Buffalo Sabres Home Playoff Tickets

Damn.  So I could buy seasons (which guarantees me playoff tickets) and sell the extra playoff tickets to cover the cost of the seasons...sweet...

693042[/snapback]

Thats exactly what most people are doing

Since if you bought season tickets you get the chance to buy your Sabres playoff tickets early, and at a cheaper price, most people are buying as much as they can and scalping the extras to cover the costs of the seasons and playoff tickets for themselves, and causing the sabres fans who cannot swing the cost of season tickets to fight for the scraps left or buiy a ticket for an insanely high amount

Since if you bought season tickets you get the chance to buy your Sabres playoff tickets early, and at a cheaper price, most people are buying as much as they can and scalping the extras to cover the costs of the seasons and playoff tickets for themselves, and causing the sabres fans who cannot swing the cost of season tickets to fight for the scraps left or buiy a ticket for an insanely high amount

693107[/snapback]

Good for them...

It's nice that the every day fan who goes night after night gets a little benny at the end of the season.

Good for them...

It's nice that the every day fan who goes night after night gets a little benny at the end of the season.

693113[/snapback]

Golisano has proved to be a GREAT Owner....my 3rd round tix were $20 per seat...Big Shiny thing Finals..$25 per seat..AMAZING

693107[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the same thing happen in the mid-70's? I was only a kid, but I remember French Connection-era Sabres playoff tickets were very hard to get... no on-line access even, you had to camp out for the scraps. :blink:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the same thing happen in the mid-70's? I was only a kid, but I remember French Connection-era Sabres playoff tickets were very hard to get... no on-line access even, you had to camp out for the scraps. :blink:

693120[/snapback]

I don't know whether STH's got to buy additional seats back in the 70's, but I do know that every game from 10/15/72 - 11/12/80 was sold out. It was extremely difficult to get regular season tickets back then if you weren't a STH and IIRC there was a waiting list for season tickets. My dad could typically finagle a pair or 2 per season from friends of his that were season ticket holders, but it was definitely a treat to go to a RSG. I couldn't imagine getting tickets to the playoffs back then.

STH's didn't get dibs on the "open practice" tickets. That was one of the very few events that you had a reasonable chance of getting tickets to if you wanted.

Golisano has proved to be a GREAT Owner....my 3rd round tix were $20 per seat...Big Shiny thing Finals..$25 per seat..AMAZING

693115[/snapback]

Good for the Sabres! They want people to know there are perks to buying season tickets. Getting to see the finals (hopefully) for $25 a seat is one of them. Considering you shelled out the big bucks on team that everyone said would suck, you earned it.

Living out of town, I would have little chance to use Sabres full-season tix, but I considered buying a flex-pack mid-season. I should have done it. I'd have tickets to the conference finals now. :blink:

PTR

I don't know whether STH's got to buy additional seats back in the 70's, but I do know that every game from 10/15/72 - 11/12/80 was sold out.  It was extremely difficult to get regular season tickets back then if you weren't a STH and IIRC there was a waiting list for season tickets.  My dad could typically finagle a pair or 2 per season from friends of his that were season ticket holders, but it was definitely a treat to go to a RSG.  I couldn't imagine getting tickets to the playoffs back then.

STH's didn't get dibs on the "open practice" tickets.  That was one of the very few events that you had a reasonable chance of getting tickets to if you wanted.

693141[/snapback]

I went to quite a few Bills games in the 70's, but other than 1 or 2 games the only time I saw the Sabres live was at the "open practices", they were great for kids. Loved Eddie Shack at them... Sweet Daddy Shackie went all out no matter what it was! :blink:

I went to quite a few Bills games in the 70's, but other than 1 or 2 games the only time I saw the Sabres live was at the "open practices", they were great for kids. Loved Eddie Shack at them... Sweet Daddy Shackie went all out no matter what it was! :)

693151[/snapback]

The open practices were a blast. Did you end up getting one of the Western Savings Bank sweaters? That and the shootouts were the best part.

The open practices were a blast.  Did you end up getting one of the Western Savings Bank sweaters?  That and the shootouts were the best part.

693275[/snapback]

No, never got one of them. :)

I went to quite a few Bills games in the 70's, but other than 1 or 2 games the only time I saw the Sabres live was at the "open practices", they were great for kids. Loved Eddie Shack at them... Sweet Daddy Shackie went all out no matter what it was! :)

693151[/snapback]

Likewise. We also used to cut the backs off the cartons of DairyLea milk (back when they used to deliver it!) and get tix to Sabres and Braves. This was probably back in 73-74 I would guess.

Good for the Sabres!  They want people to know there are perks to buying season tickets.  Getting to see the finals (hopefully) for $25 a seat is one of them.  Considering you shelled out the big bucks on team that everyone said would suck, you earned it.

693145[/snapback]

Considering the majority of the people getting to take advantage of this deal are ones who put the 30% down on seasons tickets for next year. It is a great buisness deal by TG to get the most season ticket sales for next season.

It just sucks that the fans without season tickets get screwed over for paying the full price for the playoff tickets, and if they want to go now, they will have to mortgage everything they own to get scalper tickets

Considering the majority of the people getting to take advantage of this deal are ones who put the 30% down on seasons tickets for next year. It is a great buisness deal by TG to get the most season ticket sales for next season.

It just sucks that the fans without season tickets get screwed over for paying the full price for the playoff tickets, and if they want to go now, they will have to mortgage everything they own to get scalper tickets

693599[/snapback]

...and again, my point was that my understanding was that up until recently (and maybe even now, I think they reserved some), if you paid 100% for seasons you get guaranteed playoff tickets. Still full price, but you'd get them. Get two seasons, buy 4 (or whatever the max) playoff tickets for each game, sell the extras on eBay, and you could end up with seasons for free (depending in part on how many games), just for jumping on the bandwagon at this point.

Though if it's only one game you want to go to then yeah, you are screwed...