ajzepp

Sweet Jesus.

709319[/snapback]

lol....damn right...I still can't get her out of my mind :devil:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno....I have a good feeling about this game. I think we're going to play you to at least a draw, maybe even win it outright....I don't see us losing this one. I also don't see the Czechs losing to Ghana, though, so we may still be screwed anyway.....but I think Saturday is going to be a good match.

Otherwise I'll have to rely on my #2 team to take out your Italians :devil:

I dunno....I have a good feeling about this game. I think we're going to play you to at least a draw, maybe even win it outright....I don't see us losing this one. I also don't see the Czechs losing to Ghana, though, so we may still be screwed anyway.....but I think Saturday is going to be a good match.

Otherwise I'll have to rely on my #2 team to take out your Italians :lol:

709343[/snapback]

Heh. I don't know what to think. I just hope everything goes well :devil:

So, World Cup fans, while we are waiting for Friday's games--what are your top three teams based on what you have seen so far?

My three:

Czech Republic

Netherlands

Germany

Except for a few minutes, I have not seen the Spanish team play. So they may look good, but I wouldn't know.

I was not impressed by Brazil. No intensity. They may pick it up in the next game or two. I want to see more of Argentina and Italy before making a call on them as well.

So, World Cup fans, while we are waiting for Friday's games--what are your top three teams based on what you have seen so far?

My three:

Czech Republic

Netherlands

Germany

Except for a few minutes, I have not seen the Spanish team play.  So they may look good, but I wouldn't know.

I was not impressed by Brazil.  No intensity.  They may pick it up in the next game or two.  I want to see more of Argentina and Italy before making a call on them as well.

709352[/snapback]

Czechs

Czechs

Czechs

:doh:

Argentina

Spain

Czech's.

709548[/snapback]

Mine too. Argentina looks awesome! Germany, England, Brazil and Portugal will be right in the thick of things too. Cristiano Ronaldo is a ridiculously talented player and will keep Portugal in the mix

Holy cow! The Angolans held off the Beaners! Hurray!!!!

709817[/snapback]

!@#$ yeah! I will never forgive the Mexican fans throwing bags of feces at the USA team and the fact that they will not trade uniforms with us after games. I will root for Mexico against Iran- thats about it

One other thing I LOVE about soccer- no commercials!  45+ minutes of continuous action each half- AWESOME!

709830[/snapback]

Put your panties back on and get ready for the ass whoopin you will get tomorrow :doh:

!@#$ yeah!  I will never forgive the Mexican fans throwing bags of feces at the USA team and the fact that they will not trade uniforms with us after games.  I will root for Mexico against Iran- thats about it

709819[/snapback]

Or the friggin Osama chants....fuggers.

I smell a tie.  1-1.

709834[/snapback]

I would have agreed with you yesterday.....now I'm smellin an ITALIAN ASS WHOOPING, COURTESY OF THE GOOD OL' FRIGGIN U S OF A, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U - S - A!!! U - S - A!!!!!

I would have agreed with you yesterday.....now I'm smellin an ITALIAN ASS WHOOPING, COURTESY OF THE GOOD OL' FRIGGIN U S OF A, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U - S - A!!!  U - S - A!!!!!

709919[/snapback]

we'll see

The Italians will be very, very hard to beat today. If the USA wins, it will be our greatest World Cup victory yet, since it would be the first time we have beaten the Italians, ever, and the first victory over a European team on European soil. It would also be a first Italian loss since 2004 (something like 20 straight victories for Italy).

The US will have to be relentless on the attack, waiting for an Italian error that may never come.

Meanwhile, the Italians will play cautiously, since a draw will not hurt them too badly. But when the counterattack comes, the US better have men back on defense.

The Italians will be very, very hard to beat today.  If the USA wins, it will be our greatest World Cup victory yet, since it would be the first time we have beaten the Italians, ever, and the first victory over a European team on European soil.  It would also be a first Italian loss since 2004 (something like 20 straight victories for Italy).

The US will have to be relentless on the attack, waiting for an Italian error that may never come.

Meanwhile, the Italians will play cautiously, since a draw will not hurt them too badly.  But when the counterattack comes, the US better have men back on defense.

709923[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I have heard some disturbing comments from Claudio to the effect of, "we need to be cautious, not make a big mistake". I don't like the sound of that. THe US needs to be agressive today, but not careless...

The Italians will be very, very hard to beat today.  If the USA wins, it will be our greatest World Cup victory yet, since it would be the first time we have beaten the Italians, ever, and the first victory over a European team on European soil.  It would also be a first Italian loss since 2004 (something like 20 straight victories for Italy).

Meanwhile, the Italians will play cautiously, since a draw will not hurt them too badly.  But when the counterattack comes, the US better have men back on defense.

709923[/snapback]

The last time Italy lost was in 2002 vs Croatia. In Euro, we didn't lose a game and still didn't pass the group.

I hear a lot of whispers on the streets from fans saying that Italy is overrated because of the results of the Euro and WC 2002. Fact is, before that, them wops managed to finish in the top 4 since the 70's so i'm not too worried.

I'm not taking the US for granted though, just look at how Ghana is winning right now.

I'm not taking the US for granted though, just look at how Ghana is winning right now.

709965[/snapback]

That would be something else if Ghana won today! Being Italian-American, I'm kind of rooting for both the US and Italy to advance, with Italy finishing second. For this ridiculous scenario to unfold, I need the Czech to lose their next 2 games and the US to win theirs.

PS: Can you explain your avatar to me, Meazza?

That would be something else if Ghana won today! Being Italian-American, I'm kind of rooting for both the US and Italy to advance, with Italy finishing second. For this ridiculous scenario to unfold, I need the Czech to lose their next 2 games and the US to win theirs.

PS: Can you explain your avatar to me, Meazza?

709974[/snapback]

A girl with Italia written on her breasts. As simple as that :P:P

Ghana is on FIRE today....If the Czech keeper wasn't so good at cutting off angles, the score could be 4-0. I know the Czechs are down a player, but still...this is going to be a good thing for the group if we can beat Italy today. If not, doesn't much make a difference for us.

Ghana is on FIRE today....If the Czech keeper wasn't so good at cutting off angles, the score could be 4-0. I know the Czechs are down a player, but still...this is going to be a good thing for the group if we can beat Italy today. If not, doesn't much make a difference for us.

709989[/snapback]

i'm very worried :P

i'm very worried  :P

709990[/snapback]

If the Italians REALLY aren't taking the US for granted, as much as I hate to say it you'll probably win out. I just find it hard to believe that the US team just wasn't 'up' for the game against the Czechs. I think our talent level was exposed to be much less than it really is. That being said, I hope like hell I'm wrong about that!

If the Italians REALLY aren't taking the US for granted, as much as I hate to say it you'll probably win out. I just find it hard to believe that the US team just wasn't 'up' for the game against the Czechs. I think our talent level was exposed to be much less than it really is. That being said, I hope like hell I'm wrong about that!

709992[/snapback]

I'm not taking the US for granted. Problem is, I'm not starting today :P

The coach of Italy said that US wasn't as bad as the result. I hope he gets it into their head that there is very little margin for error.

I'm not taking the US for granted.  Problem is, I'm not starting today  :P

The coach of Italy said that US wasn't as bad as the result.  I hope he gets it into their head that there is very little margin for error.

709994[/snapback]

Yeah, that's just it. Did he say that because it was the right thing to say, all the while they are snickering behind closed doors? Or have they really got their 'A' game on tap for us today? I'm hoping it's the former :P

Yeah, that's just it. Did he say that because it was the right thing to say, all the while they are snickering behind closed doors? Or have they really got their 'A' game on tap for us today? I'm hoping it's the former :P

709997[/snapback]

Well, we will see shortly. Good luck Americanos. Time to get wasted.