uh oh

kgun

Bills | Team held recent discussions with Rosenhaus

Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:18:57 -0700

..................McGahee's absence from their facilities this spring did concern the team enough to send running backs coach Eric Studesville to Miami recently to make contact with the player.

This is all --- repeat ALL --- posturing and drama for the upcoming contract (re)negotiations.

And you know what? I hate drama. Especially one that's directed by Drew Rosenass.

Show up or not, the Buffalo Bills are more than Willis McGahee. Maybe he'll find that out someday.

CHA-CHING!!! ;)

706689[/snapback]

While I hope McGahee turns out to be the best RB in the league, he has certainly not shown us that. Therefore I find it impossible to believe that he is posturing for renegotiations right now. He and Rosenhaus would be dealing from a position of weakness right now.

IF McGahee has a spectacular season this year, (over 2000 total yards) then we can expect to see some serious posturing going into the 2007 season. Rosenhaus though not well liked is no fool. He will not renegotiate from a position of weakness. Expect Willis to play this year as though this were his contract year, he will be motivated by the $ signs he sees at the end of that road.

Um, I dont want to sound like an ass, but the guys that posted already can read right?  The Bills sent the RB's coach to see whats up with Willis.

The Bills just want to know what he is doing.

Nothing about Rosenhaus contacting the Bills about a contract.

706696[/snapback]

Actually the unsubstantiated quote with no link reads, "Bills | Team held recent discussions with Rosenhaus" and "McGahee's absence from their facilities this spring did concern the team enough to send running backs coach Eric Studesville to Miami recently to make contact with the player."

So I think that it is fair for anyone to comment on either idea.

Actually the unsubstantiated quote with no link reads, "Bills | Team held recent discussions with Rosenhaus" and "McGahee's absence from their facilities this spring did concern the team enough to send running backs coach Eric Studesville to Miami recently to make contact with the player."

So I think that it is fair for anyone to comment on either idea.

706697[/snapback]

Well, obviously the conversation with Rosenhaus went like this, "WHERE THE HELL IS WILLIS MCGAHEE??"

So the Bills sent their RB coach down to see whats up.

If it was a contract issue, the RB coach would not be the guy going down to Miami.

Mini Camps start next week, and its mandatory. I think the Bills are having a problem contacting Willis, or atleast they were.

FYI Rosenwhatshisname is also the new rep for London Fletcher too.

Talking with Drew is what the team is supposed to do. Unclench your panties.

Per front page article:

London taps Drew

Bills linebacker London Fletcher is entering the final year of his contract in Buffalo and recently switched to one of the game's most high-profile agents, going from Tony Paige to Drew Rosenhaus.

Fletcher likes Buffalo and thinks he has earned a contract extension from the Bills with his play over the past four years.

Rosenhaus confirmed that he will pursue the subject of an extension with the Bills but didn't want to go into specifics.

"All I can say about it is I have a good relationship with the Bills organization, and we're talking about it," Rosenhaus said.

Asked if Fletcher would be at the mandatory minicamp this week, Rosenhaus said, "Of course he will."

The Bills have gotten everything they could have asked out of Fletcher since they signed him to a five-year, $16 million contract in 2002. He has never missed a game in his career. He leads the entire league in tackles over the past six years, according to the NFL's unofficial statistics. He has been a team leader on and off the field.

Fletcher just turned 31. It will be interesting to see how highly the Bills' new regime values him from a financial standpoint. [\quote]

I really can't wait until WM is NOT a Bill...Seriously...

706711[/snapback]

Me, as well. Seriously.

I just hope the starting RB job is in the hands of somebody that is classy and and excellent player. I'd love that 2nd yr guy from Lousville to be the guy or someone else I just don't think the timing is good right now.

I really can't wait until WM is NOT a Bill...Seriously...

706711[/snapback]

Yeah, I can't wait to see him breaking through our defence for over 100 yards playing against us while we have a second rate RB behind our lines for 50 yards, atleast we can be proud that he showed up to every voluntary camp and says excuse me when he walks by.

If Willis don't show up for camp he's a bigger !@#$ than I thought he was to start with. He can't be that dumb can he? :lol:

See ya dip sh--! ;)

Nothing to worry about here. We have back up RB's that can do better than Willis did. I'll bet my left nut on it.

I'm trying to resist, cause I like Willis, but I'm starting to feel kind of annoyed by him too. There's even a part of me that hopes he DOESN'T show up to camp (and yes, I know there is no reason to believe he won't....I'm just thinking out loud), so that maybe someone like Lionel Gates can get the rock a bit more and have a chance to make some waves. I know he was a late round pick, but there's just something about him that I have a good feeling about.

I really don't care for WM's attitude and I found his recent interview with the Florida paper kind of disturbing. He has skipped all of the optional sessions and does not seem committed to the team in general. I know our line was poor last year, but his play really regressed, and I have no idea whether he is an elite back.

There is no way I would re-negotiate his deal at this time. Let him prove himself on the field this year.

Mcgahee is a top tier running back. I like his skill, power, and speed, I would take him any day over most backs in the league. The guy is making 1 and change I think for this year. I'd be a little upset too making that money if i'm the featured back on an NFL team relative to the RB market around the NFL for starters.