Beer Snobs (you know who you are)

stevestojan

For my Fantasy draft next week I am packing- Heinekens, Newcastle, Hoegarden, Pacifico and Harp plus Champagne cocktails and Makers plus stocked bar.  Man I love beer....man I love wine......man I love booze.....

726539[/snapback]

The !@#$ man. Pacifico? :doh:

Let's get some good local brews going on here! Where's the good sh-- no one's heard of?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The !@#$ man.  Pacifico? :doh:

Let's get some good local brews going on here!  Where's the good sh-- no one's heard of?

726540[/snapback]

Duvel? Maximator? Framboise? Long Trail? Sapporo? Schincariol? Winhoek?

BTW Pacifico rocks! Negro Modela is quite excellent as well...

Yeesh!  You're bad!

Pacifico, Negro Modela, you sound like a local who overrates local Texas beer.s

:doh:

726544[/snapback]

no way- Lone Star is the worst beer in North America- that is beside Iron City and thats debatable

no way- Lone Star is the worst beer in North America- that is beside Iron City and thats debatable

726545[/snapback]

lol, lone star. !@#$ing christ.

I actually think Iron City isn't HORRIBLE.

Lone star? lol.

Yuengling is still my favorite brewski....though I give some unexpected props to Michelob Ultra. I was out to dinner at Outback a week ago and I ordered a tall one....they served it in a nice frozen mug and it was nice and frosty....best beer I've had in a while, though I always prefer a nice cold draft beer to drinking bottled beer at home. It really enhanced my meal.....not a bad domestic lager at all.

In the summer, if you want some real refreshing beers, yes go to some Belgian "Whites" (Bruggs, Hoegarden....) , the mexicans can do the job too (Corona and others.., the Corona being the least tasty)... but what really refreshs is a good old panaché made with any good lager or pils (panaché being beer+ lemonade) , or even better a beer-lemon (just add some lemon syrup or concentrated lemon juice to your beer).

In the summer, if you want some real refreshing beers, yes go to some Belgian "Whites" (Bruggs, Hoegarden....) , the mexicans can do the job too (Corona  and others.., the Corona being the least tasty)... but what really refreshs is a good old panaché made with any good lager or pils (panaché being beer+ lemonade) , or even better a beer-lemon (just add some lemon syrup or concentrated lemon juice to your beer).

726559[/snapback]

Sounds interesting.

Wits and Hefes are good. You might be able to get away with an alt, but it starts to border on being too heavy depending on how it is brewed. I had a couple bottles of a Dusseldorf alt last night and I probably would not drink it on a hot day. My Northern German alt, however, is very light and refreshing (1.004 FG). The FG puts me slightly out of style, but it is hidden. Very refreshing.

711159[/snapback]

Dusseldorf alt? was it a Schlosser alt?!! for me the best alt, maybe even the best beer! but yes not a beer for a hot sunny day!

Yuengling is still my favorite brewski....though I give some unexpected props to Michelob Ultra. I was out to dinner at Outback a week ago and I ordered a tall one....they served it in a nice frozen mug and it was nice and frosty....best beer I've had in a while, though I always prefer a nice cold draft beer to drinking bottled beer at home. It really enhanced my meal.....not a bad domestic lager at all.

726553[/snapback]

Of course they serve it cold in a frozen glass. Otherwise it'd taste like piss.

Dusseldorf alt? was it a Schlosser alt?!! for me the best alt, maybe even the best beer! but yes not a beer for a hot sunny day!

726562[/snapback]

Nope. It was not a Schlosser. It was from an American microbrew.

In the summer, if you want some real refreshing beers, yes go to some Belgian "Whites" (Bruggs, Hoegarden....) , the mexicans can do the job too (Corona  and others.., the Corona being the least tasty)... but what really refreshs is a good old panaché made with any good lager or pils (panaché being beer+ lemonade) , or even better a beer-lemon (just add some lemon syrup or concentrated lemon juice to your beer).

726559[/snapback]

Just my opinion, but you need to be careful with adding the lemon. There is a fine line between the right amount and WAY too much.

Personally, I have a rule of not adding anything to my beer after it has been conditioned. If you need to add something to it to make it better, it was not that good to begin with. If lemon/lime should be added, it should have been added during the brewing/fermentation process.

Just my opinion, but you need to be careful with adding the lemon. There is a fine line between the right amount and WAY too much.

Personally, I have a rule of not adding anything to my beer after it has been conditioned. If you need to add something to it to make it better, it was not that good to begin with. If lemon/lime should be added, it should have been added during the brewing/fermentation process.

726572[/snapback]

I'm still considering trying to brew some of my own, Kenneth.

I'm still considering trying to brew some of my own, Kenneth.

726576[/snapback]

Go for it. I can try to get a recipe for Killian's. :doh: I already have one for Smithwick's, if that is close enough for you.

726572[/snapback]

in fact i never do it myself any bar tender in France will make you a perfect "demi-citron"

Enticing.  Can you get a recipe for Chimay as well?

726587[/snapback]

Chimay Red, White or Blue? I have the recipe for Blue. It would not be difficult to get the one for Red or White, if that is what you prefer.

726572[/snapback]

I don't know. I kind of like the taste of a fresh squeezed lime added to certain beers. Subtle taste of lime on the bottle rim and fresh pulp. You can't get the same effect if it is added earlier. This is especially refreshing on a hot summer day by the pool.

I agree that a good beer is good on it's own.

Ever try Old Scratch? link