Lets go Sabres!

Pete

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best quote of the postgame announcers:

"I think the Buffalo Sabres are fortunate that Dougie Weight took that penalty in the overtime period and that allowed the offensive men for Buffalo to get on the ice and end the game."

What an... interesting... way to look at it. Does that mean the Hurricanes were lucky every time we took a penalty? :o

GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh sure, they're reviewing this goal, but they don't review NO GOAL.  :o

GO BUFFALO!

CW

700365[/snapback]

It's actually a new rule that came from the no goal. All overtime goals are now reviewed.

"I think the Buffalo Sabres are fortunate that Dougie Weight took that penalty in the overtime period and that allowed the offensive men for Buffalo to get on the ice and end the game."

What an... interesting... way to look at it.  Does that mean the Hurricanes were lucky every time we took a penalty?  :o

700391[/snapback]

Good point, but if you look there was only a single penalty the entire third period and overtime combined...the penalty to Weight. It definitely seemed like the refs were putting the whistle away in this one so...perhaps we were lucky after all.

What an... interesting... way to look at it.  Does that mean the Hurricanes were lucky every time we took a penalty?  :o

So I guess that the DiverCanes are fortunate that Dumont got his stick held and drew a bogus holding penalty in game 5, eh? ;)

Idiots.

So I guess that the DiverCanes are fortunate that Dumont got his stick held and drew a bogus holding penalty in game 5, eh? :o

Idiots.

700402[/snapback]

To be fair, only one of the post-game announcers seemed to be an idiot. The other ones seemed pretty fair and balanced.

The controversy tomorrow will be whether we let him play game 7 or not.

4 minutes of Teppo < Jillson, especially if we end up in overtime.

700384[/snapback]

Sit Teppo's ass down... You could see this coming from a mile away... He did us no favors today.