head mode). It doesn't make things any better....& it isn't easy when we are not a good team....but it can help one forget about their worries for a little.

Good luck and....GO BILLS!!!!!

I guess I feel like I did in July of 1980. I was excited, man! Prior to that season, we had 4 losing seasons back to back, I was 13, and I can remember being just as I was when I was 9, 10, 11, 12......I gotta tell ya, it was great to be a kid back then and having a winning team was not an option for me. I had the Bills and they typically stunk, and that was all there was to it. But I was a fan. I had dreams back then of playing for the Bills and leading them to a Championship.  :) 

Sounds corny, but that's the beauty of it.

I can remember having hope every year! When we got Jim Ritcher and Joe Cribbs in the draft. I was excited and always willing to give my team the benefit of the doubt.

I guess i had HOPE. or FAITH.

i can remember feeling the same way in July 88. July 89. July 90.......today!

With the offseason being so long, how can you NOT be excited about the season to start????

Go Bills!!!!

729712[/snapback]

Wow, I could not have said it any better.

Go Bills!!!

For me, I am just excited that football is about to start again.

The greatest sport in this country unfortunately also happens to be the shortest.

I have said this before and I'll say it again; Football is my Saturday passion and my Sunday obsession.

I welcome this new season with open arms.

Now how I feel about the Bills this season is optimistic. I am very excited to see how our rookies wil do. I want to see what Dick Jauron can do for this team. I want to see who will step up at QB. If TKO can come back at 100%.

I trust Marv Levy and hope that as a GM he can bring us back to the promised land.

I do'nt think it'll be this year though. We won't be the best team in the NFL, but we won't be the worst either. I project a 7-9 or 8-8 season.

But I'll be cheering with all my heart and soul for the Bills to win every single game this year.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I could not have said it any better.

Go Bills!!!

729730[/snapback]

thanks, but I forgot to add:

I was at the comeback game. There was no lower feeling in the football world when it is 35-3 and the feeling of the finality of a playoff loss sets in and you're sitting there freezing your a$$ off...and for what? I asked myself that question right after Bubba took the INT in for a TD. But I answered the question by staying put in my seat. and you know what? My team confirmed that answer the rest of the contest. You gotta have faith. I had it that day, and I will always have it for my team.

thanks, but I forgot to add:

I was at the comeback game. There was no lower feeling in the football world when it is 35-3 and the feeling of the finality of a playoff loss sets in and you're sitting there freezing your a$$ off...and for what? I asked myself that question right after Bubba took the INT in for a TD. But I answered the question by staying put in my seat. and you know what? My team confirmed that answer the rest of the contest. You gotta have faith. I had it that day, and I will always have it for my team.

729753[/snapback]

What else is there to say after that?

other than

GO BILLS!!!!

729675[/snapback]

C'mon, if watching Craig Nall throw some outs to Josh Reed doesn't get you excited, nothing will.

Seriously, I think the average fan can only take so much uncertainty and with all the new faces, from Marv to McCargo, we have plenty of things to be uncertain about. Add in all the negativity surrounding our draft that has, perhaps fairly, been thrown around, I think lots of us are not as excited as we would usually be.

729675[/snapback]

How can you not be pumped up for the upcoming season. I plan on flying my flags, decorating the car etc for the season. Man cant wait till the season starts and hoping for a major upset on opening day as a young and fast Bills team squashes the Pats. One can dream and hope

honestly?  I have never felt less excited about football in my entire life.  Maybe I am finally growing up, no wait, that can't be it.  Lets see, I am going through a divorce, losing the house, trying to find a place to live, the only other Bill fan I watched the games with is gone (wife), my job has taken a real turn fo the worse, I am losing my animals too... but thanks for asking

729725[/snapback]

PM me, I'm in a similar boat.