Bills trade Euhus to Saints for Courtney Watson

Maybe I missed someone else's post, but isn't this the same guy the Dolphins traded Eddie Moore for, but when Watson failed his physical it was canceled?

704437[/snapback]

No, it was Tampa and Mike Williams....

Sorry, this was brought up a couple times in this thread already, so I had to throw that out there...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see On draft day we heard Marv never trades so he did. Whetehr you like the trade or not he did it. Then there is a lot of talk about how inactive the Bills are in free agency and again whether you like the moves or not they have been quite active. I think this staff is really tinkering with the structure trying to put solid Talent f not superstars back on the team.

704276[/snapback]

Great point, and that's the thing I like best about the trade, it may be a sign that Marv isn't afraid to shuffle things around. If say 1-tech DT or the interior OL look like a disaster going into the season, I think Marv will try to make some moves to improve things. TD would just hold his nose & hope for the best.

Great point, and that's the thing I like best about the trade, it may be a sign that Marv isn't afraid to shuffle things around. If say 1-tech DT or the interior OL look like a disaster going into the season, I think Marv will try to make some moves to improve things. TD would just hold his nose & hope for the best.

704483[/snapback]

I like this trade because we had a ton of inferior tight ends, and will soon have a need at linebacker due to age, health, etc.

There was simply nothing to lose here, or so I see it.

So TD never looked to upgrade a position after training camp, right before the season started?

704692[/snapback]

Milloy's the only one I can think of, and even though it did get Wire off the field, I think that move was unique... big headlines, and thought to be the "final piece of the puzzle". 0:)

We don't need oft-injured and therefore underproductive TE's.  Euhus caught 14 passes for 115 yards and 2 TD's in his 2 years in Buffalo, in 23 games played.  That's a little less than 2/3 of a catch for 5 yards a game.

704855[/snapback]

yeah but Euhus was a pretty good blocking TE. But I see your point.

yeah but Euhus was a pretty good blocking TE.  But I see your point.

704914[/snapback]

Oh boy nothing personal but you can really tell we havent had good tes blocking or receiving on this team in a long time when you start to think someone like Tim Useless is a good blocker. I dont know much about Courtney Watson but on the surface it seems like a good move to add depth to one of the spots on defense where we need it.

I watched Watson play for ND for atleast 3 years that I can remember. I don't believe that he got to play much his 1st year. He was a big part of that Irish defense the 1 year that Ty Willingham had a good one. He is alot like a young London Fletcher. He's about the same size and build. He's definitely loaded with potential, but needs proper coaching and to turn up his work ethic to become London's eventual replacement. He COULD end up being a VERY GOOD pro, even a probowl caliber linebacker.

I watched Watson play for ND for atleast 3 years that I can remember. I don't believe that he got to play much his 1st year. He was a big part of that Irish defense the 1 year that Ty Willingham had a good one. He is alot like a young London Fletcher. He's about the same size and build. He's definitely loaded with potential, but needs proper coaching and to turn up his work ethic to become London's eventual replacement. He COULD end up being a VERY GOOD pro, even a probowl caliber linebacker.

705268[/snapback]

No doubt he's got a great opportunity here, cause I do believe this is Fletcher's last season as a Bill... I hope this C. Watson turns out better than the last one. :D

I think that for value to the Bills team, we added depth in an area of need and subtracted in an area that I think will be fine this year with Royal and the emergence of Everett, who I think could be the surprise Bill on offense.

I guess this shoots the Bills are building character with character guys theory. It's like that old adage, one man's garbage is another man's trash.

704254[/snapback]

Per Chris Brown's blog: "He won the American Football Coaches Association Good Works Award for being so heavily involved in the South Bend community while playing for the Irish. He set up a couple of community initiatives involving youth and the local Food Bank."

No character at all... ;)

I still think this trade was weird.  Do we really need more LB's?  Seriously! ;)

706852[/snapback]

I think we do need more LBs(or leastwise need adding more potential).

Most view Fletcher & Posey as having 1 last year with the Bills. I think we will re-sign Fletcher but who knows?

Spikes is recovering from injury & is expected to make it back to full health.

However if he doesn't, where does that leave us?

At the end of this year, we could have...

an old Fletcher(or simply gone)...

an injured Spikes(ghost of former self)...old as well.

an old Posey who is not a stud(though I feel is good enough)

a young Crowell who most consider is decent enough but....can he raise his level to closer to Spikes level?

Adding Watson makes sense in that he is young with a very large upside. He will not have any pressure on him to 'be the guy' and with good training in the right atmosphere, he might achieve close to his potential. If not, his cap numbers are not high & we don't lose much at all.(hell, we are so far under the cap now it wouldn't even be noticeable)

Re: TEs

Kevin Everett was a 3rd rounder last year. Obviously has potential & should & will retain a roster spot unless injury killed his career.

Brad Cieslak has impressed & looks to be a part of the mix.

Robert Royals was brought in to be the blocking TE...

which means that Euhus(blocking TE) was expendable....also maybe the coaches don't like him.

I think it was a simple move that Euhus was not part of our future so we trade him on a guy who has good potential(a gamble) that does not cost us much.

A bit like bringing in Gibson for the OL.