Mike Williams

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=99641

'The early returns in Jacksonville on OL Mike Williams aren't good. The former first-round pick of the Bills is out of shape and nowhere near his target weight of 340. He also has been slow to pick up the blocking schemes, prompting coach Jack Del Rio to say Williams faces an uphill battle to make the team.'

;):lol::lol::):)

'The early returns in Jacksonville on OL Mike Williams aren't good. The former first-round pick of the Bills is out of shape and nowhere near his target weight of 340. He also has been slow to pick up the blocking schemes, prompting coach Jack Del Rio to say Williams faces an uphill battle to make the team.'

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

706917[/snapback]

hard to make the team in Jacksonville when you sign with Tampa Bay. :huh:

:huh:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

706917[/snapback]

I have a hard time believing Del Rio. When Jax first signed him I saw a quote from Donahoe. Donahoe said it was a great pickup. Clearly Del Rio is wrong.

:huh:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

706917[/snapback]

Watch him get cut and actually sign with Tampa...

y'know, the whole mike williams thing kills me. i'd love to know what went on behind the scenes in the draft room. i wonder who among the bills staff was a nay vote on williams. i wonder if donahoe vetoed criticism and picked the guy. donahoe has a rich history of drafting bad linemen.

but we were all fooled, too. mike lacks what you can't see on tape: desire. the dude just doesn't love the game, and no matter how much he tries, he can't maximize his physical potential. I think that HE is what belichick was referring to when he called the bills oline 'horsesh--' in that book a couple years back.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

706917[/snapback]

But from this quote in the article, it says detroit signed him... :huh:

There's growing concern among team insiders that the Lions never will find a way to motivate Mike Williams, whose desire to play has come into question. Williams, fined repeatedly for being late to meetings as a rookie last year, was suspended for the final two days of a recent mandatory minicamp for missing a treatment and being late for a meeting.

But from this quote in the article, it says detroit signed him... :huh:

706966[/snapback]

I wonder how many "Mike Williams" there are in the NFL???

Detroit has a WR that weights about 250lbs less than the tackle the Bills cut AND that Detroit Mike Williams is over weight and out of shape too.

y'know, the whole mike williams thing kills me. i'd love to know what went on behind the scenes in the draft room. i wonder who among the bills staff was a nay vote on williams. i wonder if donahoe vetoed criticism and picked the guy. donahoe has a rich history of drafting bad linemen.

but we were all fooled, too. mike lacks what you can't see on tape: desire. the dude just doesn't love the game, and no matter how much he tries, he can't maximize his physical potential. I think that HE is what belichick was referring to when he called the bills oline 'horsesh--' in that book a couple years back.

706941[/snapback]

I was at a draft day party in the Jim Kelly club that day. Place was packed. We drafted MW and later that day traded for Drew B. I tell you the electricity at that party was such that you could make your Bills Super Bowl plans that day. Everyone was HYPED up!!!

Who would have thought that actually it may have been the darkest day in Bills history. Of course the 4 SB losses aside

The former first-round pick of the Bills is out of shape and nowhere near his target weight of 340.

706917[/snapback]

Target weight of 340???? You could cut off his head and both of his breasts and he wouldn't be anywhere near 340.

I've always thought that Mike Williams simply doesn't like football. I think he was just a gigantic kid who was agile and powerful enough to dominate. He saw football as his opportunity to a good life and did what he had to do to get there. I guess you can't fault anyone trying to improve their life. In fact, I won't be suprised if he retires if he doesn't make Jacksonville.

funny how williams was quoted in an article not too long ago about how much easier it would be to get in shape in jacksonville instead of buffalo

707300[/snapback]

LIttle did we know, the shape he was talking about was a circle

C'mon now.....Is there anybody left who still wants to make the case that Fatso was the right pick, and that TD was right to pass up McKinnie? :lol::):)

I have been wrong about my Bills predictions WAY too many times, but once in a while I get it right.

A good rule of thumb is to go with a proven LT over a fat, injured, headcase RT with the #4 selection in a draft. This arrogance and idiocy marked the downfall and incompetence of Donahoe, even more than the trade for JP.

C'mon now.....Is there anybody left who still wants to make the case that Fatso was the right pick, and that TD was right to pass up McKinnie?  :)  :)  :lol:

I have been wrong about my Bills predictions WAY too many times, but once in a while I get it right.

A good rule of thumb is to go with a proven LT over a fat, injured, headcase RT with the #4 selection in a draft. This arrogance and idiocy marked the downfall and incompetence of Donahoe, even more than the trade for JP.

707471[/snapback]

But Mel Kiper said it was a great move and Fat Mike could easily flip to LT. :lol:

(Of course, now that the experts are taking shots at Marv, they're all assclowns.)

I've always thought that Mike Williams simply doesn't like football.  I think he was just a gigantic kid who was agile and powerful enough to dominate.  He saw football as his opportunity to a good life and did what he had to do to get there.

I think he likes PLAYING football, I just don't think he wants to put in the work it takes to make it in the NFL. In college his god-given talent was enough to allow him to dominate, but in the pros, where you're facing great players on every play, it takes more than just god-given talent.