Sean Taylor deal reached

Agreed. Any Joe Smoe and they would be doing time for the rest of their lives. That is why these repeat offenses keep happening because the kids see this as a slap on the wrist. Unreal how screwed up our system is.

Agreed. Any Joe Smoe and they would be doing time for the rest of their lives. That is why these repeat offenses keep happening because the kids see this as a slap on the wrist. Unreal how screwed up our system is.

701177[/snapback]

I hope he's stupid enough to violate something during his probation.

The deal calls for Taylor to be placed on 18 months of probation, talk to students at 10 Miami-Dade County schools about staying in school and make contributions of $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools, defense attorney Richard Sharpstein said Thursday. A hearing was scheduled for later in the day.

That's a great f***ing sentence...sending a knucklehead like Taylor to talk to students.

The deal calls for Taylor to be placed on 18 months of probation, talk to students at 10 Miami-Dade County schools about staying in school and make contributions of $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools, defense attorney Richard Sharpstein said Thursday. A hearing was scheduled for later in the day.

That's a great f***ing sentence...sending a knucklehead like Taylor to talk to students.

701283[/snapback]

That's a cloud taken away from the Redskins. Another FLA judge stuck it to the B'gals - once again granting a delay in WR Chris Henry's gun brandishing case - with a stolen gun, no less. No resolution either way, so they don't know if the cur is part of their plans or not.

Henry was questionable coming in, so CIN is paying that price. Idiots. They also got another rock thrown their way, picking FSU LB A.J. Nicholson in the 5th - another problem child, now up on felony charges. Levy's "character" speil has merit... :D

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../606010321/1066

He shot a gun in the air to scare someone who had stolen something from him. Did you really expect him to go to jail?

I dare say that a lot of people on this board would have done the same thing.

faces a possible 46 years and gets 18 months probation and has to talk to kids at 10 schools and dish out 10k for scholarships....what a joke

athletes can get away with murder.....literally

faces a possible 46 years and gets 18 months probation and has to talk to kids at 10 schools and dish out 10k for scholarships....what a joke

702277[/snapback]

46 years is the max possible penalty under law, inserted into the article for shock factor. Nobody would have gotten anything even close to 46 years no matter what their status in life.

Under the same circumstances, I think most people would have gotten maybe a month, with a couple years parole. Yes, he gets special treatment because he is an athlete, but it's hardly a case of getting away with murder.

702277[/snapback]

Whom did he kill?!?

He shot a gun in the air to scare someone who had stolen something from him.  Did you really expect him to go to jail?

I dare say that a lot of people on this board would have done the same thing.

An excellent point. People have the right to protect their property from thieves.

46 years is the max possible penalty under law, inserted into the article for shock factor.  Nobody would have gotten anything even close to 46 years no matter what their status in life.

Under the same circumstances, I think most people would have gotten maybe a month, with a couple years parole.  Yes, he gets special treatment because he is an athlete, but it's hardly a case of getting away with murder.

702294[/snapback]

The link is the only article on this I have read....am I missing something?

A guy gets his car stolen, he finds who stole it & it ends up in a fight. Sure he should have gone to the police to let them handle it but....

If he was a normal schmoe like stated earlier, this would never be considered news & certainly would not end up in jail time unless the accused had priors.

Like I said, am I missing something here?

Is there more to the story or is everyone just assuming that because he is a black professional athlete he is a bad guy?

I tell you what, if someone stole my car & I encountered them, there would be a good chance of a physical confrontation. How about you?