Youboty is impressive

JoeF

From this week's tip sheet on ESPN.com

Buffalo coaches were impressed last weekend with the ability of cornerback Ashton Youboty of Ohio State, the team's third-round choice and an apparent steal in that stanza, to assimilate the coverage calls quickly at mini-camp …

--- guess even though the Bills draft room was drunk and disorderly that our blind squirrel front office found an acorn in Youboty.

:D

Buffalo coaches were impressed last weekend with the ability of cornerback Ashton Youboty of Ohio State, the team's third-round choice and an apparent steal in that stanza, to assimilate the coverage calls quickly at mini-camp …

--- guess even though the Bills draft room was drunk and disorderly that our blind squirrel front office found an acorn in Youboty.

690332[/snapback]

good news.

690332[/snapback]

Watch out for that.

Sorry.  If check to see if there's a previous discussion on that.

690365[/snapback]

Naw, don't bother. I don't think there's one in particular on Ko, it's just the Wonderlick thing in general. It's a bit tiresome (to me at least).

Frankly, I don't care if any of The Bills can spell "Mother." It doesn't matter. Not for nothing, but OJ wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Oops, bad analogy there. OJ wasn't the brightest bulb in the socket, but it didn't stop him one whit from dancing through defenses and making his mark on the Pro Football world.

I'm just going to roll my hopes up in a neat little package until the season starts and watch the entertainment of the game of Pro Football. I just don't care how many pounds each player weighs, his number, time in the 40 or number of illegitimate children he has, or if he's a pillow biter. I just care about how they can produce on the field of football and if they're entertaining while maintaining some semblence of respectibility. Aw, screw it. They don't even have to be respectible if I've had enough to drink.

Naw, don't bother. I don't think there's one in particular on Ko, it's just the Wonderlick thing in general. It's a bit tiresome (to me at least).

I agree to a point, although I also agree with those who think that the extremes make a player standout. I heard Simpson scored a 10 (speaking of his uniform number HD...) on the Wonderlic, which is an extreme and makes him seem dumb. I hope that's not the case at all, just cause for concern (and possibly a reason he fell to the 4th).

What did JP Losman get on his Wonderlic the first time? Note that most scouts disregard the second tries b/c of how much the agents practice them up for the thing as per Peter King  of SI.

690391[/snapback]

i read a while back that jp scored a 31 on the wonderlic. can't remember the exact source but maybe you can google it. i also remember reading that 31 is the average score of chemical engineers. so i guess it's a pretty decent score.

What did JP Losman get on his Wonderlic the first time? Note that most scouts disregard the second tries b/c of how much the agents practice them up for the thing as per Peter King  of SI.

690391[/snapback]

If agents (of all people) can get players to get good Wonderlic scores simply by practicing it, how good of a judge of intelligence could it possibly be?

If agents (of all people) can get players to get good Wonderlic scores simply by practicing it, how good of a judge of intelligence could it possibly be?

690518[/snapback]

I was passing along the info without judgment. Ask Peter King, THE GREATEST WRITER IN THE HISTORY OF NFL

Frankly, I don't care if any of The Bills can spell "Mother." It doesn't matter. Not for nothing, but OJ wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Oops, bad analogy there. OJ wasn't the brightest bulb in the socket, but it didn't stop him one whit from dancing through defenses and making his mark on the Pro Football world.

I'm just going to roll my hopes up in a neat little package until the season starts and watch the entertainment of the game of Pro Football. I just don't care how many pounds each player weighs, his number, time in the 40 or number of illegitimate children he has, or if he's a pillow biter. I just care about how they can produce on the field of football and if they're entertaining while maintaining some semblence of respectibility. Aw, screw it. They don't even have to be respectible if I've had enough to drink.

690377[/snapback]

One of the best posts to ever grace this fine website!