TKO's List

5 Wide

Spikes said during last season that there were some occasions where the other team was taking liberties with some of our guys. "On this day, New England tight end Daniel Graham makes the list after shoving a Buffalo linebacker after the whistle.

"He should know better," Spikes says. "That doesn't happen when I'm on the field. No. 82 -- he's got it coming. He's one of many. There's going to be some housecleaning in the league when I get back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2257809

Who else do you remember from games last year that got cheap with the Bills. Since the article in the News talked about Spikes looking good for his return, I'm starting to get the itch and wondering about this team setting the tone for the season to come.

Holcomb deserves a training camp shot from TKO for throwing a 3-yard pass to Moulds on 4th & 7 against the Pats.

723071[/snapback]

I wonder if he would've taken Flutie out for hanging Thurman out to dry on the first play of 1999.

I need to see a doctor. I can barely remember the year 1999, let alone the Bills' first play from scrimmage.

723159[/snapback]

If that's the same play I'm thinking of, then it was actually pretty memorable. Flutie threw this super high passed and exposed Thurman to a nastyu hit--he got his ribs destroyed. He was lost and ineffective for much of the season, if I recall.

If that's the same play I'm thinking of, then it was actually pretty memorable. Flutie threw this super high passed and exposed Thurman to a nastyu hit--he got his ribs destroyed. He was lost and ineffective for much of the season, if I recall.

723170[/snapback]

Weren't there some internal injuries on that one too?

Weren't there some internal injuries on that one too?

723179[/snapback]

I think Thurman suffered a liver laceration on the hit. I cursed out Flutrie all year long after that. We all knew TT wasn't going to be around much longer and the toad hung him out to dry and save a few late season games (including a nice 15-16 carry, 85 yard or thereabouts game against the Pats), he was done.

It's a good thing when a team draws a line that they are not going to be pushed around. However, it makes a big difference when and how you do this. I hope TKO shows that this will be a new Bills squad not by pulling a Zidane like head butt that certainly showed he and the team will stand-up to idiotic opponents, but he got the team captain and one of the best in the world taking penality kicks thrown out of the Worl Cup final.

The test is not going to be statements by TKO, but how he builds an ethic within the team and how he plays hard but does not take dumb penalities.