JP was coddled last year

JP Losman said he is being "coached hard" this year and that that wasn't the case last season. JPL also went on to explain how he responds well to being "coached hard" because it helped him earlier in his career in HS and College.

Coddling athletes is the last thing you should do. The more I hear about this year's coaching staff the more I'm happy that MM and Co. are long gone. DJ having previous head coaching experience will help this team tremendously.

Overall I found the interview to be very encouraging and enjoyful to watch. Check it out when you get a chance.

JP Losman said he is being "coached hard" this year and that that wasn't the case last season. JPL also went on to explain how he responds well to being "coached hard" because it helped him earlier in his career in HS and College.

Coddling athletes is the last thing you should do. The more I hear about this year's coaching staff the more I'm happy that MM and Co. are long gone. DJ having previous head coaching experience will help this team tremendously.

Overall I found the interview to be very encouraging and enjoyful to watch. Check it out when you get a chance.

725053[/snapback]

Link??

The more I watch stuff like this, the more I feel like some people wanted him to fail last year in an effort to get a more seasoned guy like Holcomb in there and get the team on a false "immediate gratification" path to the playoffs.

And when I say "some people" I mean Mularkey and his band of meatheads.

The more I watch stuff like this, the more I feel like some people wanted him to fail last year in an effort to get a more seasoned guy like Holcomb in there and get the team on a false "immediate gratification" path to the playoffs.

And when I say "some people" I mean Mularkey and his band of meatheads.

725133[/snapback]

IMO some people = Moulds.

725053[/snapback]

I'm sure to watch it at some point, as soon as i figure out what "enjoyful" means...

:P

725053[/snapback]

Forgive me for being a little skeptical...we heard all of this last year...remember all the time JP spent with Sam Wyche? The special bond they had, that was going to get JP prepared to handle all of the success that was surely around the corner for him?

Bottom line is, JP, and everyone else, have to start producing.

I am with you, on liking Dick Jauron...I wanted him to be the Bills coach, before Mularkey ever got hired. I have heard nothing but good things about him, for years. To label him a failure, like so many here did when Mike Sherman wasn't hired, is a little premature.

I am not overly thrilled with most of the Bills off-season moves. I really think that Jauron is the only real upgrade that has been made. Maybe that is enough. Were the Bills underachievers last year, or were they just a talented team, looking for some leadership?

J.P. Losman could have been "wet nursed" by Bill Walsh and still had growing pains! In my opinion, he is in need of playing time, and that will start helping him develop. You simply cannot put the cart before the horse in this scenario. He MUST play to improve, case closed!

Forgive me for being a little skeptical...we heard all of this last year...remember all the time JP spent with Sam Wyche?  The special bond they had, that was going to get JP prepared to handle all of the success that was surely around the corner for him?

Bottom line is, JP, and everyone else, have to start producing. 

725165[/snapback]

Yep, just like RJ was cuddled by Wade and Greggo was going to be so much better for him with his discipline.

Not that JP will be RJ and Jauron will be Williams, but this is standard stuff every team says after a disappointing season; they always seem to know what went wrong last year. We'll see.

It goes back to the basics. Give a quarter back at least--at least---average protection. See what he's got, give him the assistance he needs to develop, and see what you have. The book's still out on JP--he's inconsistent, throws beautiful balls at some times and throws horribly at others, but that offense last year was a train wreck. Oh God, that familiar pain in my abdomen is back....

Actually, I was more encouraged by the clips. I obviously haven't seen a full workout, but Losman's mechanics seem to be improved. Watch his front shoulder when he throws. It doesn't droop. Now, if they can only give him some protection.

If you want the truth about what is going on this year - wait until next year... Everything is peaches and cream until the next season when we find out it was all fish oil and rocky mountain oysters...

It goes back to the basics.  Give a quarter back at least--at least---average protection.  See what he's got, give him the assistance he needs to develop, and see what you have.  The book's still out on JP--he's inconsistent, throws beautiful balls at some times and throws horribly at others, but that offense last year was a train wreck.  Oh God, that familiar pain in my abdomen is back....

725264[/snapback]

first and foremost, RUN THE BALL and take pressure of the QB.

It's funny how much garbage is coming out about Mularkey now....that lockeroom must have been a disaster last year

725300[/snapback]

I think, the truth is, TD is/was much more responsible for the mess that the Bills are/may be in right now, than Mularkey...

Mularkey was never comfortable with handing the starting job to Losman, without him showing a little something first...TD thought he knew better, and had to justify his controversial drafting (to some) of Losman with a first round pick, and his silly move (to some) to cut ties with Drew Bledsoe, prematurely. This move was forced on everyone, by TD!

All of those were TD moves, which did not have the full support of everyone who would be involved with the ensuing results (players, coaches, scouting staff, etc).

In truth, Mularkey was really just a puppett for TD. MM was not nearly as disrespceted by the players, as some seem to think.

IMO some people = Moulds.

725142[/snapback]

I can agree with that. But part of me feels Moulds is creeping up on the end of his career and wanted to win, and Holcomb gave him the best chance to do that. In that regard, I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack.

But another part of me feels that is this were really true, and Moulds needs to win before he's done, he would have signed somewhere other than Houston. It's the same reason I can't get my head around Edge going to Arizona. Yes, they're different situations, but they both have the same motivation: cash.

So winning is important, but not as important as cash. :)

I can agree with that. But part of me feels Moulds is creeping up on the end of his career and wanted to win, and Holcomb gave him the best chance to do that. In that regard, I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack.

725345[/snapback]

If Hines Ward and Company thought the same about Ben, after he replaced

a injured Maddox, I am sure the Steelers woulld not be the SB champions that

they are now.