Cut Brian Moorman Now!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:  Yer NUTS!! Brian is a good team player and qne of NFL's best punters.

even if you were right, where would we get a good punter.

Yours is one of the most Laughable posts in years.

696405[/snapback]

Maybe we shouldnt give crayonz too much credit. As evidenced by this post, its not tough to reel them in over here on the main board.

696405[/snapback]

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!! The 2 players we absolutely can't get rid of are Moorman and Mcgee. Where would we have been last year if it hadn't been for the play of the special teams??

While Ramius's post seemed to be about Moorman, it was really about McGahee. People have been saying that McGahee lacks dedication to the team because he's not at the voluntary workouts. Some are even saying this shows a lack of character, and suggesting he may not fit with what Marv is trying to build. Ramius was pointing out Moorman is also missing those required workouts. As you wrote, it would be silly to cut him.

696405[/snapback]

Thanks for bringing some sense to this board. Cut Brian Mormon? Forget his religion, he's one of the best punters in the league! And you know what>? I know a LOT about football. And I met this guy in Wegmans the other day. Let's just call him "Castratti" (if I told you his real name, I might be wacked).

Anyway, this guy tells me, he has inside info, that Mormon is the odds-on favorite to be the backup QB! Maybe even first string. With his speed and his arm he could be downright dangerous. And rather than take a sack, he can just pooch punt it. He also has been working out with Doug Flutie in the off season, running plays etc.

And this is the guy you want to cut? Any old punter, I agree, you don't make the mini-camp - you are gone. But this guy is something special. If you are reading this Marv, keep Brian Mormon! Get er done, Marv!

696405[/snapback]

Dude, the post was sarcastic :(

{Somebody had to tell him}

thank you chicago, i caught that a while back but some people dont get in on the joke..in all seriousness moorman is arguably our best player..as sad as that is

696575[/snapback]

at least most of you guys get it. :lol: Its basically the same situation, i just subbed in moormans name for mcgahee (because everyone loves moorman) to show how ridiculous these "get rid of willis" posters sound.

The only reason willis gets hated on here is because he's from Miami and a lot of people cant relate to him. therefore, different = bad If willis was from michigan, ohio state, minnesota, nebraska, etc, no one would say boo about him. But hes from miami, and hes got rosenhaus as his agent, so he's automatically the devil.

Willis missed VOLUNTARY workouts. If your boss told you that this thursday and friday were VOLUNTARY days of work, how many of you would show up? I rest my case.

Exactly.  Cut the punter so we have the roster space for another long snapper!

696191[/snapback]

Well if the offense could get a first down on every series, the Bills wouldn't NEED a punter!

No, I think Bill in Livonia was using reverse sarcasm. :lol:

Great thread!

696581[/snapback]

Ahhhh, but FiC was using reverse reverse sarcasm, but you know that because you were using reverse, reverse reverse sarcasm. I'm explaining it to everyone else though...

He was a track star and he almost won the NFL fastest man competition.

696737[/snapback]

Yup. I was serious. He's in the NCAA D II Track and Field HOF :

Former Pittsburg State University track & field standout Brian Moorman will be inducted into the NCAA Division II Track & Field Hall of Fame next week.

Moorman, who captured three straight national championships in the 400 meter hurdles between 1997-99, will be enshrined into the Hall of Fame in ceremonies to be held Wednesday, May 24, at Emporia, Kan. The awards banquet will take place at 6:30 p.m. at the Emporia State University Memorial Union.

Moorman, from Sedgwick, Kan., finished a decorated track & field career at PSU as a 10-time NCAA Division II All-American. He earned individual event All-America accolades on eight occasions and twice helped the Gorillas’ 4x400 meter relay team to All-America performances.

In capturing the 1998 NCAA-II Outdoor National Championship, Moorman turned in the second-fastest time in school history in the event with a 49.77-second clocking. Former Olympian Dinsdale Morgan holds the PSU record with a 49.11 time from the 1996 season.

Moorman dominated the hurdles events in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association during his collegiate career. He garnered All-MIAA honors in individual events 13 times, including eight MIAA titles. Moorman captured the league crown in the 400m hurdles from 1997-99. He captured a pair of MIAA titles in the 110m hurdles (1998-99) and he won the 55m hurdle title three times (1996, ’98-99).