I saw the preview for World Trade Center...

IBTG81

Ed, I drive a John Deere lawn tractor.

Because you should compare your Honda Fit to something in it's class, and not a car.  :lol:

699652[/snapback]

:lol:

Oh well, Tommy doesn't like my car. That's like saying Grandpa doesn't like the clothes I'm wearing. :lol:

Ed, I have to go grill some steaks now, but before I do, I want to leave you with two little words:

GAY. CAR.  :lol:

699654[/snapback]

Haha, slacker. I'm grilling burgers and can post!

Thanks Tom-Tom. Knowing you don't like it means I made the right choice! Enjoy the steak!

1) Ed has no image to bring "up"

2) Did I ever say "SUV"?  There's plenty of fuel-efficient cars on the market that aren't gay.

3) It's a GAY CAR.

699640[/snapback]

Overall I'd say it's a good business decision, but a bad social decision. But given the fact that Ed is on his way to being married... not like he has to work to get laid anymore :lol:

Haha, slacker. I'm grilling burgers and can post!

Thanks Tom-Tom. Knowing you don't like it means I made the right choice! Enjoy the steak!

699657[/snapback]

You know, it just occurred to me that I never seriously congratulated you on buying a new car.

So congratulations on not buying something even gayer. Like a Yaris. Or...well, as gayness goes, that's about it, actually.

I went to go see The DaVinci Code and saw the preview for the movie World Trade Center, starring Nicholas Cage.

It was the only preview to a movie that I have ever cried at. People around me were crying, as was my fiancee.

The movie looks very powerful.

699410[/snapback]

Wait, you cried at a preview and you're admitting it? Holy crap. But the again Nicholas Cage movies always make me cry. They make me cry that I wasted 90 minutes of my life watching him make $148 billion trying to act himself out of a paper bag.

He cried when he signed up for his Lesbian car. :doh:  :o

700197[/snapback]

Wanna hear a good lesbian joke?

Why can't lesbians go on a diet and wear makeup at the same time?

Because they can't eat Jenny Craig with Mary Kay on their face.

(Boom...it was just sitting there, man. ;) )

Give Ed a break. He only started to cry when Nicholas Cage, trapped under rubble, started singing "You are my Sunshine". That song would make any real man cry.

Plus two hot chicks thought it was cool. Later on they started crying when recalling Ed crying.

Of course it was their uncontrollable laughter that caused them to cry, but still.

Something equally powerful to Ed's Car

Something equal in gayness to Ed's car

Something equal in power AND gayness to Ed's car

Lord help us.

I shudder to think how Hollyweird is going to portray the events of 9/11.

Maybe Nick Cage will team up with Bruce Willis to take over each plane and save the day.

I don't need this exploitation film to remind my of the events of that day. (And the even worse events that have happened since.)

Lord help us.

I shudder to think how Hollyweird is going to portray the events of 9/11.

Maybe Nick Cage will team up with Bruce Willis to take over each plane and save the day.

I don't need this exploitation film to remind my of the events of that day.  (And the even worse events that have happened since.)

700258[/snapback]

I disagree with this sentiment for the most part. I think it's film's job (or any artform) to reflect any drastic (or even subtle) change in society and the events that caused it. Most of the time, film is ahead of the curve and able to spot changing cultural/social norms before they become main stream. Creating films about these sorts of events does not necessarily mean the industry (or the films themselves) are exploiting the events -- though there are of course exceptions.

There will be a time and a place for countless films which deal with the events on that day and the aftermath. Similarly there will be even more films about the current war in Iraq and the impact (for better or worse) it's inflicted upon American society. The only question I have is whether or not it's too soon. How much perspective can we possibley have on these monumental events less than 10, even 20, years since they occured?

I thought it was a pretty lame film, too.

As far as the WTC, to this day I still can't believe that it happened. I remember when I was in Hawaii in the late 80s. We went to Pearl Harbour and stood above the wreckage of the USS Arizona, which had been left alone since the attack. They described how most of the men were sleeping at the time, and that the ship had become their grave. It's one of the few experiences in my life that really changed me. The attack on the WTC was another one. I don't know how I feel about a film studio profiting off of such a movie, but I do think it's good for Americans to be reminded of this tragedy from time to time.

699586[/snapback]

I would hope that at least a portion of the profits go to victims, a memorial etc., but Hollywood profiting off of the lives of others is nothing new.

Leaving Stone out of the equation, I don't know that I would watch this. To this point I haven't been able to view any of the documentaries surrounding that day.

Speaking of Ed's Gay car.......

I read somewhere that the FIT actually stood for Futuristic Intelligent Transport. They had originally named it Sensible Hybrid Intelligent Transport which was more accurate.

I case anyone is wondering, Ieatcrayonz drives a Bently. I realize none of you know what that is, but maybe you can go to a car show some day.

and oh by the way it is a no oliver stone movie i believe, i will probably stay away from his trash as well

I went to go see The DaVinci Code and saw the preview for the movie World Trade Center, starring Nicholas Cage.

It was the only preview to a movie that I have ever cried at. People around me were crying, as was my fiancee.

The movie looks very powerful.

699410[/snapback]

I disagree with this sentiment for the most part. I think it's film's job (or any artform) to reflect any drastic (or even subtle) change in society and the events that caused it. Most of the time, film is ahead of the curve and able to spot changing cultural/social norms before they become main stream. Creating films about these sorts of events does not necessarily mean the industry (or the films themselves) are exploiting the events -- though there are of course exceptions.

There will be a time and a place for countless films which deal with the events on that day and the aftermath. Similarly there will be even more films about the current war in Iraq and the impact (for better or worse)  it's inflicted upon American society. The only question I have is whether or not it's too soon. How much perspective can we possibley have on these monumental events less than 10, even 20, years since they occured?

700490[/snapback]

I agree. I saw the Flight 93 movie and was very impressed once again by the efforts of the passengers. I think we need to be reminded of the day and the heroes (especially the police and firefighters). The only guy I know of to improperly characterize and use the day for wrong purposes is someone who got us into a war with Iraq pretending Iraq had anything to do with it.

I case anyone is wondering, Ieatcrayonz drives a Bently.  I realize none of you know what that is, but maybe you can go to a car show some day.

700542[/snapback]

I thought Bently was your butler? :lol:

Oh, I get it, you and Bently...

I case anyone is wondering, Ieatcrayonz drives a Bently.  I realize none of you know what that is, but maybe you can go to a car show some day.

700542[/snapback]

you're a chauffeur? i was under the impression that the owners of Bentleys were driven in them by others only

Speaking of Ed's Gay car.......

I read somewhere that the FIT actually stood for Futuristic Intelligent Transport.  They had originally named it Sensible Hybrid Intelligent Transport which was more accurate.

700542[/snapback]

He drives a Bentley, but he can't spell it.

When you can afford a Bently you don't have to be able to spell it.

Excuse me while I go eat some calve-iar.

700904[/snapback]

And has anyone else notice that this year's Latvian Calve-iar is a bit off? I'd hate to have to go with Russian but I may. The Lativian '06 is big and lumpy.

And has anyone else notice that this year's Latvian Calve-iar is a bit off?  I'd hate to have to go with Russian but I may.  The Lativian '06 is big and lumpy.

700909[/snapback]

Would you wash that down with Red or White wine? And more importantly, what color Craoyla® would you recommend for desert?

And has anyone else notice that this year's Latvian Calve-iar is a bit off?  I'd hate to have to go with Russian but I may.  The Lativian '06 is big and lumpy.

700909[/snapback]

This guy is truly an idiot. I ate all of that caviar and crapped in the container. He's eating gerbil poop.