Lets go Sabres!

Pete

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed it.  Who went out?  Teppo again?

700342[/snapback]

Teppo has only played a little over 4 minutes in the game. Janek hasn't played in awhile, and has only played about 7 minutes in the game. :doh:

We get taken down again, no penalty. ;):o

EDIT: Janek is playing right now; made Carolina look really good. :doh:

CW

damn it  :o

700345[/snapback]

1-1 with 3:51 left.

Did anyone doubt that would happen? Buffalo was playing defensive the entire 3rd period. They weren't attacking at all like earlier in the game. ;)

Next goal probably wins. GO BUFFALO!

Did anyone doubt that would happen?  Buffalo was playing defensive the entire 3rd period.  They weren't attacking at all like earlier in the game. :o

Next goal probably wins.  GO BUFFALO!

700347[/snapback]

Buffalo should have scored more than once in the first period. The team isn't finishing like they have been all season.

1-1, this is still our game to win.

Did anyone doubt that would happen?  Buffalo was playing defensive the entire 3rd period.  They weren't attacking at all like earlier in the game. :o

Next goal probably wins.  GO BUFFALO!

700347[/snapback]

agreed. but this has been going on all playoffs. i dont know where, but the sabres need to find a killer instinct. I hate sitting back defensively in the 3rd.

agreed. but this has been going on all playoffs. i dont know where, but the sabres need to find a killer instinct. I hate sitting back defensively in the 3rd.

700353[/snapback]

Does it have anything to do with the lack of healthy defensemen (ie: They keep a forward or two back for extra defense)? I don't know, since I missed most of the playoffs while on vacation.

We HAVE to win this one... LET'S GO BUFFALO!

They're just killing me.

Lindy Ruff is the only person in the building who thinks they can win this game 1-0.

700341[/snapback]

Yeah I'm no hockey expert but it did kinda look like they sat on the lead, and I didn't think that about the other leads they've blown this postseason.

In case anybody missed it, Keith Jones declared the game over already at the 2nd intermission saying "next goal wins".

Not terribly optimistic right now but I look at it this way - if we get it done, great. If we don't - and can't finish more than 1 goal against Cam freaking Ward - how would we do vs. an Oilers team that has better defense and goaltending than Carolina?

how would we do vs. an Oilers team that has better defense and goaltending than Carolina?

Although I havn't seen Edmonton play in this postseason, I wouldn't say that Roloson is better than Ward. Roly is good, but definately beatable IMHO.

First thing's first though, gotta get another one past Ward! GO SABRES!

Does it have anything to do with the lack of healthy defensemen (ie: They keep a forward or two back for extra defense)?  I don't know, since I missed most of the playoffs while on vacation.

We HAVE to win this one...  LET'S GO BUFFALO!

700354[/snapback]

That, and the defense has been doing a noticeably worse job clearing the puck and feeding the forwards on transition. The difference between sitting back on defense and not generating any offense because you can't transition from defense may be subtle...but it's definitely real.

Let's Go Sabres...

<clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap>

Let's Go Sabres...

Let's Go Sabres...

Let's Go Sabres...