Lucky Louie

2nd eps was better than the first.......even my girl liked it haha

711367[/snapback]

The 2nd episode was far better, and incase anyone hadn't noticed the girl that play's Louie's wife is actually the voice of Bobby Hill of "King of the Hill".

OK, finally saw the first two episodes. Like most here, I thought the first was spotty. The first episodes of most sitcoms are pretty rough (ever see the first Seinfeld?). I was encoraged when, during the opening of #1, what could have been a terrible sequence of "Why?" questioning, actually turned out to be fairly brilliant. There is something here...but, can they build on it?

As for the laugh track/studio audience...know this: Usually (if not always) the live studio audience laughter is "sweetened"...that is, enhanced using laughter recorded during the taping of old sitcoms. It doesn't sound overly sweetened here (not over the top as some are)...but, it doesn't sound natural, either. It was evern worse in episode #2, I think. For the record, I despise laughter on a show (live or canned).

Show #2 was MUCH better and I really think there is something here. I like the cast although Jim Norton and Laura Kightlinger are underused, so far. I was worried about the cating of the Black neighbor couple...but, they were much better (with better material) in #2.

Oh...and I think Louie's wife is pretty hot, BTW.

For the record, I despise laughter on a show (live or canned).

711866[/snapback]

Removing the canned laughter, was the final nail in the coffin for M*A*S*H!

Also, Laura Kightlighter is a babe, and funny too! Not in Sara Silverman's leauge, but still pretty funny! Fug you Jerry Lewis! :w00t:

Removing the canned laughter, was the final nail in the coffin for M*A*S*H!

Also, Laura Kightlighter is a babe, and funny too!  Not in Sara Silverman's leauge, but still pretty funny!  Fug you Jerry Lewis! :w00t:

711906[/snapback]

Correct! LK is decent...but, she's no Sarah Silverman (who I've been a fan of for many years).

MASH had a lot of problems by the time it died...among the biggest, it became way too prechy and focused on Alan Alda. Plus, it just ran for a LONG time. The best ones were with Trapper and McLean Stevenson (sp?). Of course, the series was nothing compared to the movie, IMO...and the movie had no canned laughter, of course.

• 1 month later...

You know when I'm giving a heads up about a TV show there is something terribly wrong, however...

This Thursday starting at 8:30 p.m., HBO will air the previous four episodes of Lucky Louie back-to-back.

In my opinion, you're hard-pressed to find anything on the tube as funny as this show. Absolutely nothing is sacred.

You know when I'm giving a heads up about a TV show there is something terribly wrong, however...

This Thursday starting at 8:30 p.m., HBO will air the previous four episodes of Lucky Louie back-to-back.

In my opinion, you're hard-pressed to find anything on the tube as funny as this show. Absolutely nothing is sacred.

732963[/snapback]

I'll second that. Deadwood > Entourage > Lucky Louie on Sunday nights is really the only live TV I watch anymore.

Nope. Just thought it was a pretty good basic idea for a show and saw a couple episodes and wondered what people thought.

733515[/snapback]

I know you don't want to reveal much about your career so I won't ask for particular names of things you have written for... but what kind of stuff are you normally doing? And no, I am not looking you to see my "treatment" or anything else... I am just curious.

I know you don't want to reveal much about your career so I won't ask for particular names of things you have written for... but what kind of stuff are you normally doing? And no, I am not looking you to see my "treatment" or anything else... I am just curious.

733548[/snapback]

He mostly has done Mel Gibson screenplays, but as of late he's been trying to recover with some side stuff for Vivid.