Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes

Get yer cups right boy - it's now the Nextel Cup!

711200[/snapback]

Yeah, really, doesn't he know that every time that "W" word is said, another underage kid starts smoking?

And if, thanks to the merger, it becomes the "Sprint Cup," does that mean they'll shorten the races to one lap? :huh:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, really, doesn't he know that every time that "W" word is said, another underage kid starts smoking?

And if, thanks to the merger, it becomes the "Sprint Cup," does that mean they'll shorten the races to one lap?  :huh:

711205[/snapback]

One can only hope!

Congrats to the Canes PLAYERS....and really, that is about it...

And to all who believe there are hockey "gods", last 2 Finals:

Calgary vs Tampa Bay- Tampa Bay wins

Edmonton vs Carolina- Carolina wins...

There are NO hockey gods...or any sports gods for that matter. Zero.

So what will happen the next few years (if Bettman gets his wish)...let's examine:

2006-2007 Florida vs Detroit- Florida wins Cup

2007-2008 Atlanta vs Calgary- Atlanta wins Cup

2008-2009 Montreal vs Nashville- Nashville wins Cup

That right there is the "Bettman" dream...sigh :huh:

And to all who believe there are hockey "gods", last 2 Finals:

Calgary vs Tampa Bay- Tampa Bay wins

Edmonton vs Carolina- Carolina wins...

There are NO hockey gods...or any sports gods for that matter.  Zero.

711235[/snapback]

Funny, Ramius said about the same thing last night.

2006-2007 Florida vs Detroit-  Florida wins Cup

2007-2008 Atlanta vs Calgary-  Atlanta wins Cup

2008-2009 Montreal vs Nashville-  Nashville wins Cup

That right there is the "Bettman" dream...sigh  :huh:

711235[/snapback]

Woohoo! Go Panthers!

Up the dosage.

711394[/snapback]

I only watched the first 2 periods,( Phone call, friend had to go to the Hospital) some great Hockey.

I must say that series played out like the Tampa/Calgary series, only much faster.

Regardless of their fan base, Carolina played a greats series, I give them their due.

The Owner, on the other hand :huh:

I'm so tired of Pro-franchises holding city's hostage. But, that's the way it is. A business.

Do you think the network will be fined for the F-Bomb from the Canes player?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this.......

Congrats Canes. I wasn't rooting for you at the game last night, but I enjoyed the experience of witnessing a Stanley Cup presentation live as well as the best tradition in sports -- the post-series handshake.

I can understand the resentment of having lost to Carolina. However, the Hurricanes are a very solid hockey team. The Canes were able to throw up a defensive umbrella that forced the Sabres wide. Ward was more than adequate in net, the Canes held off the Sabres power play and they came back when they had to. The Sabres squeaked out wins all season but they came one period short of going to the finals. They simply ran out of gas. Losing the OT game in Carolina was a major missed opportunity. As for Edmonton, they gave Carolina a much better fight than I thought they were capable of doing. It was a great series. I was expecting Carolina to win 4 - 0. I believe the Sabres would have had another tight series if they met the Oilers. And as for Carolina fans turning on to hockey, why not? It is a great sport and I am very glad to have it back.

Sabres in 06-07 need a serious goal scoring threat and depth at defense. Ryan Miller may have been the second best goalie on the team. Miller is going to get better. Good luck and thanks to Martin Biron. Marty is probably going to be moving on to another team. I can't think of many athletes in any sport who maintained the backup role with such class and professionalism. Biron could have been the man with the Sabres this year with very similar results. The Sabres won't be sneaking up on anybody next year so the challenges will be different.

And Lindy Ruff is coach of the year.

Congrats Carolina!