hockey! Hockey!! HOCKEY!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The goals at the end of the periods are always great to have, takes the other team out of it a bit, and the Sabres have the advantage when they start off the 2nd period.

Still though, the Canes have now won 20 of 24 faceoffs. Read that again. Are the Sabres falling asleep at the puck drop here?

Still, for the good news we are FINALLY getting shots on Ward, Briere had a great clinker off the crossbar so we're keeping the pressure on him. Sabres just got to cool down, they're still taking far too many penalties.

I would be happier to see the black jersies spend more time in the Canes' zone and less time on their heels!

but...

This is really exciting! <_<

697484[/snapback]

?? I thought they did a pretty decent job in the territory battle. The problem in my view is the lack of quality chances in the opposing zone at even strength. Maybe Connolly is just that good, or maybe the Canes defense is better than everyone thought.

At least the power play is doing better though.

Score is 4-2...Sabres CANT let up in the 3rd, the Canes are the best comeback team in the entire NHL.

Its like I said earlier, those goals at the end of the periods are deadly...the Canes are going to come out flying in the 3rd, trying to just push the Sabres around and try and claw their way back into the game. They definitely can do that if the Sabres dont keep the pressure on.

That was a great period of hockey for the Swordsmen...Geesh the hitting was awesome...There was a hit at the 10 minute mark that caused me to jump outta my seat,,,which scared the dog...LOL