hockey! Hockey!! HOCKEY!!!

(Though I understand - and agree with - your concerns about Miller stopping long shots.  I cringe every time someone takes a shot from the point on him...  <_<)

697755[/snapback]

But isn't that the nature of the beast with the style of defensive play we bring to the table? Isn't the problem due to the fact that shots from the point never go straight in, and that Miller is usually pretty heavily screened, both by opposing players and his own players trying to block the shots? (I certainly noticed that in Game 2).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And your assertion is because of that, he sucks.

One could also assert that he's so good, no one can score an honest goal on him, and they have to score oddball goals.

(Though I understand - and agree with - your concerns about Miller stopping long shots.  I cringe every time someone takes a shot from the point on him...  :()

697755[/snapback]

LOL Find the post where I said he SUCKS.

I've said he's over-rated but never that he SUCKS. HE's a good goalie. I just don't think he's GREAT. Maybe he'll become great over time, maybe not. But for now, he's good.

Teppo is out.  This article says they will be pairing Janik and Jillson:

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=1620

I haven't heard a Connolly update, yet

698576[/snapback]

Couple o questions. Does anybody know if this was a regular pairing in Rachacha. If so, I understand Janik over Paetsch(sp)If not, why not play that Paetch dude. First off, i see NO amerks games, and I do not remeber the one game this dude played. However, I read he was the third leading scorer on the amerks, so maybe strategy coulda been best D is an aggresive O?

Couple o questions. Does anybody know if this was a regular pairing in Rachacha. If so, I understand Janik over Paetsch(sp)If not, why not play that Paetch dude.  First off, i see NO amerks games, and I do not remeber the one game this dude played. However, I read he was the third leading scorer on the amerks, so maybe strategy coulda been best D is an aggresive O?

698614[/snapback]

I question the logic of playing Janik also. Look, in Lindy we trust, but it didn't seem like they trusted Janik at all in Game 2. Why is he getting another shot, especially when it sounds as though Paetsch plays more like Tallinder?

Except that it was either him or me at this point...  <_<

Come on, man...they're down their three top defenders.  Finding warm bodies to fill the roster is becoming challenging...

698629[/snapback]

But CTM, its five hrs to game time, just cracked my first blue moon in anticipation, getting my ass handed to me in a poker trny, (well theres 135 left out of 678, and i got just above average stack) and im bored. Gotta talk bout sumthin