*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

And even when they do, they always roll around in the middle of the road like they've just been in an accident...mother!@#$ing genius drivers, I tell ya...

718670[/snapback]

That's to collect more insurance.

It's brilliant.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!!  And after watching them in the WC this year, that mental image comes very easily  :lol:

718674[/snapback]

Better than the disappearing acts from Klose, Ballack and Lahm. Did they even start yesterday? :lol:

Better than the disappearing acts from Klose, Ballack and Lahm.  Did they even start yesterday? :lol:

718677[/snapback]

I guess they were hanging out with Luca Toni and F. Totti :lol:

I guess they were hanging out with Luca Toni and F. Totti  :lol:

718678[/snapback]

About 1 million people, according to a Berlin city government estimate, turned Berlin's "Fan Mile" into a sea of black, red and yellow German flags. They yelled "finale" to the tune of Volare and taunted Italy's team by chanting "You're only pizza deliverers!"

Sounds like sore losers to me :lol:

About 1 million people, according to a Berlin city government estimate, turned Berlin's "Fan Mile" into a sea of black, red and yellow German flags. They yelled "finale" to the tune of Volare and taunted Italy's team by chanting "You're only pizza deliverers!"

Sounds like sore losers to me :lol:

718679[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure the Italian fans would have taken the high road..... :lol:

"We should have won that game!  Look how injured our team acted!"

718687[/snapback]

"hell, even the coach took a dive!" :lol:

allez le Bleu

718480[/snapback]

If France passes. Azzurri will get redemption for 2000. I'm sure Cannavaro will remember that game like it was yesterday since it was his 2 errors that cost Italy the Euro.

Lippi has shut down Zidane before and he'll do it again.

I don't know who I want to win this game, but no way in hell am I saying "Let's go F****e"!

Well then you're cheering for the losing team...

once again :lol:

718713[/snapback]

Does that mean you want the French to win? If so, then GO PORTUGAL!!!! :lol:

Does that mean you want the French to win? If so, then GO PORTUGAL!!!!  :lol:

718718[/snapback]

I don't want them to win. I could care less. I just know they will.

Figo/Deco/Ronaldo won't do anything. They are just flashy players.

I don't want them to win.  I could care less.  I just know they will.

Figo/Deco/Ronaldo won't do anything.  They are just flashy players.

718720[/snapback]

Same way you knew Brazil would make the finals? :lol:

And Italy-France final?

Why not just go to a playground and watch four-year olds fall over repeatedly for 90 minutes...

718727[/snapback]

Thank God the match isn't taking place on a German beach....half the players would drown and the other half would run away

Nope, it's in Berlin.  To which all the Frenchmen and Italians of the world are saying "Berlin?  Hmmm...never been there before."

718737[/snapback]

I think that may have been a WWII jab? Maybe I'm wrong, but first off the French were there in 1918 after winning WWI with the rest of the Allies, and second, the Italians were allied with Germany in WWII. On the losing side, mind you.

Also, all the teams dive a little- even the Germans - they just don't writhe on the ground for 20 seconds like the Argentinians, Portueguese, and Italians.

I think that may have been a WWII jab?  Maybe I'm wrong, but first off the French were there in 1918 after winning WWI with the rest of the Allies, and second, the Italians were allied with Germany in WWII.  On the losing side, mind you.

Also, all the teams dive a little- even the Germans - they just don't writhe on the ground for 20 seconds like the Argentinians, Portueguese, and Italians.

718749[/snapback]

How dare you.....the Germans have never dove.

You're right.  They just disappear :lol:

718762[/snapback]

Your team scores a goal in the 119th minute and all of a sudden they just dominated the whole game......mmmmkay :lol:

Your team scores a goal in the 119th minute and all of a sudden they just dominated the whole game......mmmmkay  :lol:

718794[/snapback]

Since when does scoring a goal mean domination?

What happened to Germany would score more than 2 goals. What happened to the free flowing offence of the Germans. Sounds like someone got shut down by the best defence in the world, meanwhile missing the greatest defender in the world in Alessandro Nesta.

Oh well.. the result is all that counts.

Time to get redemption vs France.

Barthez must be heavily invested in heart attack meds, cuz every time he touched the ball today, the French fans had to be having heart attacks....

Buffon or Barthez,,,who would you rather have in goal???

I love how the fans booed Christian Ronaldo every time he touched the ball...

The Portugese continued the crybaby mode and I was glad to see France win...

It will be a great match on Sunday..

Barthez must be heavily invested in heart attack meds, cuz every time he touched the ball today, the French fans had to be having heart attacks....

Buffon  or Barthez,,,who would you rather have in goal???

I love how the fans booed Christian Ronaldo every time he touched the  ball...

718814[/snapback]

Buffon... by far.

Not because of the personal bias. Buffon is just much more calmer, relaxed. Like Shevchenko said, when you play against Buffon, it's like starting the game a goal down.

the Buffon ..Barthez question was asked tongue in cheek...

Italy will be favored, but I think the match will be a lot tighter than peeps believe.

718823[/snapback]

This one has a higher probability of going to penalties. Both defences have played well. The advantage is that Lippi has coached a majority of the players on both sides.

Trezeguet will start on Sunday, that I'm sure.

Totti needs to wake up, although his set ups are beautiful, he has to show to the rest of the world why I am proud to be Roman. Sadly, he probably won't.

Since when does scoring a goal mean domination?

What happened to Germany would score more than 2 goals.  What happened to the free flowing offence of the Germans.  Sounds like someone got shut down by the best defence in the world, meanwhile missing the greatest defender in the world in Alessandro Nesta.

Oh well.. the result is all that counts. 

Time to get redemption vs France.

718809[/snapback]

Yep, our offense got shut down by the best defense, and our crappy defense did the same to your offense....there was very little "dominating" that I saw. 118 of the 120 mins were back and forth, give and take, physical futbal. You're just higher up on the horse now that your team is in the final, and I think it's giving you a license for resivionism :lol: You were a bit more palatable when you were eating the raw chicken :lol:

Italy deserved to move on, but you didn't DOMINATE anyone yesterday.

Buffon  or Barthez,,,who would you rather have in goal???

I love how the fans booed Christian Ronaldo every time he touched the  ball...

718814[/snapback]

We're going to have to wait a while before Mezza comes back down to earth and he is able to detect humor and sarcasm once again..... :lol:

Barthez is perhaps the luckiest player in the tourney right now.....unless he's playing center field on some lob, he's a question mark with every shot. He got off easy with Brazil, who were clearly off their game, and then today he had another relatively easy time of things. If france doesn't go out of their way to protect him for one more game, Italy will light him up like a christmas tree :lol:

We're going to have to wait a while before Mezza comes back down to earth and he is able to detect humor and sarcasm once again..... :lol:

Barthez is perhaps the luckiest player in the tourney right now.....unless he's playing center field on some lob, he's a question mark with every shot. He got off easy with Brazil, who were clearly off their game, and then today he had another relatively easy time of things. If france doesn't go out of their way to protect him for one more game, Italy will light him up like a christmas tree  :lol:

718839[/snapback]

Right now, all I'm thinking about is Sunday. Redemption.

I think that may have been a WWII jab?  Maybe I'm wrong, but first off the French were there in 1918 after winning WWI with the rest of the Allies, and second, the Italians were allied with Germany in WWII.  On the losing side, mind you.

718749[/snapback]

It was a general history jab. Both cross the Rhine on the backs of others, all the way back to Vercingetorix and Ceasar.

But hey, thanks for taking it FAR too seriously. :lol:

France V Italy?

Yeah, I'm excited.

Harding versus Kerrigan.

Who gives a sh--........

Where are those terrorist Argentines, when you need them...... :lol:

718880[/snapback]

They're still crying about how they were supposed to be the best team of this tournament :lol:

Am I the only one who noticed that Italy's coach looks like John Muckler's twin? If I was an Italian fan, I'd be very worried. :lol:

The cool thing about Italy winning this is that the US really outplayed the champs, only to get boned by the refs. So maybe we were aren't as awful as it seems.

Am I the only one who noticed that Italy's coach looks like John Muckler's twin?  If I was an Italian fan, I'd be very worried.  :lol:

The cool thing about Italy winning this is that the US really outplayed the champs, only to get boned by the refs.  So maybe we were aren't as awful as it seems.

718918[/snapback]

Yeah, we had our chance, all we had to do was beat Ghana and we were in.....Italy even threw us a bone, but we didn't do our part. I've since come to place 99% of the blame on Bruce Arena. He needs to go and we need to get a winner in here to lead this team. I know Ghana had a good world cup, but there's no excuse for losing to them as we did.

I don't think I could get drunk enough to possibly enjoy this.

But I'll sure as hell try.  :lol:

718919[/snapback]

You get an opportunity to see the hated Italians get a crushing defeat... something you would probably enjoy.

A crushing defeat?  Oh, good...yet more reason for them to roll around on the pitch like they've been gut shot...

718951[/snapback]

Well if they do lose, i will be the one who will feel like i've been gun shot. :lol: