[Survey] Outdoor parties...

SDS

Bills just mad because at 9pm they make him stand on the lawn holding a lantern.

703544[/snapback]

Wow, your worse then JSP when you get your little peepee whacked. Now get your lips on Gores member and grow a pair.

I think you should go over and demand one night's worth of mortgage payments....oops, wrong thread. :P

How often will this guy turn 40 this year? Is this a new neighbor? If not, has this been a habitual problem? It does suck, 11:00 is the edge of reasonable, but I wouldn't make anything of it now. Who knows how long this guy will be your neighbor, and how he will react to being antagonized....

If you want to, though, find out what the noise ordinance is, add a buffer beyond that (to show you're being fair and neighborly) and say "the next time you're past that time, I will try calling you once. I get no answer, I'll have to call the police."

Until one of two things happen:

Multiple cop cars show up.

Alcohol is all gone and nobody is sober enough to go get more.

Had 6 cop cars show up once for only two of us finishing off a keg in the backyard at 5am. I suppose throwing empty glasses off the neighbors fence wasn't such a good idea.

Ten o’clock is fair. But I would give the neighbors some space if this party is a once in a lifetime event that they are celebrating.

703600[/snapback]

This I agree with.

If it gets much for children then go over and have a talk with them.

Not unless I know the VERY well, if they are drunk!

Your neighbors are kinder and gentler, millbank! :P

I agree is it was an annual thing, move on - your turn to party will arrive.

If it is every week, call one minute before the local noise ordinance starts.

Yeah, I was going to say 10 p.m. too. That seems to be a reasonable middle ground.

'Course, I'm usually outta there when the mosquitos start showing up in hoards.

703588[/snapback]

You don't like drunk mosquitos?? You bigot.

I'd agree with the 10 to 11 PM sentiment just out of common courtesy, after that take it inside...

Not to take away from the original question, but I will...A few years ago I used to have a pretty hot looking boss. Our crew was made up of 15 guys (field techs) and 3 women in the office. Twice a year the boss would invite the crew to a backyard party at her home...

On Monday mornings, somebody would always ask (usually a newbie), "what time did you leave the party ?" The answer would always be, when <insert bosses name here> ended up naked, passed out, face down on the picnic table...

Still cracks me up to this day...But, then again.

Suffice it to say, you got hosed.

Anytime someone (with whom you do not socialize) invites you to a party, they're doing it because they want something from you.

You have crappy neighbors, and they b*tch-slapped you by taking advantage of you and not answering your calls.

Now that you're in the dumpster, there are several possible solutions for you.

(1) Build a big-@$$ fence.

(2) Move.

(3) Don't talk to them.

(4) Get a threatening-breed dog (German Shepard, Pit Bull).

On the other hand, I live on 225 acres, so I'm never bothered by my neighbor's noises at all.

My family and I had token invites to our neighbor's 40th bday party.  Despite living 50 ft. from us, we haven't socialized in over a year.  When we got the invite, one thing became apparent - someone needed the use of our swing set... (the back of their house is adjacent to the side of our backyard).

Well, after the beer funnel made it's debut around 9:30 pm (and certain parents allowing their 7 year olds to do "water funnels") - I went home.  Yes, 40 year olds doing funnels in Suburbia... it is quite a sight.

The party continued about 50 feet from my bedroom window until 1:00 am.  During which Andrew was awakened every 20-30 minutes and Paige was awakened twice.  The cause of the loud noise?  Smashing bottles and someone yelling at the top of their lungs "OHHHHHHH!!!!!!" every 5 minutes for 3 hours...

At 1:00 am I called over to ask if either the person smashing the glass or the person yelling at the top of their lungs could stop if they wished to remain outside or if they could just walk 15ft into their walkout, finished basement and continue inside.

They didn't answer the phone, but through the magic of caller ID - they knew I was calling.  They disregarded my call and continued to 1:30am.

Their backyard is the size of a small postage stamp, which will become readily apparent when the 6 ft privacy fence goes up in a few weeks....

The response around the office, given the neighborhoods we live in, was 10:00pm max... which was my feeling at well.

703460[/snapback]

Suffice it to say, you got hosed.

Anytime someone (with whom you do not socialize) invites you to a party, they're doing it because they want something from you.

You have crappy neighbors, and they b*tch-slapped you by taking advantage of you and not answering your calls.

Now that you're in the dumpster, there are several possible solutions for you.

(1) Build a big-@$$ fence.

(2) Move.

(3) Don't talk to them.

(4) Get a threatening-breed dog (German Shepard, Pit Bull).

On the other hand, I live on 225 acres, so I'm never bothered by my neighbor's noises at all.

704686[/snapback]

that is prety small in texas .