USA! USA! USA!

Pete

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fellas, don't mean to brag but I'm heading out the door and catching the next train to Gelsenkirchen from Dusseldorf. I've been here for two days and it is freaking amazing. I thought Stanley Cup Playoffs in Buffalo was nuts but in the end, nothing compares to the craziness of being at a World Cup.

It will convert any soccer-hater. I can't tell you how many Americans I ran into here that flat out stated he hated soccer, got dragged to a big game and fell in love. Now they travel around the world to watch the team play.

We're expecting a big US turnout, hopefully that's true. Also, I think the entire islands of Trindad and Tobago showed up. There's sooooo many Soca Warriors here it makes no sense. I still can't believe they tied Sweden.

Oh USA!!! USA! USA! USA!

Hey fellas, don't mean to brag but I'm heading out the door and catching the next train to Gelsenkirchen from Dusseldorf. I've been here for two days and it is freaking amazing. I thought Stanley Cup Playoffs in Buffalo was nuts but in the end, nothing compares to the craziness of being at a World Cup.

It will convert any soccer-hater. I can't tell you how many Americans I ran into here that flat out stated he hated soccer, got dragged to a big game and fell in love. Now they travel around the world to watch the team play.

We're expecting a big US turnout, hopefully that's true. Also, I think the entire islands of Trindad and Tobago showed up. There's sooooo many Soca Warriors here it makes no sense. I still can't believe they tied Sweden.

Oh USA!!! USA! USA! USA!

706903[/snapback]

You are one lucky bastard.

Oh USA!!! USA! USA! USA!

706903[/snapback]

Good for you Mr Clutch, I am jealous. Have a great time. I watched the 2nd half of that Sweden game, man that was awesome. They said on the tube that country has bout1.3M population. Thats like Buffalo fielding a team and taking on the best in the world. That draw was awesome, and you could just see the joy in those guy faces.

I'll be watching today, even though I do not know a ton bout futbol, am pumped for the WC.

Oh USA!!! USA! USA! USA!

706903[/snapback]

You bastard. I wish I was there.

Oh USA!!! USA! USA! USA!

706903[/snapback]

You ROCK, Clutch.....I hope you have a great time while you're there!! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Poo-Ess-Ay?  Poo-Ess-Ay?  Poo-Ess-Ay?

Good luck guys... :lol:  I'll be watching tonight.

Anything is better than the England game on Saturday - it was horrible!

707003[/snapback]

Hey, at least you got the W! Plus, it was on network TV here in the States. Even today's USA game isn't being shown on network (I guess they don't want to pre-empt the "View" and General Hospital. :huh:

Hey, at least you got the W!  Plus, it was on network TV here in the States.  Even today's USA game isn't being shown on network (I guess they don't want to pre-empt the "View" and General Hospital.  :huh:

707009[/snapback]

it's on ESPN and Sportsnet.

Hey, at least you got the W!  Plus, it was on network TV here in the States.  Even today's USA game isn't being shown on network (I guess they don't want to pre-empt the "View" and General Hospital.  :huh:

707009[/snapback]

I guess Paraguay has a big following in the US then??? :lol:

Will you guys get to see the Trinidad & Tobago vs England game? Apparantly WAYNE Rooney is set to play.

I guess Paraguay has a big following in the US then??? :huh:

Will you guys get to see the Trinidad & Tobago vs England game? Apparantly WAYNE Rooney is set to play.

707013[/snapback]

Have cheeseburger sales increased when Rooney stepped foot in Germany?

I guess Paraguay has a big following in the US then??? :lol:

707013[/snapback]

:huh:

Lots of England fans around here....even more in NYC.

Yes, the T&T game will be on ESPN here. Good luck to you guys....we've love to end up with a USA-England match down the road!