Prisco's Over and Under Rated for each team

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9542704

Buffalo Bills

Overrated: Strong-side linebacker Jeff Posey had a good year in 2004, but he didn't do much last season. He struggles in coverage and there's a chance he could lose his job,

Underrated: Right tackle Jason Peters is a former tight end who is learning the position. He has outstanding athletic ability and is already the best player on the Bills line. He can be a Pro Bowl tackle.

Houston Texans

Overrated: Eric Moulds caught 81 passes for the Bills last season, but his per-catch average of 10.1 tied for the lowest of his career. That's a sign of a slowdown. The Texans like him as a No. 2 receiver, but if he slows down even more they might not get that out of him. He is no longer a top receiver.

Buffalo Bills

Overrated: Strong-side linebacker Jeff Posey had a good year in 2004, but he didn't do much last season. He struggles in coverage and there's a chance he could lose his job,

Underrated: Right tackle Jason Peters is a former tight end who is learning the position. He has outstanding athletic ability and is already the best player on the Bills line. He can be a Pro Bowl tackle.

Houston Texans

Overrated: Eric Moulds caught 81 passes for the Bills last season, but his per-catch average of 10.1 tied for the lowest of his career. That's a sign of a slowdown. The Texans like him as a No. 2 receiver, but if he slows down even more they might not get that out of him. He is no longer a top receiver.

720181[/snapback]

Heh, I actually agree with all of that...

Buffalo Bills

720181[/snapback]

:lol: who rates Posey?????

Everywhere I look Posey is considered marginal at best. If he is our most over-rated player, it goes to show how under-rated the entire team is.....or how bad the entire team is. :devil:

Dallas Cowboys

Underrated: Drew Bledsoe is one of those quarterbacks who always gets picked apart, no matter what he does. But he had a heck of a year for the Cowboys, throwing for 3,639 yards and 23 touchdowns.

There you go then..... :devil:

plus....

San Francisco 49ers

Overrated: When the 49ers overpaid to sign left tackle Jonas Jennings last year, it was a questionable move. Now we see why. Jennings had his season cut short by a shoulder injury, but when he was on the field he was far from dominant

:lol:

:lol:  who rates Posey?????

Everywhere I look Posey is considered marginal at best.  If he is our most over-rated player, it goes to show how under-rated the entire team is.....or how bad the entire team is. :devil:

720204[/snapback]

Everywhere you turn all the sites talk about our great linebacking corps. Obviously they're including Posey. Of course nonne of them are original and all say the same thing.

Houston Texans

720181[/snapback]

It should have said Eric Moulds caught 81 passes for the Bills last season, but his per-catch average of 10.1 tied for the lowest of his career, he asked for Kelly Holcomb, he got Kelly Holcomb.

Heh, I actually agree with all of that...

720186[/snapback]

Actually Posey was never rated high to be called Over-Rated....He has always

been an average player for the bills.

McGahee was over-rated last year in that he never fulfiled his expectations...I hope he turns it around this year.

It should have said Eric Moulds caught 81 passes for the Bills last season, but his per-catch average of 10.1 tied for the lowest of his career, he asked for Kelly Holcomb, he got Kelly Holcomb.

720333[/snapback]

Who is the Veteran Backup to Carr....EM will want him to throw a 3 yard

out to him next season.....

Actually Posey was never rated high to be called Over-Rated....He has always

been an average player for the bills.

McGahee was over-rated last year in that he never fulfiled his expectations...I hope he turns it around this year.

720335[/snapback]

Undoubtedly it's because Posey was selected as the #1 FA player by the legendary TD in 2003.

It's backhanded Bills bashing - 'cept they can't bash TD, so they've got to bash the player - "he hasn't lived up to his value". :devil:

Undoubtedly it's because Posey was selected as the #1 FA player by the legendary TD in 2003.

It's backhanded Bills bashing - 'cept they can't bash TD, so they've got to bash the player - "he hasn't lived up to his value".  :devil:

720338[/snapback]

not many in the media ever really bashed TD. it was Bills' fans who bashed TD and subsequently the media bashed Bills' fans for bashing TD

Buffalo Bills

Houston Texans

720181[/snapback]

My problem with that is Jeff Posey- he was brought in because of his pass rushing talents, and all we have done with him is drop him into coverage. He was known as a good 3-4 guy, but not a good 4-3 guy when we brought him in. Blame Donahoe AND the coaches for not getting together on this before hand. We've done more to expose his weaknesses than exploit his strengths.

Moulds will be an effective offensive threat for Houston if the line blocks for Carr and Davis, and the defense does not give up a million points per game.

Peters can turn into Anthony Munoz, but it wont mean squat if the rest of the line doesnt pan out.

not many in the media ever really bashed TD.  it was Bills' fans who bashed TD and subsequently the media bashed Bills' fans for bashing TD

720356[/snapback]

Exactly my point. TD couldn't do wrong. So it must be the Player's fault. And anyone taken "First" in the FA period would "naturally" have a higher "value" than one taken later. :devil::lol:

Dallas Cowboys

Underrated: Drew Bledsoe is one of those quarterbacks who always gets picked apart, no matter what he does. But he had a heck of a year for the Cowboys, throwing for 3,639 yards and 23 touchdowns.

720208[/snapback]

...and single handedly costing the Cowboys the playoffs with pitiful performances against the Redskins and Seahawks. Drew successfully lead another team to the brink of the playoffs only to come up just a little short en route to his typical 9-7 record after a brilliant first half of the season.

Man it has become apparent that only certain teams ever get props by the media. Bill Parcells can do no wrong even though he hasnt won sh-- in dallas. I hate the cowboys and the media.

:lol:  who rates Posey?????

Everywhere I look Posey is considered marginal at best.  If he is our most over-rated player, it goes to show how under-rated the entire team is.....or how bad the entire team is. :devil:

720204[/snapback]

Agreed, I've never heard anyone in the national media mention Posey ever. Most people don't even know his first name and quite frankly I don't either. Is it James or Jeff? I think it's Jeff, but I always forget.

...and single handedly costing the Cowboys the playoffs with pitiful performances against the Redskins and Seahawks. Drew successfully lead another team to the brink of the playoffs only to come up just a little short en route to his typical 9-7 record after a brilliant first half of the season.

Man it has become apparent that only certain teams ever get props by the media. Bill Parcells can do no wrong even though he hasnt won sh-- in dallas. I hate the cowboys and the media.

720403[/snapback]

:lol: Cue Fez entrance music...

That's a little harsh. He had a decent year. A good year by his standards, which is a pretty average year by most standards. The Redskin game was over before it started to be fair. Obviously, he made the OL look worse than it was as he always does.

I hate the media and Dallas as well. But Parcells is just that damn good. I mean, it was a 5-11 team for 3 years in a row before he got there. Suddenly they go 10-6 with Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick leading the way in '03...voila, Dallas fans get ridiculous expectations for '04, fail to realize how much they overachieved the previous year, and they blame Tuna for not making the playoffs the last two years even though they've gotten much better during his tenure and the division has improved immeasurably. :devil:

Agreed, I've never heard anyone in the national media mention Posey ever.  Most people don't even know his first name and quite frankly I don't either.  Is it James or Jeff?  I think it's Jeff, but I always forget.

720506[/snapback]

When Buffalo signed Posey, he was one of those "under the radar" guys that was playing on a very bad team in Houston. Posey was, arguably, the defensive MVP of the Texans defense (admittedly, not saying much), and was developing into a very good pass rusher, not unlike another, more successful FA singning by the Bills, years ago, Bryce Paup...the biggest problem was that Posey has never been used as that type of player in Buffalo...he is just one of many marginal talents in the NFL, who could be outstanding in the right system. Posey is decent, but not good enough to overcome the avergage DE's that he is playing with.

Agreed, I've never heard anyone in the national media mention Posey ever.  Most people don't even know his first name and quite frankly I don't either.  Is it James or Jeff?  I think it's Jeff, but I always forget.

720506[/snapback]

There have been streaks of 5 or 6 games in a row where Posey's name was never mentioned. That's a bad sign dude. You don't get national attention if no one even notices if you're in the game.

He's way below average and has been carried by Spikes and Fletcher over the last couple years. With Spikes out, he still wasn't seen or heard from last year.

He should have been cut by now.

There have been streaks of 5 or 6 games in a row where Posey's name was never mentioned. That's a bad sign dude. You don't get national attention if no one even notices if you're in the game.

He's way below average and has been carried by Spikes and Fletcher over the last couple years. With Spikes out, he still wasn't seen or heard from last year.

He should have been cut by now.

720649[/snapback]

I didn't say he was good I said he wasn't overrated.

I remember the announcers in the Houston game raving about Chris Kelsay before and during the game. If it's possible to suck and be overrated at the same time, he would be a better example than Posey IMO.