Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Canes.  To the fans? Nope.  Let's see if they are back come October.

710881[/snapback]

There's no way they don't have a few worthy fans. This Cup is for them - doesn't matter if there's only 10. The bandwaggoners can lick balls.

There's no way they don't have a few worthy fans.  This Cup is for them - doesn't matter if there's only 10.  The bandwaggoners can lick balls.

710884[/snapback]

They do have some worthy fans, no doubt. I know two of them. I just called my one friend who has been a Canes season ticket holder since day one to congratulate him, fans like him are very few and far between down here though. I lost count of how many "Caniacs" I know that T-Bone'd on their hometown team or have jumped on the bandwagon in the last few months. You are right about them, they can lick balls.

Looking on the bright side, this just made the Sabres season a little bit more special. We lost in game 7 to the Stanley Cup champs only after suffering the most unlikely string of injuries.

Our Sabres got some much-needed playoff experience this year.

Next year...we make our move....

Looking on the bright side, this just made the Sabres season a little bit more special. We lost in game 7 to the Stanley Cup champs only after suffering the most unlikely string of injuries.

Our Sabres got some much-needed playoff experience this year.

Next year...we make our move....

710890[/snapback]

Assuming the bulk of the team comes back and the few changes in the roster don't adversely affect the magic this team had.

I'm sure I will look at it the way you do in a few months, but right now I'm nauseous thinking about what might have been if the Sabres had been able to limit the injury bug to just the top forward and 1/2 of the defense rather than 2/3's of it.

The Sabres were ~18 minutes away from being favored in the Finals (for the 1st time ever). They are now ~4 roster changes, 82 games, and who knows what else away from being one of 16 with a dream.

They will definitely be back in the playoffs, and if Darcy can keep the team intact may be able to build on this season. But it will be hard for this team to get much closer than they did this time and it will be impossible for the ride to be more fun than this season was. (Even if the final destination is better, the ride cannot be sweeter than this one was.)

Jeez...I hate the Hurricanes as much as I can hate any team right now. To me though, that makes me all that more excited about the 2006-07 season.

Don't be too hard on their fans. I am sure in 1974, Torontonians were thinking the same thing about Buffalo hockey "fans". They are still a relitively new team. It sucks that they win a cup before the Sabres, but to begrudge their fans, as fly-by night as they might be, is kind of silly...

I will save all my venom for Peter Laviollette....I really came to hate that little metro-sexual prick in our series against them...

The HATRED is back! The NHL is back!

ps- my favorite moment of the night was Heddeken (sp?) getting called for the high-stick, with about six minutes left. At that point, the Oilers had been pouring it on. The glare of disgust and anger that Brindamour gave Heddeken was pricless...like "you stupid f****ing bast***d, I am trying to win a f****ing cup!" I felt so sure Edmonton was going to score....I was looking forward to an intense OT.

Congrats to the Oilers. They faught hard, and made a much better series out of this than I ever imagined.

Congrats to the Canes for taking 7 games to beat a back-up goalie after taking 7 games to beat an AHL defense. Let's sweep this one under the rug. This championship, like both of the Florida Marlins championships, won't even seem real in less than a year. It'll be like "Oh, yeah, that's right. I guess they did win last year..."

And if most of Raleigh doesn't care, then why should I?

Assuming the bulk of the team comes back and the few changes in the roster don't adversely affect the magic this team had.

710896[/snapback]

I read something, where the forgone conclusion seems to be that Teppo, McKee and Mike Grier are going to be gone. God, I really hope they don't lose Grier. I know he had an up and down, so-so regular season, but night after night, in the playoffs, he and Drury were our best players.

I would love to see McKee and Teppo back, but I can understand losing them. We need to get better on defense, and maybe getting a little younger wouldn't be bad back there either. The way Janek played in the playoffs, it seems like one of these guys, if not both, will be expendable. I would really hate to lose Grier...

Don't be too hard on their fans.  I am sure in 1974, Torontonians were thinking the same thing about Buffalo hockey "fans".  They are still a relitively new team.  It sucks that they win a cup before the Sabres, but to begrudge their fans, as fly-by night as they might be, is kind of silly...

710899[/snapback]

I'm just the opposite. I despise the "Caniacs". The Canes as a team and an organization I respect for the most part. They have been in NC for 9 seasons, in Raleigh for the past 7. That's more than enough time to cultivate a fan base that will come out and support your team during a 52 win season. They played to a 3/4 full arena for the majority of the regular season. I was at game one of the Devils series when there were easily 2000 empty seats in the upper level. And we all know it took 5000 Buffalo fans to help them sell out their ECF games.

They do have some worthy fans, no doubt.  I know two of them.  I just called my one friend who has been a Canes season ticket holder since day one to congratulate him, fans like him are very few and far between down here though.  I lost count of how many "Caniacs" I know that T-Bone'd on their hometown team or have jumped on the bandwagon in the last few months.  You are right about them, they can lick balls.

710887[/snapback]

I've tolerated you long enough.

As a North Carolina native let me just tell you based on every comment I've seen you make about my state and its citizens, you are a true representative of class. It's good you're quarantined over in Holly Springs.

I know a lot of good guys from WNY who have moved here to Raleigh and Charlotte, watched a lot of good football, and had some fun with them during the Canes / Sabre series. I can only say thank God I've never met you and I pray I never will.

People like you are the one of the reasons there's problems in the world. If you don't like North Carolina and the people who live there go the hell back from wherever it is you came from and stop wasting space in my state.

It's one thing for someone to make fun of NC and its citizens when you're up in NY and just don't know any better or care. It's another thing entirely to move down here, live in southwestern Wake County, and constantly dribble out your mouth how stupid everyone is and every dumb redneck Hurricane fan can "lick balls". I mean you hate rednecks, farmers, non-hockey fans, people with strange accents, and so on, and you live in Holly Springs, NC. That's the equivalent of someone from Fuquay Varina (that's southeast of you, still in Wake County) moving to a suburb outside of Buffalo and complaining that he/she hates smooth talking, fancy car driving, slick backed hair yankees. What the hell is your problem?