Hotel Issue

30dive

What I'm saying is that, believe it or not, I was once young, and realized then as I DO now, that a wedding party gets rambunctious. I'm happy that they do. 

I can't speak for Marriott, or to the words you have tried to put in my mouth.

703387[/snapback]

And I don't recall quoting you in my response (unless you also post as "Chef Jim"). But to your point, it's not like he was trying to stop the reception (that would have been the Chef Jim method), he was primarily looking for a place in the building where his daughter could get a reasonable amount of sleep for the swim meet. He was as considerate as possible to the fact that weddings are important occasions too, and in fact I was supporting his consideration...

What I'm saying is that, believe it or not, I was once young, and realized then as I DO now, that a wedding party gets rambunctious. I'm happy that they do. 

703387[/snapback]

Hey that's my mouth he was putting those words into. :P

703387[/snapback]

then please explain the purpose of your advice? It seems to have nothing to do with the situation at hand as described in the original post. 30dive descibed the problem with the loud music that was clearly sanctioned by the hotel and their refusal to address the situation according to the wishes of their guest (change rooms) or by abiding by the hotel policy.

I can't believe any of this advice.

You should have gone for the new tried and true American method. You should have complained about the party but stayed in the room. At the swim meet, you then should have had your daughter pretend to drown, but get revived by the lifeguard. At this point, you can sue the hotel for not providing a safe enviornment for your daughter and claim she almost drowned due to the lack of sleep cause by the loud party below your room.

Jeesh, don't you people know anything.

I hate demanding people.  :P

703406[/snapback]

Except the "demanding" people are the ones who got the $50 off their bill. His consideration got him nothing. No new room, no compensation, just a bad night's sleep.

...and I imagine someone who came into your office "demanding" that you help invest their lottery winnings for them would be sent elsewhere...? :)

Except the "demanding" people are the ones who got the $50 off their bill.  His consideration got him nothing.  No new room, no compensation, just a bad night's sleep.

...and I imagine someone who came into your office "demanding" that you help invest their lottery winnings for them would be sent elsewhere...? :)

703431[/snapback]

Yes, but by writing a letter to the GM telling him what happend he'll get the whole amount comped. See what happens when you're polite.

And as far as the lottery demanders. I'd help them, doesn't mean I have to like them? :P BTW lost a $3.5 million client today, went someplace else with her money. She was a client for four years. My respones: Good riddance. Know why, she was too demanding, no lie.

then please explain the purpose of your advice?  It seems to have nothing to do with the situation at hand as described in the original post.  30dive descibed the problem with the loud music that was clearly sanctioned by the hotel and their refusal to address the situation according to the wishes of their guest (change rooms) or by abiding by the hotel policy.

703412[/snapback]

Tolerance of the foibles of others.

Years ago, if someone dropped a coin, I would pick it up for them. These days, I don't, for fear I would get my head stoved in by a member of this current society.

Rudeness, impatience, feeling like they are out to get one at every turn. Nice progress, eh?

Might be y last comment, but if you flip through the guest information books the hotels leave in rooms, most of them do list quiet hours, usually stating at either 10pm or 11pm. And most hotels I've stayed at do not have a security person at night, it's just the front desk and a maintance person. Usually the last thing they want to do is tell a room full of drunken wedding guests that they need to leave.

Tolerance of the foibles of others.

Years ago, if someone dropped a coin, I would pick it up for them. These days, I don't, for fear I would get my head stoved in by a member of this current society.

Rudeness, impatience, feeling like they are out to get one at every turn.  Nice progress, eh?

703440[/snapback]

I always tolerate the foibles of others, and I do not even know what the heck a foible is. :P

All he wanted was a night's sleep, not too spoil anyone's party. All he wanted was what he paid for.

What is more important, the possibly (50/50) once in a lifetime event or the swim meet? Depends on which service you were buying.

They both were.

You are right though, if a coin drops don't pick it up because some moron will think you are stealing it!