*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spain looked pretty good today, Germany essentially punched thier ticket to the round of 16 too...

708566[/snapback]

Have you noticed how the ball hardly spins as it cuts through the wind. It has led to several long shots that usually would be saved.

Have you noticed how the ball hardly spins as it cuts through the wind.  It has led to several long shots that usually would be saved.

708567[/snapback]

I hear the goalkeepers have been complaining about the new ball for that reason...

I hear the goalkeepers have been complaining about the new ball for that reason...

708569[/snapback]

I know it might end up burning my team, but I say keep it. It's not a drastic change to the game, and it helps get teams out of the defensive bubble...

but the weaker teams that depend on ties will suffer.

Getting ready for game 5 overtime and have no idea how anyone would prefer soccer over hockey.  I don't get it, I have no fingernails left and I don't really care who wins.  To each his own I guess.

708623[/snapback]

Here we go with the hockey vs soccer thing again....

I never realized that hockey and soccer were mutually exclusive

708682[/snapback]

lol, me neither....

I know this isn't a hockey thread, but that overtime goal was fuggin awesome!

708637[/snapback]

Can we please get back to talking about soccer? After all this is what this thread was started for. Go start your own hockey thread.

Can we please get back to talking about soccer?  After all this is what this thread was started for.  Go start your own hockey thread.

708688[/snapback]

Get 'em, Lana!!

Getting ready for game 5 overtime and have no idea how anyone would prefer soccer over hockey.  I don't get it, I have no fingernails left and I don't really care who wins.  To each his own I guess.

708623[/snapback]

I watch both. They play at totally different times. I just don't have a rooting interest for the SC finals as I do for the WC. I just don't wanna see the Canes win.

Can we please get back to talking about soccer?  After all this is what this thread was started for.  Go start your own hockey thread.

708688[/snapback]

Geez I thought I was talking about soccer. So if I don't like soccer I'm excluded from talking about it? But that's ok get back to it, I'm out of here. Even this thread talking about it is putting me to sleep.

funny line...

The U.S. put one shot on goal. The Czechs could have replaced keeper Petr Cech with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's corpse and still won by two goals.

708810[/snapback]

Because stupid American kickballers wouldn't be able to figure out such a complicated game and just shoot more? :D

Imagine, such a beautiful game being played by guys who've been in it since the age of five, yet one team manages just ONE shot in 90 minutes. Edge of your seat stuff, that.