ESPN power rankings

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking...son=2006&week=0

28 (23) Bills 5-11-0 Craig Nall, J.P. Losman or Kelly Holmcomb? Well, their going to have to pick one of them, right?

711811[/snapback]

i can take compfort in thinking that the Sabres, Canes, Oilers, and the Miami Heat were probably pretty low on ESPN's power rankings prior to their respective seasons' start.

i can take compfort in thinking that the Sabres, Canes, Oilers, and the Miami Heat were probably pretty low on ESPN's power rankings prior to their respective seasons' start.

711831[/snapback]

When is ESPN going to publish the power rankings on their staff predictions? :w00t:

PTR

When is ESPN going to publish the power rankings on their staff predictions?  :w00t:

PTR

711843[/snapback]

Is it possible to rank everybody at the bottom of the poll? Because that's where you'd have to put them for preseason power rankings

28 (23) Bills 5-11-0 Craig Nall, J.P. Losman or Kelly Holmcomb? Well, their going to have to pick one of them, right?

711811[/snapback]

I think they're going to have to learn better grammar.

I'm actually surprised.  I hadn't figured them to rank hire than 29.

711857[/snapback]

Mort must be on vacation...otherwise we'd be ranked 33rd, behind the 31 other teams and tom donahoe

711831[/snapback]

The heat must've been top 5.

You must truly be a "Tortured Soul" if you are worried about power rankings before TC even starts. :w00t:

711865[/snapback]

You have no idea.

I have no problem where the Bills are ranked. They haven't shown anything yet. But the dolphins at 8 and the Giants at 11? That invalidates the entire list.

712032[/snapback]

No, Dallas at number 7. Hah! That equates to about 11 or 12 wins. You think Drew and company hook up for 12 wins. Never say never.

Never.

How would the Heat have been ranked any lower than #2 in the east, or #5 overall??

713849[/snapback]

ESPN seems fully aware of this as they clearly present this as their "opening" power rankings. Reality is certainly going to determine a lot.

Its off-season and the boys are sitting around post NBA abd NHL season looking for off-serason stuff to do. What better amidst going on vacation than to try to reach a group consensus amidst guys who all sports fans wish they had as much time ion their hands to watch and think about games.

It would be nice to see where individual "experts" are in their predictions about how they think the season will turn out. However, i doubt that folks like Clayton will subject themselves to the embarrassment of showing how wrong they often are.