Carolina, Not Handling Adversity

Did someone twist your arm and force you to type on your keyboard in response to this thread?  Do you really think you're going to change my mind -- particularly when you pull bogus "facts" out of your arse?

710102[/snapback]

Typical response when there really isn't anything you can say about that stuff. Get over it, the Sabres are out.............but as they say down here in the "redneck" south......Hey, there's always Nascar......after all, it gets about 10 times the TV ratings that the NHL does every week. They even have a TV deal if I'm not mistaken. These ignorant southerners must be on to something. At about 125,000 people per race.

Disclaimer: I actually hate Nascar.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys on OLN said it the other night, that there hasn't been a louder arena than Raleigh that they experienced all year.

All of their games sold out, and would have sold out with or without Buffalo fans.

You've heard........."Let's go Buffalo" in Raleigh. Again, who cares? I sit in my season tix at Bills games, and here J-E-T-S chants too. Does that mean we are bandwagon Bills fans? After all, our season ticket base is one of the lowest in the NFL. Are Buffalo fans bandwagon. I saw 25,000 Pittsburgh Steelers fans in the Ralph 2 seasons ago that made me sick. I saw about 15,000 Raiders fans in the Ralph three years ago. I see 10,000 plus Pats fans in the Ralph every year. Does that make us a bad football city?

Are Sabres fans really all that great? Wasn't the team all but pretty much folded up and about defunct about 5 years ago?

Ok, piece by piece....the OLN shills are full of sh-- and have been all playoffs. When they were in Buffalo, and Edmonton, they were obviously speaking at the top of their voice. Watch the tape if you have them....they are hearing the crowd noise and responding to it..not so in Carolina....they are still pumping in noise and music, and it is still not as loud...so the announcers aren't doing the shouted intros in Carolina that they have to do elsewhere. The loud Carolina crowd is a myth.

They would have sold out otherwise........there weren't tickets elsewhere for Carolina fans to buy anywhere else. Get a clue. It's passion and knowledge.

As far as chants...were those regular season or playoff games you heard that at??????????????????? thought so.

And if you don't know the bankruptcy saga and what the cause of it was, do a search on Rigas and scandal and do some reading stupid. Or better yet, go jerk off another no knowledge Divercaine fan on one of their boards and leave the hockey to people who know what they are watching.

710103[/snapback]

You're right. There is always an excuse for Buffalo fans. Nobody else can use excuses, but hey, Buffalo fan can. After all, this post is all about excuses, of course though, it's only allowed if you're a Buffalo fan.

I can't even re-butt this stuff. You're obviously still jealous the Sabres are out and you can't even objectively look at anything objective yet.

But but but.....in Buffalo, this is what happened......but but but.....everyone else is stupid..................but but but...............sometimes it gets clearer why the great city of Buffalo is in the shape it is.

Excuse me.  I live here -- have for the last 9 years.  What the hell does how beautiful it is have to do with the bandwagon fans here?  I know of what I speak.  The Canes' fans are as bandwagon as they come.  Fan jealousy?  Give me a break.  I was there and HEARD the "Let's Go, Buffalo" chants at the RBC Center.  The Canes beat the friggin' Rochester Americans in the EC Finals -- and needed 7 games to do it.  Eric Cole was lost at the halfway point in the season, and Carolina had plenty of time to adjust to his absence.  They finally face some adversity in the form of injuries in the Finals and we're supposed to sympathize?

If there is such a thing as "hockey justice," Edomonton wins Monday night.

710092[/snapback]

Oh, by the way, Eric Cole was lost on March 4th. That's at about the 60 game mark of the NHL season. I believe NHL'ers play around 80. To redneck hockey fans, that's way more than the "halfway" point.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  And who fuggin cares?  Seriously.  WHO CARES?  We had a couple of playoff games in the 90's that Ralph had to buy the remaining tickets for did we not?  Hockey is new to Raleigh.  No one plays it growing up.  No one really knew the NHL existed 10 yrs ago.  Most people spend their money on UNC, Duke, and NC State season tickets for basketball and football in that area.  So, who cares?  They are building their fan base now.  It will continue to grow, and it is one of the best arena's in the league as far as atmosphere.  The guys on OLN said it the other night, that there hasn't been a louder arena than Raleigh that they experienced all year.  It's a start.  It's relatively new.  It's a basketball and college town area.  Big fuggin deal.  All of their games sold out, and would have sold out with or without Buffalo fans.  Sabre fans were just smart enough to know the urgency in getting seats alot quicker.  Something Canes fans aren't accustomed to yet.

You've heard........."Let's go Buffalo" in Raleigh.  Again, who cares?  I sit in my season tix at Bills games, and here J-E-T-S chants too.  Does that mean we are bandwagon Bills fans?  After all, our season ticket base is one of the lowest in the NFL.  Are Buffalo fans bandwagon.  I saw 25,000 Pittsburgh Steelers fans in the Ralph 2 seasons ago that made me sick.  I saw about 15,000 Raiders fans in the Ralph three years ago.  I see 10,000 plus Pats fans in the Ralph every year.  Does that make us a bad football city?

Give it a rest man.

Are Sabres fans really all that great?  Wasn't the team all but pretty much folded up and about defunct about 5 years ago?

The start of this post wasn't necessarily about bandwagon, it was more about the Redneck part of things, and from Buffalo people nonetheless.   Because the I-79 and I-90 corridors are a beacon of modernization of success.  Jesus.

No one asked for sympathy, it's just old seeing how jealous Buffalo fans get.  Our day will come.  The Bills will win it all, and we'll be on top one day.  Until then, quit being so damn bitter.

710097[/snapback]

Nice cheapshot remark in the middle of your post :P. The bankruptcy situation had everything to do with our former owner, and nothing to do with the quality of the fanbase. You knew that, and are just being a dick.

What's more disturbing, though, is how much you love to bash the city of Buffalo, the fanbase of Buffalo, and then at the end of your post refer to the Bills as your team :P .

Your time here is done, Panthers troll. Go leave this board for good.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Get over it man.  Seriously, Lindy Ruff is one of the biggest crybabies in the game.  The stuff with Laviolette is old.  Ruff is one of the most annoying whiners in hockey, but all of sudden, hard luck Sabres fans like to single him out.  What a joke.

Like you said, Weight was already there.  Mark Recchi is about 1/4 of the player that Eric Cole is at this stage in his career.  When Recchi came from Pittsburgh to Carolina he was a noticeable step slower than most of the Canes on the ice.  He has had his moments, but they have been few and far between.  Eric Cole is a playmaker and one of the league's superstars in the making.  Losing him was as big as any team losing anyone.  And yes, they got Recchi, however, as has been stated by their GM, their target was a rugged defenseman at the trade deadline, but instead they had to settle for Recchi, and all because of a cheap shot from Pittsburgh's Brooks Orpik on the boarding that occured on Cole.  They still would have been better with a defenseman instead of Recchi, IMO.

I dont' give a damn who it is.  The Canes were down 2-0 going on the road and came back and handled an up and coming Montreal team.  #7 seeded Montreal, who kind of look like a cheap version, but same kind of makeup as Edmonton.  I think that is a pretty formiddable series win.  #7 Montreal can't be that bad, after all, #8 Edmonton looks pretty damn good to me.

I don't care if it's the Oilers #12 goalie.  The Canes went away from Gerber, and went to a rookie in net.  A rookie who had to handle himself on the road to start his playoff career and handled it well.  I hardly feel bad for Edmonton having to go to their 3rd stringer.

I don't care when or why the timeout occured.  An ass beating is an ass-beating.  Edmonton rolled tonight, and had all kinds of 'Mo coming back from Raleigh with the OT win.  Who the hell didn't think that would happen, especially when Weight was out.  The Canes really missed his passing tonight.

Game 7's anything can happen.  Should be awesome to watch.  I think you are correct though, I kinda agree that we probably won't see Weight anymore this season.

710088[/snapback]

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  And who fuggin cares?  Seriously.  WHO CARES?  We had a couple of playoff games in the 90's that Ralph had to buy the remaining tickets for did we not?  Hockey is new to Raleigh.  No one plays it growing up.  No one really knew the NHL existed 10 yrs ago.  Most people spend their money on UNC, Duke, and NC State season tickets for basketball and football in that area.  So, who cares?  They are building their fan base now.  It will continue to grow, and it is one of the best arena's in the league as far as atmosphere.  The guys on OLN said it the other night, that there hasn't been a louder arena than Raleigh that they experienced all year.  It's a start.  It's relatively new.  It's a basketball and college town area.  Big fuggin deal.  All of their games sold out, and would have sold out with or without Buffalo fans.  Sabre fans were just smart enough to know the urgency in getting seats alot quicker.  Something Canes fans aren't accustomed to yet.

You've heard........."Let's go Buffalo" in Raleigh.  Again, who cares?  I sit in my season tix at Bills games, and here J-E-T-S chants too.  Does that mean we are bandwagon Bills fans?  After all, our season ticket base is one of the lowest in the NFL.  Are Buffalo fans bandwagon.  I saw 25,000 Pittsburgh Steelers fans in the Ralph 2 seasons ago that made me sick.  I saw about 15,000 Raiders fans in the Ralph three years ago.  I see 10,000 plus Pats fans in the Ralph every year.  Does that make us a bad football city?

Give it a rest man.

Are Sabres fans really all that great?  Wasn't the team all but pretty much folded up and about defunct about 5 years ago?

The start of this post wasn't necessarily about bandwagon, it was more about the Redneck part of things, and from Buffalo people nonetheless.  Because the I-79 and I-90 corridors are a beacon of modernization of success.  Jesus.

No one asked for sympathy, it's just old seeing how jealous Buffalo fans get.  Our day will come.  The Bills will win it all, and we'll be on top one day.  Until then, quit being so damn bitter.

710097[/snapback]

Nah, to me, it's ironic that the people who claim that Laviolette is a whiner, have done nothing but whine since the Sabres got bounced. 

And please enlighten me on Eric Cole.  This outta be real good.

Real hockey town?  How'd the Sabres franchise look about 5 years ago?  Just wondering.

710099[/snapback]

Typical response when there really isn't anything you can say about that stuff.  Get over it, the Sabres are out.............but as they say down here in the "redneck" south......Hey, there's always Nascar......after all, it gets about 10 times the TV ratings that the NHL does every week.  They even have a TV deal if I'm not mistaken.  These ignorant southerners must be on to something.  At about 125,000 people per race.

Disclaimer:  I actually hate Nascar.

710104[/snapback]

You're right.  There is always an excuse for Buffalo fans.  Nobody else can use excuses, but hey, Buffalo fan can.  After all, this post is all about excuses, of course though, it's only allowed if you're a Buffalo fan.

I can't even re-butt this stuff. You're obviously still jealous the Sabres are out and you can't even objectively look at anything objective yet. 

But but but.....in Buffalo, this is what happened......but but but.....everyone else is stupid..................but but but...............sometimes it gets clearer why the great city of Buffalo is in the shape it is.

710107[/snapback]

Oh, by the way, Eric Cole was lost on March 4th.  That's at about the 60 game mark of the NHL season.  I believe NHL'ers play around 80.  To redneck hockey fans, that's way more than the "halfway" point.

710111[/snapback]

Everyone, before you post, please read the stupidity that is Lv-Bills.

Lv, why the !@#$ are you even a Bills fan?

You're right.  There is always an excuse for Buffalo fans.  Nobody else can use excuses, but hey, Buffalo fan can.  After all, this post is all about excuses, of course though, it's only allowed if you're a Buffalo fan.

710107[/snapback]

Yea, that's right douchebag, if you can't refute the facts, attack the messenger. GREAT JOB!!! LV-Bills roxxor!!!!! Try answering the substantive portions of the post, or shut your !@#$ing stupid mouth.

Get over it man.  Seriously, Lindy Ruff is one of the biggest crybabies in the game.  The stuff with Laviolette is old.  Ruff is one of the most annoying whiners in hockey, but all of sudden, hard luck Sabres fans like to single him out.  What a joke.

I don't care if it's the Oilers #12 goalie.  The Canes went away from Gerber, and went to a rookie in net.  A rookie who had to handle himself on the road to start his playoff career and handled it well.  I hardly feel bad for Edmonton having to go to their 3rd stringer.

I don't care when or why the timeout occured.  An ass beating is an ass-beating.  Edmonton rolled tonight, and had all kinds of 'Mo coming back from Raleigh with the OT win.  Who the hell didn't think that would happen, especially when Weight was out.  The Canes really missed his passing tonight.

Game 7's anything can happen.  Should be awesome to watch.  I think you are correct though, I kinda agree that we probably won't see Weight anymore this season.

710088[/snapback]

You should be ashamed. This sounds like homophobic whorshipping to me.

Typical response when there really isn't anything you can say about that stuff.  Get over it, the Sabres are out.............but as they say down here in the "redneck" south......Hey, there's always Nascar......after all, it gets about 10 times the TV ratings that the NHL does every week.  They even have a TV deal if I'm not mistaken.  These ignorant southerners must be on to something.  At about 125,000 people per race.

Disclaimer:  I actually hate Nascar.

710104[/snapback]

Typical responses from someone obviously losing the argument. Thanks for playing, douche bag.

Why bring up the Sabres? Feeling a little less than adequate in your pants? This thread is about Carolina not handling the adversity they faced. I said nothing about the Sabres.

Like you said, Weight was already there.  Mark Recchi is about 1/4 of the player that Eric Cole is at this stage in his career.  When Recchi came from Pittsburgh to Carolina he was a noticeable step slower than most of the Canes on the ice.  He has had his moments, but they have been few and far between.  Eric Cole is a playmaker and one of the league's superstars in the making.  Losing him was as big as any team losing anyone.  And yes, they got Recchi, however, as has been stated by their GM, their target was a rugged defenseman at the trade deadline, but instead they had to settle for Recchi, and all because of a cheap shot from Pittsburgh's Brooks Orpik on the boarding that occured on Cole.  They still would have been better with a defenseman instead of Recchi, IMO.

Whose whining now? Your team lost a talented player while gaining two. You can make all the lame excuses you want - but that's all they are.

I dont' give a damn who it is.  The Canes were down 2-0 going on the road and came back and handled an up and coming Montreal team.  #7 seeded Montreal, who kind of look like a cheap version, but same kind of makeup as Edmonton.  I think that is a pretty formiddable series win.  #7 Montreal can't be that bad, after all, #8 Edmonton looks pretty damn good to me.

Yeah, you're right. Seeding comparison somehow matters because it's pretty regular for #8 seeds to be one win away for the Stanley Cup [/sarcasm]. It's almost like you're trying to outlame each prior argument where the next is concerned.

Ah, so when your lame argument is tossed back your way, you don't care about it. Shocking.

So Weight is now an important player. Got it. So Edmonton had momentum because they won in Carolina and were playing at home. Does that mean they have even more momentum because now they've won two in a row, dominated completely, and are physically in better shape?

710088[/snapback]

There's finally a paragraph I can agree with.

Carolina doesn't handle adversity well, because, since after the 1st round, they have't had to. Carolina has gotten endless numbers of breaks, fortunate injuries. Hell, if Roloson hadn't gone down in game 1, Edmonton probably would have carried the cup around last night. LV Bills fan needs to take the blinders off, because the fact is, his team has lucked, not earned, where they are right now, and since game 4, the bounces have stopped going their way. And they don't know what to do. I'm really hoping Carolina loses on Monday and Lavlioette wins coach of the year, so I have a picture to put in my dictionary next to "irony".

Hockey is new to Raleigh.  No one plays it growing up.  No one really knew the NHL existed 10 yrs ago.  Most people spend their money on UNC, Duke, and NC State season tickets for basketball and football in that area.  So, who cares?  They are building their fan base now. 

710097[/snapback]

I have to disagree. Half of the fan base of the Canes did grow up with hockey, they also grew up rooting for another team while living in another part of the country. That's not a recipe for a fan base that is going to stick it out with you through rough times. That's a fan base that can be rightfully called bandwagoners. I honestly don't think hockey will survive here, like you said there are too many other sports that grab people's $ and attention during the fall and winter months. I hope that I'm wrong though because I do enjoy being able to see the Sabres play here in the regular season in a 3/4 full arena.

Give it a rest man.

The start of this post wasn't necessarily about bandwagon, it was more about the Redneck part of things, and from Buffalo people nonetheless.  Because the I-79 and I-90 corridors are a beacon of modernization of success.  Jesus.

710097[/snapback]

LOL, not handle adversity?  They lost one of the top three forwards in the whole NHL in the latter stages of the season.  They overcame it.  They were down 2-0 in the first round of the playoffs and heading on the road in the first round.  They won.  They switched to a rookie as a go to goaltender in the playoffs.  They still won three Eastern Conference Series.  They were on the road tonight in a great hockey atmosphere without Doug Weight, and Eric Cole back for the first time.  Anyone betting, would have bet on Edmonton. 

They'll be fine in Raleigh Monday night.  Brind'Amour, Weight and the rest of their vets won't crap themselves at home in a game 7.  It's been a great series.  Awesome that we have a game 7.  At this point, every team remaining has handled some kind of adversity.

710072[/snapback]

Do you know how I know you're gay?

They folded like a cheap lawn chair tonight.  With 5 minutes to go, they have been outshot 34-11 and outscored 4-0.  The Oilers have been absolutely killing them and the small emotional lift the return of Eric Cole may have given the Whalercanes was quickly and efficiently squashed by Edmonton's physical game.

Game 7 is Monday night.

710067[/snapback]

Indeed, they sucked the big one. THis is very bad for them, they needed at least a good showing to carry some momentum over for game 7...

That was a hell of a game, just incredible energy by a young team relentlessly grinding down Carolina's older players. I just wish the Oil could've bottled some of that Rexal Place atmosphere to take with them...I have a sneaking suspicion they'll be battling more than one team Monday night.

It would be such poetic justice to see the Canes' fall on their face. Almost make up for some of the pain of the Sabres defeat.

Bandwagon "redneck" fans.  As opposed to above everyone else, unemployed, and mostly fat, northern, run down city, out of business union fans.

Give it rest man.  The Sabres fans' jealousy is sickening already.  Raleigh is a beautiful place t live, and is night and day from Buffalo.

Im not suggesting that Carolina is not a damn good hockey team, they are...but as a Sabres fan I feel cheated...and not saying that the Canes cheated...I just wish the Sabres even had 2 of those d-men for Game 7...that changed completely how the game was played by the Sabres, and to suggest oterwise is foolish talk.

And yes, you go.  You can't beat a game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.  The atmosphere will be once in a lifetime.

710089[/snapback]

Jealousy? How about recognizing that the Canes were given a HUGE break without the Sabres having 4 of their TOP defenceman.....I do not care what level you play at, college, minors, or the NHL...you take away 4 of the top d-men away from ANY team and you let me know if that will affect them.

Jealousy..over what, a team that can barely sellout CONFERENCE FINAL playoff games??? :P:):P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also, it seems you take great joy in bashing WNY....and you are a Bills fan?? :P