Takeo Spikes' "Sirius" interview yesterday

I heard TKO's interview on Sirius Satellite yesterday. He touched on a couple of topics.

As far as his health is concerned. TKO said he can't put a percentage on it but added he is on schedule in comparison to others that he had spoken to that suffered the same injury.

When asked about JP Losman, Spikes said that JP is well liked by his teammates (there goes that JP has a bad attitude theory). He also added that JPL needs to earn his respect from his peers on the playing field.

On Dick Jauron. He says he likes what he sees from DJ so far and that he knew a lot about DJ from Dick LeBeau, who used to speak about DJ in high regard. I guess it takes a Dick to know a Dick :doh: . Sorry, bad joke. I just had to do it though :blink: .

On the teams' chances in the east. He feels the Bills have a chance to compete in the AFC east as long as everyone believes they can. He thinks that the team will be better this year as oppesed to last year because of the changes in the coaching staff.

Noooooooooooo! This can not be true! JP has an attitude problem and pissed off all the veterans -- I read it right here on this website!

Takeo was obviously on crack while giving that interview.

Because if teammates didn't like JP, Takeo would go right out and say it.

Noooooooooooo!  This can not be true!  JP has an attitude problem and pissed off all the veterans -- I read it right here on this website!

693194[/snapback]

693195[/snapback]

Congratulations, Dawgg! You just won the "Who will beat Holcomb's Arm to the Punch?" sweepstakes!! Grand Prize -- your own personal copy of the Bills-Jets season finale, 2005...enjoy!

Sarcasm aside, do you really feel that Spikes is that stupid to go out and speak ill of a teammate on national radio? There's an unwritten code of conduct among teams that those types of things remain in-house. Even when people allegedly didn't like Flutie on the team, nobody came out and said it.

But go ahead, you can brand me a Holcomb supporter. Have fun with that :)

Congratulations, Dawgg!  You just won the "Who will beat Holcomb's Arm to the Punch?" sweepstakes!!  Grand Prize -- your own personal copy of the Bills-Jets season finale, 2005...enjoy!

693204[/snapback]

Congratulations, Dawgg!  You just won the "Who will beat Holcomb's Arm to the Punch?" sweepstakes!!  Grand Prize -- your own personal copy of the Bills-Jets season finale, 2005...enjoy!

693204[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

holy Sh*t this has got to be the wittiest post I have seen in a verrrry long time!!!

sorry (holcombs arm / dawwg), but understand I am laughing at the context and content, not any negative intnet.

Noooooooooooo!  This can not be true!  JP has an attitude problem and pissed off all the veterans -- I read it right here on this website!

That avatar or yours has a nice crack!

Sarcasm aside, do you really feel that Spikes is that stupid to go out and speak ill of a teammate on national radio?  There's an unwritten code of conduct among teams that those types of things remain in-house.  Even when people allegedly didn't like Flutie on the team, nobody came out and said it.

But go ahead, you can brand me a Holcomb supporter. Have fun with that :)

693206[/snapback]

There is an enormous difference between being evasive, being diplomatic, and saying "JP is well liked by his teammates" if that is indeed what TKO said.

693195[/snapback]

I guess it's time for me to set the record straight on this issue.

The question that was presented to TKO was regarding the QB situation in Buffalo. I could understand your point if the question was, So Takeo, do you and the other Bills like JP? Then of course he would say yes, but that didn't happen here. TKO offered that info on his own.

TKO's exact words were "everyone likes JP but he has to earn his teammates' respect on the field".

who knows? If he's ever the same speed wise I'd be very shocked. Strength will be there, but agility will be different in his game after an injury like that.

693294[/snapback]

BUT WHAT'S HIS 40 TIME?????

Guest dog14787
If his injury lingers it doesn't matter what he says or does this year. Achilles tendons have lingering affects long after healed.

693288[/snapback]

I BILLIEVE :)

BUT WHAT'S HIS 40 TIME?????

693312[/snapback]

How does 4.68 sound. :)

Phew, pretty good to me for a LBer after Achilles tendon repair. :D

However, if you're still unhappy, let me know.

I still like the .08 extra, sounds more technical. :lol:

I can change this response though... ;)

i don't doubt that JP is considered a decent guy, i think the issue is his play (and what he shows in practice).

i think he just needs to get better and be consistent for the team to rally behind him.

the best result would be jp winning out in training camp and starting, but i dunno if he can beat out holcomb (and i don't like kelly gutless).

There is an enormous difference between being evasive, being diplomatic, and saying "JP is well liked by his teammates" if that is indeed what TKO said.

693225[/snapback]

I agree. Spikes was interviewed by a station in Atlanta last year before the start of the season. They asked him what he thought about JP being "handed" the starting job and he just laughed and said, he just needs to not make mistakes and keep us in games so that the Defense could win them. He got his point across by being a bit evasive. Therefore, I believe him when he said that JP's teammates like him.