who will start day 1 for the bills

Just for kicks who do you guys think will start day 1 for buffalo this year. This is what i think.

Offense

QB Losman Nall Holcomb?(If hes still on the team)

RB McGahee Thomas Wiliams

FB Shelton

WR Evans Price Reed Parrish Nance

TE Royal Everett Neufeld

O Line Gandy Reyes Fowler Villariall Peters

D end Schobel Kelsey

D T Triplett McCargo

LB Crowell Fletcher Spikes

CB Clements McGee

SS Whitner

FS Vincent (Until KO Simpson is ready... week 6 maybe?)

K Lindell

P Mormon

PR Parrish

KR McGee

Generally, I agree with your sense of who will start. The one area of significant disagreement I would have is the expectation from folks that Simpson is gonna start for this team this year.

I think a lot of this feeling is base more on some fans not wanting Vincent to start because he is an older player and because the NFLPA (and unions generally) have such negative press and TV is their Prez.

TV is long in the tooth and like Villarial, what used to nicks which players played through can now become injuries which knock them out of games. He could well be forced to the bench early in the season.

However, if he is look for Rashad Baker to step in at FS and not Simpson. Simpson is a second day draftee and if he follows the course of most players who had the talent where they got drafted at this point, it will be into his second season before he can contribute much to this team beyond ST work.

Generally, I agree with your sense of who will start.  The one area of significant disagreement I would have is the expectation from folks that Simpson is gonna start for this team this year.

I think a lot of this feeling is base more on some fans not wanting Vincent to start because he is an older player and because the NFLPA (and unions generally) have such negative press and TV is their Prez.

TV is long in the tooth and like Villarial, what used to nicks which players played through can now become injuries which knock them out of games.  He could well be forced to the bench early in the season.

However, if he is look for Rashad Baker to step in at FS and not Simpson.  Simpson is a second day draftee and if he follows the course of most players who had the talent where they got drafted at this point, it will be into his second season before he can contribute much to this team beyond ST work.

719356[/snapback]

ok i can see what your saying about simpson. i forgot about baker, hed probly step in first. Good point

QB Losman

RB McGahee

WR Evans Price

TE Everett Royal

OL Gandy Reyes Fowler Preston Peters

DE Kelsey Schobel

DT Triplett Anderson

LB Stamer Fletcher-Baker Crowell

CB McGee Clements

S Whitner Baker

K Lindell

P Moorman

PR Parrish

KR McGee

QB Losman

RB McGahee

WR Evans Price

TE Everett Royal

OL Gandy Reyes Fowler Preston Peters

DE Kelsey Schobel

DT Triplett Anderson

LB Stamer Fletcher-Baker Crowell

CB McGee Clements

S Whitner Baker

K Lindell

P Moorman

PR Parrish

KR McGee

719374[/snapback]

Rico-

Interesting, but TKO's recovery would have to fail big time as a TKO at 75% is probsbly equal to a Stamer at 100%.

I think you are right that Villarial eventually gets hit with old age as dings which used to be nicks he could play through become injuries which force him to the bench, but my guess is tha CV is the RG on opening day.

Anderson is the lead candidate for RDT, but my guerss is that the Bills will want to put the best players on the field. If McCargo is not the starter soon in the '06 season I think we wasted resources trading up to get him.

Your judgment that TV will not start at FS is certainly consistent with your past declarations that he is done as a Bill. However, I think this prediction will be as correct as those which wrote off TV as gone either with or instead of Milloy.

He is long in the the tooth so the injury gremline may force him to the bench sooner than he or the Bills plan. However, I think the scary thing for things who have prepared TV's obits as a Bill is that the debate may well be over whether our switch to a D scheme (Cover or likely Tampa 2)which suits his cover skills more than the LB style play of an S in our old zone blitz scheme will extend his time as a Billf for simply this year or maybe even two years,

Are there really any position battles besides QB, and maybe #2 WR?  It's the depth that counts.

719348[/snapback]

DE... Kelsay is not a lock at the LDE position

LB.....I don't think Crowell is going to be given the OLB position. He will have

to fight it with incumbent Posey

DT....Again Anderson might not be given the job....

TE....This is a big mystery....ROyals might be the FA signing...However, if

Everett has a big training camp, which I am hoping for, then he might get

the nod over ROyals.

offense starters

QB- Nall

fb- derrick ming

tb- willis mcgahee

wr- evans/price

te- robert royal (but I believe we'll see a lot of 2 te sets with everett getting a lot of playing time)

lt- mike gandy

lg- tutan reyes

c- melvin fowler

rg- duke preston

rt- jason peters

defensive starters

lde- chris kelsay

ldt- larry triplett

rdt- tim anderson (but we'll see a lot of dt rotation with mccargo and williams)

rde- aaron schobel

wlb- takeo spikes

mlb- london fletcher

slb- angelo crowell

cb- nate clements

cb- terrence mcgee

fs- troy vincent (with KO Simpson getting increased playing time and taking over at fs near the middle of the season)

ss- donte whitner

Interesting, but TKO's recovery would have to fail big time as a TKO at 75% is probsbly equal to a Stamer at 100%.

719385[/snapback]

You can't play Cover 2 if you can't run...

and right now AFAIC no news is bad news.

Until I see how TKO looks on the field in a pre-season game,

I'm not counting on him to start Week 1.

Are peoples prediction of Preston at RG due to purely the belief that CV is on the way out or has there been some promising news about DP to imply he could be starting?

Or is it just wishful thinking?

Not knocking here....just wondering where people are coming from.

Are peoples prediction of Preston at RG due to purely the belief that CV is on the way out or has there been some promising news about DP to imply he could be starting?

Or is it just wishful thinking?

Not knocking here....just wondering where people are coming from.

719491[/snapback]

Some of it is wishful thinking cause CV is old and was embarassing in some games last season... I know he was banged-up, but still....

Also, Chris Brown said in one of his blog entries that the Duke was looking good at 1st team RG during the OTA's while CV was absent... from what I saw last year, I don't think Preston can do much worse, even if he's not the final answer. Plus seeing as this is a rebuilding year, we don't really need CV... if you're trying to build long-range continuity on the OL, it doesn't make sense to keep him around.

QB - Holcomb

RB - McGahee

FB - Shelton

TE - Royal

WR - Evans

WR - Price

LT - Gandy

LG - Reyes

OC - Fowler

RG - Villarial

RT - Peters

RDE - Schobel

DT - Tripplet

DT - Anderson

LDE - Kelsay

SLB - Crowell

MLB - Fletcher

WLB - Spikes

CB - McGee

SS - Whitner

FS - Vincent

CB - Clements

K - Lindell

P - Moorman

LS - Schneck

I think Jauron will start the year with a rather conservative approach, trying to stay in games, Holcomb gives him that.

Holcomb gets the nod as the starter but I'm 100% sure he won't finish the year as such.

QB - Holcomb

RB - McGahee

FB - Shelton

TE - Royal

WR - Evans

WR - Price

LT - Gandy

LG - Reyes

OC - Fowler

RG - Villarial

RT - Peters

RDE - Schobel

DT - Tripplet

DT - Anderson

LDE - Kelsay

SLB - Crowell

MLB - Fletcher

WLB - Spikes

CB - McGee

SS - Whitner

FS -  Vincent

CB -  Clements

K - Lindell

P - Moorman

LS - Schneck

I think Jauron will start the year with a rather conservative approach, trying to stay in games, Holcomb gives him that.

Holcomb gets the nod as the starter but I'm 100% sure he won't finish the year as such.

719653[/snapback]

I agree everywhere except I think it will be Losman. Athletic but suspect linemen, fast receivers, a Rams' style offensive scheme, and "aggressive" OC, I just don't see Holcomb in that combination.

I agree everywhere except I think it will be Losman. Athletic but suspect linemen, fast receivers, a Rams' style offensive scheme, and "aggressive" OC, I just don't see Holcomb in that combination.

719673[/snapback]

Interesting you shoudl say that about Holcomb. Rams QBs were never praised for their arm strength, rather their timing and accuracy.

Interesting you shoudl say that about Holcomb. Rams QBs were never praised for their arm strength, rather their timing and accuracy.

719686[/snapback]

Warner and Bulger could both easily get the ball way down the field with some zip. They didn't have complete cannons but they could throw 30 and 40 yard passes on a line, and bombs that didn't look like shank punts that had to be fair-caught (like KH's do). They hung in the pocket and got blasted but they consistently went down the field and often way down the field. Holcomb is the antithesis of that.

I will say this about that..... I'm hoping that the new generation makes a HUGE dent in the lineup. I'd love Whitner, Simpson, and Youboty to excell right out of the gate. Highly unlikely? Well yes, but the 1981 Forty-Niners started four rookies in their secondary and went to a Super Bowl. I know that's a once in a lifetime thing, but I believe that these three will be the last line of defense for a LONG TIME in Buffalo! If McCargo and Williams can come in and make a significant contribution in a rotation, then I'd sure be happy about that too. Great reports on Butler and Pennington would sure be nice and Martin Nance is the likliest rookie free agent to make a splash. I truly want one of the YOUNG QB's to make a lasting impression on management and the coaching staff. I'm on record rooting for Losman, however, if Nall were to seize the opportunity, I'm perfectly fine with that situation. Duke Preston, Justin Geisinger, Eric King, and Roscoe Parrish to name a few, need to step up and make this their team. I'm bullish on the future of this team and think that success is only a season away! GO BILLS!!!!!