If you were Marv,

scribo

Just for fun... If you were the GM of the current Bills, which position on the current roster would you trade for to fill? For the sake of this exercise, let's not look at what players/teams are looking to trade. Just figure out which one position is in the most need to be filled with a veteran from another team.

I wouild say left end, and I would be willing to give as much as a second round pick for someone who would immediately solidify the position. He wouldn't have to a be a superstar, but he would have to worthy of starting 16 games and being able to play all three downs.

Mike Gandy worries me, he was never known as a steady, injury free player. Gandy did well last year, but he had a lot to prove. IF he goes down this year, it will be a MAJOR blow to the development of this o-line AGAIN.

I would have to say a true Left Tackle should be a priority. Matt Moragn has been in and out of Practice Squads over the last few years and coudn't stick and Brad Butler is injured and hasn't done a whole lot of the mini-camps or OTAs because of it.

The next closest players that could take over would be Geisinger, Gibson, or Jerman.

Mike Gandy worries me, he was never known as a steady, injury free player. Gandy did well last year, but he had a lot to prove. IF he goes down this year, it will be a MAJOR blow to the development of this o-line AGAIN.

I would have to say a true Left Tackle should be a priority. Matt Moragn has been in and out of Practice Squads over the last few years and coudn't stick and Brad Butler is injured and hasn't done a whole lot of the mini-camps or OTAs because of it.

The next closest players that could take over would be Geisinger, Gibson, or Jerman.

710417[/snapback]

That is a very good point. There really is no depth at either offensive tackle position. So, what is a decent LT worth to you?

Just for fun... If you were the GM of the current Bills, which position on the current roster would you trade for to fill? For the sake of this exercise, let's not look at what players/teams are looking to trade. Just figure out which one position is in the most need to be filled with a veteran from another team.

I wouild say left end, and I would be willing to give as much as a second round pick for someone who would immediately solidify the position. He wouldn't have to a be a superstar, but he would have to worthy of starting 16 games and being able to play all three downs.

710396[/snapback]

A new QB and RB. All of TD's selections seemed to never pan out. Toss the pan out and start again with a new recipe. The cake stunk.

710417[/snapback]

If any of those 3 are staring at LT, I am going to have to consume at least 3 times my normal amount of alcohol during the game. I mean........JERMAN an LT?? :P:P

I would probably lapse into a coma. ;)

Every position except for players brought in through free agency who will start and Moorman. Everybody else should be trade bait. This team was very bad last year and until they prove it on the field I don't see where they are that much better.

If any of those 3 are staring at LT, I am going to have to consume at least 3 times my normal amount of alcohol during the game. I mean........JERMAN an LT?? :P  :P

I would probably lapse into a coma.  ;)

710520[/snapback]

And three times the amount of Rolaids, Tums, or whatever you prefer :P

At this stage of the game I suspect I'd be looking for a good gaurd or tackle. The offensive line is the biggest need area left. ML and DJ have addressed a number of weak areas on defense but I still believe you gotta have some top flight trench guys to do anything. Furthermore I suspect that there will be some second level or veteran (older) first level players on the block even at this game. I wouldn't look for a blockbuster trade at this point but I think really thorough analysis and evaluation might come up with a player or two to improve the offensive line.

If they were going to make a trade (which I doubt they will) it would probably be for depth on the o-line (or someone to come in and beat out one of our existing o-linemen for a job) and would probably be dealt for a draft pick and one of our MANY WR's. We have the WR's to spare, and I'm sure they would prefer to trade one then just let them go free and get nothing for them.

Definitely 1-tech DT. You can hide scrubs on the OL a lot easier than scrubs at DT.

If you can't stop the run, you don't win.

711092[/snapback]

In a conventional defensive scheme its all about the DT's stopping the run, in the cover 2 they penetrate the pocket while the LB's come in and help stop the run. Thats why having smaller DT's are the kind of DT's Marv and Dick were looking for this offseason

In a conventional defensive scheme its all about the DT's stopping the run, in the cover 2 they penetrate the pocket while the LB's come in and help stop the run. Thats why having smaller DT's are the kind of DT's Marv and Dick were looking for this offseason

711155[/snapback]

Being smaller DT's in cover 2 doesn't mean that Tim Anderson isn't a scrub and Kyle Williams isn't ready for prime time. I'll still upgrade at 1-tech. :)

Since this is a fantasy thread, I'll trade Anderson & Williams to Philly for Broderick Bunkley. :huh:

DT. Irrelevant of how good or bad the players we have already are, we need numbers for rotation & depth for injuries. It may be possible that those players backing up at the moment might develop but.....there are big enough questions about our starters(top 3) themselves. I wouldn't mind seeing a (suitable for system) old vet traded for as insurance over the next couple of seasons.

As it is at the moment(similar to last year), 1 injury & we find ourselves in a massive hole....massive enough to let RBs run through easily.

710396[/snapback]

I guess it depends on what we are trading?

If we trading to get the dreaded "servicable player then I would say someone to push Tim Anderson on DT.

If your looking for an real upgrade, a solid starter for years to come, then I would love to se us upgrade the OT position right now.

At this point only a guy with legal, cap, or injury trouble is likely to be traded. Plus you have to give up some quality in return.

Now with the condition that you are the GM and not the coach, you wait for the final cuts and pick up a player with "pontential" on the waiver wire. Bills waiver claims are relatively high priority.

Remember this year the cut to 65 then 53 are 5 days apart.

It will be a frantic week.

If any of those 3 are staring at LT, I am going to have to consume at least 3 times my normal amount of alcohol during the game. I mean........JERMAN an LT?? :P  :D

I would probably lapse into a coma.  :)

710520[/snapback]

Suppose Gandy went down with a season-ending injury. To avoid a guy like Jerman starting at left taclke, the Bills would have to trade for a veteran player. A guy old enough to have experience, but young enough to have upside. You want a guy who has athletic ability, and who just needs the kind of coaching McNally can provide.

In other words, the Bills would have to trade for Mike Williams! :lol: