Beer Snobs (you know who you are)

stevestojan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peroni is good.  I find it tastes North American but has a sort of European touch to it.  It is the main beer in Italy.  Come to think of it, the reason I liked it so much was because it selling at 1$ each. :huh:

710815[/snapback]

Those green bottles always skunkify it when I've had it. I'll have to see if I can find it on tap at a respectable place sometime.

Peroni is good.  I find it tastes North American but has a sort of European touch to it.  It is the main beer in Italy.  Come to think of it, the reason I liked it so much was because it selling at 1$ each. :huh:

710815[/snapback]

When it comes to beer, here's a tip from an Italian beer snob: Italians do a lot of things right...brewing beer isn't one of them.

In the end, a good beer to drink on a regular basis without breaking the bank: Bass Ale.

Those green bottles always skunkify it when I've had it.  I'll have to see if I can find it on tap at a respectable place sometime.

711104[/snapback]

I'm with ya, I cannot think of one beer i like that comes in a green bottle

Not a beer snob by any stretch, and me thinks a lot of beer snobs like a lot of wine snobs. Look at label and price to determine if its good.

711099[/snapback]

Not a wine snob by any means...but something I like about wine is that it is equal opportunity.....with a little research, you can get a bottle for $10 that is just as good or better as one for $100. The exception to that may be the 1%(?) of the population that have palettes sophisticated enough to distinguish between the two.

Now by "just as good" I mean comparably rated....which I know is also subjective...but you get my point.

Same thing with cigars....money isn't everything.

When it comes to beer, here's a tip from an Italian beer snob: Italians do a lot of things right...brewing beer isn't one of them.

In the end, a good beer to drink on a regular basis without breaking the bank: Bass Ale.

711108[/snapback]

especially on tap. Delicious and refreshing.

Question for the Beer Snobs..lets say you have just finished playing hockey or Softball on a Hot summer day...do you still crack open one of your micro brews? To me nothing beats an ice cold Labatts Blue Light afterwards...Cold, light, and refreshing...just curious....

Question for the Beer Snobs..lets say you have just finished playing hockey or Softball on a Hot summer day...do you still crack open one of your micro brews? To me nothing beats an ice cold Labatts Blue Light afterwards...Cold, light, and refreshing...just curious....

711124[/snapback]

I love a nice Sam Summer

especially on tap.  Delicious and refreshing.

711118[/snapback]

Third that, but ya know its hard to find Bass on tap in and around London strangely enough.

Not a wine snob by any means...but something I like about wine is that it is equal opportunity.....with a little research, you can get a bottle for $10 that is just as good or better as one for $100. The exception to that may be the 1%(?) of the population that have palettes sophisticated enough to distinguish between the two.

Now by "just as good" I mean comparably rated....which I know is also subjective...but you get my point.

Thats the beauty bout wine. True story, my wife buys six bottles of 94 Opus One at the price club one staurday in late fall 97 for $42 a bottle. We store and cellar it correctly, but never had one till bout this time last year. We were in Vegas, brought it with us and paid the $30 corkage. The restuarant we were at had it on the wine list at $950 a bottle. Well, we enjoyed it and all, but dam wasn't worth $300 a bottle(asuning 300% markup)

Guess what happened to the other 5 bottles :huh:

711124[/snapback]

Yup. I would crack open a Saison. Cold, light and refreshing. Can't beat it on a hot summer day. I have a magnum bottle of Victory's V-Saison in the fridge, waiting for the first week of steady 90+ degree days.

Saison description

Not a beer snob by any stretch, and me thinks a lot of beer snobs like a lot of wine snobs. Look at label and price to determine if its good.

711099[/snapback]

IMO, price has nothing to do with it. I have had many expensive beers that taste like crap. I have also had cheap beers that taste like crap. Price does not determine quality.

711124[/snapback]

Yes. Witbiers are perfect for quenching thirst, as are Saisons like KRC mentioned. Hefeweizens or a good pilsner, not the bastardized American / Canadian versions would also be good choices.

As far as the green bottle skunking theory that is not a myth, green and clear bottles allow the wavelength of light to pass through them that initializes the chemical reaction that leads to skunking.

Your wife owns your balls, therefore your opinion does not count...

711140[/snapback]

if owning my balls means having Bills AND Sabres seaosn tickets..playing in 2 hockey leagues and a softball league..then yes she owns my balls

711124[/snapback]

That's where Corona comes into play. Some of my fellow beer snob brethren will say that this qualifies as significant demerits toward beer snobbery classification, but I have no problem downing some Coronas in situations like you describe.

That's where Corona comes into play. Some of my fellow beer snob brethren will say that this qualifies as significant demerits toward beer snobbery classification, but I have no problem downing some Coronas in situations like you describe.

711154[/snapback]

after your hockey game? :huh: